We are #10 on the power rankings :)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
We are #10 on the power rankings :)
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm
  • Very nice, very nice indeed!

NFL.COM wrote:The Seattle Seahawks continue to win, taking a healthy 6-4 record into the bye week. This is clearly the best team Pete Carroll has had in his three-year tenure in the Great Northwest, with a wild-card berth being a very real possibility. The key for a team that has so many youngsters playing significant roles is to not let the bye week affect momentum. In case you're wondering, here is Seattle's remaining sked: at Dolphins, at Bears, vs. Cardinals, at Bills, vs. 49ers, vs. Rams. 10-6, Seahawks fans?

Russell will get us a wining season, have faith! I'd like to see 11-5, but I'll take 9-7 if it means a playoff berth!
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Re: We are #10 on the power rankings :)
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:28 pm
  • Works for me. Tho I'd rather see 11-5
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 pm
  • 10-6 is what I predicted at the start of the season... and it's definitely within our reach now.

Hopefully, the bye will allow our D to regain its earlier form... and our O to continue to improve its consistency/efficiency.

I re-watched the Dallas game last night and I am of the opinion that collectively, our D has lost a step during the past 8 games.

I chalk it up to the grind of the NFL. Everybody's a bit dinged up by comparison to the 2nd game of the year.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:37 pm
  • Man, sad to think there's only 6 games left in the season. (though I expect an extra 2 or 3 for the playoffs). Football season always goes too fast. :(
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:47 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Man, sad to think there's only 6 games left in the season. (though I expect an extra 2 or 3 for the playoffs). Football season always goes too fast. :(

Man you ain't kidding. Honestly, this has been one of the funnest seasons in recent memory. I'm loving every minute of it.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:51 pm
  • We are #8 on Cowherd's rankings and I trust his opinio over anyone else in the NFL. When Colin does his "Blazing 5" predictions on Fridays, it literally effects Vegas' line.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:54 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:We are #8 on Cowherd's rankings and I trust his opinion over anyone else in the NFL. When Colin does his "Blazing 5" predictions on Fridays, it literally effects Vegas' line.

lol everyone on .net is on different sides of the fence. A whole bunch of people think Cowherd's stupid, and a whole bunch of people think he's smart. Hilarious.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:11 am
  • Cowherd is an idiot who took three years to figure out that Pete Carroll can actually coach in the NFL. And as far as Vegas goes, they are savvy when it comes to setting the weekly lines, but they also had Seattle down for 7-9 before this season. Derp.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:17 am
  • Yeah, preseason predictions are really really tough though. Even the "easier" teams to predict are tough.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:19 am
  • kearly wrote:Cowherd is an idiot who took three years to figure out that Pete Carroll can actually coach in the NFL. And as far as Vegas goes, they are savvy when it comes to setting the weekly lines, but they also had Seattle down for 7-9 before this season. Derp.

This. Cowherd just likes the sound of his own annoying nasally voice. After the Cards game, I heard him on there talking about how Pete Carrol has missed on all of his draft picks except for 'Evan' Thomas. Couldn't even get the name right. Then he went on to say that he didn't have a QB and that the Seahawks would post a losing record again. Now, he's talking about how the Hawks are a playoff team and that Carroll has built a great team and Wilson is a great QB. He's just another chucklehead in a world full of them.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:21 am
  • Jazzhawk wrote:Works for me. Tho I'd rather see 11-5

Done =)
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:10 am
  • Jazzhawk wrote:Works for me. Tho I'd rather see 11-5

Screw that! Dream big, Jazzy boy!

12-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:27 am
  • screw wild card, we want the division... SF has shown more than once, there are a ton of kinks in their armour..... i say we go for that big fat vein, right off to the left and just below the jaw bone....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 am
  • Better be at least 11 cause I'm not convinced 10 will get it done unless the ninnirs have a complete meltdown and we wind up winning the division.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:47 am
  • #10 in the rankings!? No WAY! That means... We're going to the Meineke Muffler Bowl!!! Somebody cue our fight song!
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 pm
  • i just read a note to myself on my work e-mail entered may 9th...it read 'whew...finally bye-week...we should be at 6-4'

that's good news prediction..bad news prediction is i said we finish 3-3 miss playoffs...hope i'm wrong!
    Last edited by jack_patera on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:06 pm
  • The Radish wrote:Better be at least 11 cause I'm not convinced 10 will get it done unless the ninnirs have a complete meltdown and we wind up winning the division.

:les:

They don't need a complete meltdown. They've got four tough games coming up. Bears, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks. They could very realistically lose those 4, win the other 3, and finish 9-6-1. We'll have to see what happens, but the Seahawks need to keep winning, for sure.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:21 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    The Radish wrote:Better be at least 11 cause I'm not convinced 10 will get it done unless the ninnirs have a complete meltdown and we wind up winning the division.

They don't need a complete meltdown. They've got four tough games coming up. Bears, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks. They could very realistically lose those 4, win the other 3, and finish 9-6-1. We'll have to see what happens, but the Seahawks need to keep winning, for sure.

Possibly, but not realistically.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:Possibly, but not realistically.

Did you watch the Rams @ 49ers game? I maintain "realistically".
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:32 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:Possibly, but not realistically.

I agree. I said earlier in the year that the 49ers may have peaked too soon. I think I'm going to stand by that statement for a bit.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:35 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:I agree. I said earlier in the year that the 49ers may have peaked too soon. I think I'm going to stand by that statement for a bit.

Yep, as can be witnessed by my bet with BoX, I expected a decline for the 49ers this year, as well. This next game (Chicago @ San Francisco) for them will be very telling. It should be a game of great interest to us, since we're playing the Bears 2 weeks after that.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:17 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:Possibly, but not realistically.

I agree. I said earlier in the year that the 49ers may have peaked too soon. I think I'm going to stand by that statement for a bit.

As peaking too soon is your area of expertise, I'll defer to you for now.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:20 pm
  • JesterHawk wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

As peaking too soon is your area of expertise, I'll defer to you for now.

What can I say? Your mom is goo-ood.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:29 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    kearly wrote:Cowherd is an idiot who took three years to figure out that Pete Carroll can actually coach in the NFL. And as far as Vegas goes, they are savvy when it comes to setting the weekly lines, but they also had Seattle down for 7-9 before this season. Derp.

This. Cowherd just likes the sound of his own annoying nasally voice. After the Cards game, I heard him on there talking about how Pete Carrol has missed on all of his draft picks except for 'Evan' Thomas. Couldn't even get the name right. Then he went on to say that he didn't have a QB and that the Seahawks would post a losing record again. Now, he's talking about how the Hawks are a playoff team and that Carroll has built a great team and Wilson is a great QB. He's just another chucklehead in a world full of them.

this..the guy knows nothing of the Hawks..except what he hears..he hates the Hawks and I hate him. I have heard him trashing the Seahawks many times.
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information