What an amazing win

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
What an amazing win
Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:27 pm
  • Fantastic. Superb.

Lots of moaning in the game gameday thread about the offense... but let's give Rex Ryan some credit. The guy can coach. And let's give Darrell Bevell some credit too. It didn't take him too long to adjust and combat the blitzing. When the game was over.. Wilson has two TD's and no picks, Lynch has 100+ yards and a touchdown and our receivers again show up with a big game.

On defense - a nice big shut out after a couple of difficult games.

This is a young team with a ton of potential, and we recovered from a difficult patch in the game to coast along in the second half. This is just the start.

And if anyone cares for those 'instant reaction' type posts (along with a thought on a guy who would be a great compliment to this offense) I wrote this: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/instant-re ... ove-to-6-4

'Go Hawks'.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: What an amazing win
Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:35 pm
  • Really.. this is what I expected to happen. Am I happy we won? Absolutely. But I also realize after the bye week.. we have two very big games that will define the rest of this season.

When this team can win a big road game, I'll be excited. Until then.. I'm held back in that department.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:45 pm
  • I wish is was 28-0 that did sucks when RW fumbled. But a great win.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:47 pm
  • Stupid offsides no call...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:49 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Really.. this is what I expected to happen. Am I happy we won? Absolutely. But I also realize after the bye week.. we have two very big games that will define the rest of this season.

When this team can win a big road game, I'll be excited. Until then.. I'm held back in that department.

It must suck to be a fan when you cant get excited about blow out wins. I dont understand it.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:03 pm
  • Time to get excited if you ask me.

Young team, nobody wins in our house. Road wins? That's just the next thing on the check list. We probably won't win the Super Bowl this year, but at least we're heading in the right direction. That's reason enough to get excited.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:08 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Time to get excited if you ask me.

Young team, nobody wins in our house. Road wins? That's just the next thing on the check list. We probably won't win the Super Bowl this year, but at least we're heading in the right direction. That's reason enough to get excited.

At the very least we will win a playoff game and prevent some one else from making the Superbowl.

But in all seriousness, I won't be surprised if we make it to the Superbowl this year. This team is that good.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:09 pm
  • I agree time to get excited. Minnesota has two games against GB and two against Chicago. We hold the tie breaker over GB and Minnesota if tied with both.

TB is about the only team that could really challenge and screw us up if we go 10-6.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:11 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Really.. this is what I expected to happen. Am I happy we won? Absolutely. But I also realize after the bye week.. we have two very big games that will define the rest of this season.

It must suck to be a fan when you cant get excited about blow out wins. I dont understand it.

All over a silly Flynn jersey purchase too. I'm surprised he still refuses to cheer for our QB.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:11 pm
  • I'm excited as all get out!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:16 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:At the very least we will win a playoff game and prevent some one else from making the Superbowl.

Unless we win the division, that playoff win would have to be on the road.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:24 pm
  • This team has won tough road games in Chicago and New York with far less talent than it has now. It beat Carolina, was a play away from beating each of our three division rivals, and put up 24 points against Detroit. Everyone else sees a monkey riding this team's back with the words "road games" taped to it, but I don't see it. We'll be fine.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:26 pm
  • That game was awesome.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:29 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:This team has won tough road games in Chicago and New York with far less talent than it has now.

Are you referring to the Chicago game where they were starting Caleb Hanie? Chicago looks much, much improved since then. They're shutting down a top 5 offense as I type this.

That "road monkey" is probably coming from the 1-3 road record, 6-14 since Carroll has been here. Hard to say it's not a significant problem.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:43 pm
  • Rat wrote:Are you referring to the Chicago game where they were starting Caleb Hanie? Chicago looks much, much improved since then. They're shutting down a top 5 offense as I type this.

No, I'm talking about the 2010 game where they started Jay Cutler.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:44 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:All over a silly Flynn jersey purchase too. I'm surprised he still refuses to cheer for our QB.

Actually I only own an Earl Thomas jersey. Thanks for trying though. :th2thumbs:

And no.. I'm not overly excited about blowing out the Jets. We're supposed to do that. This is all for not if we go into Miami and lay an egg.

