Jarvis Jones is gonna fall now

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Jarvis Jones is gonna fall now
Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:45 pm
  • http://seahawksdraftblog.com/how-will-s ... raft-stock

In 2009, Jarvis Jones was playing for the USC Trojans against Oregon. He suffered a pretty routine hit, but Jones stayed on the turf with a neck injury and was pulled out of the game as a precaution. Doctors diagnosed a mild case of spinal stenosis.

oh crap. I'm sorry Jarvis, I hope you still get drafted high. But on behalf of the Hawks, GET THE HELL AWAY.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Re: Jarvis Jones is gonna fall now
Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:50 pm
  • It's possible. Da'Quan Bowers fell from top 5 to mid-2nd round due to worries about his knee holding up.

Seattle has gambled on health before- Leon Washington and Walter Thurmond were both invested in despite having significant injury histories.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:09 am
  • kearly wrote:It's possible. Da'Quan Bowers fell from top 5 to mid-2nd round due to worries about his knee holding up.

Seattle has gambled on health before- Leon Washington and Walter Thurmond were both invested in despite having significant injury histories.

To be fair, they were invested in with a 5th rounder (Leon) and a 4th rounder (Walter, if I recall correctly), which is about where I'd expect a talented but injury-prone to fall value-wise. It'd worry me to draft a guy with spinal stenosis in the first or second round, no matter how talented.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:20 am
  • kearly wrote:It's possible. Da'Quan Bowers fell from top 5 to mid-2nd round due to worries about his knee holding up.

Well PC wouldn't let Jones play then. I doubt he would let Jones play now.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:57 pm
  • It's funny how quickly Kiper and McShay have forgotten about that. JJ is doing very well in college football but how about when he gets hit in the NFL? Just look at what happened to Jahvid Best. I was shocked with Detroit drafted him so early.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:18 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Well PC wouldn't let Jones play then. I doubt he would let Jones play now.

Probably. If I could interview Pete Carroll that would probably be my first question for him. I'd be curious to hear what his response to Jones' last two seasons would be.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:52 pm
  • kearly wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Well PC wouldn't let Jones play then. I doubt he would let Jones play now.

Probably. If I could interview Pete Carroll that would probably be my first question for him. I'd be curious to hear what his response to Jones' last two seasons would be.

I imagine Pete would say that the USC doctors would not clear Jarvis, hence Jarvis not playing at USC.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information