Fact is we're 5-0 at home and 1-4 on the road. If the latter doesn't change, what we do at home isn't going to matter a whole lot.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:46 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:This team has won tough road games in Chicago and New York with far less talent than it has now. It beat Carolina, was a play away from beating each of our three division rivals, and put up 24 points against Detroit. Everyone else sees a monkey riding this team's back with the words "road games" taped to it, but I don't see it. We'll be fine.

That sounds nice and all...but they need to find a way to win on the road. Nothing we did before this season matters.

Pats on the back and "coulda, shoulda, woulda" is not enough.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:46 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Rat wrote:Are you referring to the Chicago game where they were starting Caleb Hanie? Chicago looks much, much improved since then. They're shutting down a top 5 offense as I type this.

Shame that other teams don't improve.

I can agree that our road troubles might be somewhat overblown, but I don't know how anyone can say they're no big deal and act like they don't exist. If they were no big deal, we wouldn't have three road losses to teams that currently have losing records.
    Last edited by Rat on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 pm
  • Not trying to derail this thread, but everything has been said about the Seahawks performance today. On the other hand, the Jets fans are in meltdown mode on their forums. Some are calling for Rex Ryan's head, others are complaining because Sanchez is awful but Tebow is worse, so they have no choice. Its like; which pile of dog crap do you want to step in? The medium size pile or the large pile.

Jets fans are being a little hard on their offense. Yeah they are pretty bad, but they were up against arguably the best defense in the league today. Even the games we lost, we kept close. Only the Vikings with AP and Niners with Gore, were able to run the ball on us. No one has been able to pass for a ridiculous amount of yards on our secondary. We even held Brady at bay. So, I really hope the Jets weren't thinking Sanchez could beat our secondary.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:55 pm
  • Well done English, and I can get behind drafting a 6'3" speedy, multifaceted WR.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:00 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Rat wrote:Are you referring to the Chicago game where they were starting Caleb Hanie? Chicago looks much, much improved since then. They're shutting down a top 5 offense as I type this.

That was a helluva game. I remember the promise Okung showed in that game during his rookie year when he manhandled Julius Peppers.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:01 pm
  • Rat wrote:I can agree that our road troubles might be somewhat overblown, but I don't know how anyone can say they're no big deal and act like they don't exist.

Easy: We faced all three division rivals on the road while Wilson was in training-wheels mode, and we allowed only 20, 19, and 13 points in those contests. Much easier wins if we had a developed offense, which we now have. We almost won all three right then.

Let's agree on "somewhat overblown". I'm not saying that our pass rush couldn't improve when we leave the Clink.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:07 pm
  • Good win and fun to watch. :D I know it's the jests but, still. Good way to go into the bye week.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:12 pm
  • Rat wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:This team has won tough road games in Chicago and New York with far less talent than it has now.

Are you referring to the Chicago game where they were starting Caleb Hanie? Chicago looks much, much improved since then. They're shutting down a top 5 offense as I type this.

That "road monkey" is probably coming from the 1-3 road record, 6-14 since Carroll has been here. Hard to say it's not a significant problem.

Yep. That reality gets more out of focus, and understandably so, after another home win.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:27 pm
  • They beat Chicago in 2010 on the road- and that team went to the NFC Championship game. They beat the Giants in 2011, and they won the SB. I'm not really worried about this team winning on the road. They play better at home, but not that much better. Luck has been a huge factor in their road games so far this season. Turnovers and drops pretty much tell the whole story. And yet all four of the Seahawks road losses have been very close despite that. So I'm not worried.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:49 pm
  • They just have to learn to finish these games out on the road like they have been doing at home (New England, Green Bay, Minnesota, and now the Jets). Instead of losing the game in the 4th like they have on the road, they need to start playing a complete 4th quarter. This is two weeks in a row now that they have done that, now let's keep doing it!
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:20 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Really.. this is what I expected to happen. Am I happy we won? Absolutely. But I also realize after the bye week.. we have two very big games that will define the rest of this season.

This.

+1000
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information