I thought this was about the most complete game

The Radish

Reaction score
we've played all season.

Offense and defense played pretty well against one of the best offenses #4.

Granted our defense gave up some points, but for a play here or there and its a different game.

Offenses best game of the season as far as I'm concerned.

Did I hate the loss? Hell yes, but have to say I'm not surprised. Detroit has been a good team last year and it was only a matter of time till they woke up. We caught a desperate team at home and got beat by 4 points.

Yes a loss, but not that bad of one.

Did you all think we were going to the SB this year?

seanoob

Reaction score
Thanks for putting those thoughts into writing. For me,it's hard to take another loss when so much went right today.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
Couldnt agree more. I think we are 1 season, and 1-2 key components away from being a very very good team. RW is growing. The O-line is coming together. We have a very young defence too. We aint gonna win it all this year, we are about a .500 team at this time, maybe 9-7. This team is going to grow, RW will imrpove, hopefully the young linebackers improve in coverage, same with Irvin too. All in all a gut wrenching loss, but I like what I am seeing from us going forward

kmedic

Reaction score
The offense looked solid today, but I'm not sure how you can say the defense played a complete game today. The lack of pass rush really hampered our ability to cover their passing game. Clem can't do it all by himself. I keep seeing Irvin doing the same outside speed rush every time he lines up. Sherm had horrible coverage on Titus Young on their 2nd TD and Browner should have played inside coverage on Young at the end of the game.

endzorn

Reaction score
That's a sobering thought. If that's the most complete game we can play then this team isn't going to the playoffs. The Lions had a shell of a back seven on defense and other teams with far less talent have found ways to get their offense off the field on third down.

kearly

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think we have a losing record this year when Lynch is over 100. Weird season.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I can't feel like it's a complete game because the defense had a stinker.

People keep touting that Detroit had the 4th ranked offense. That was only in yards, with 404, and they had 415. So, take your average, and they went over it, which means defense didn't do their job.

Detroit was actually ranked 19th in points scoring, at 21.8 points a game, which they also eclipsed. They were 2nd to last in the league in red zone efficiency, at 30%, and today they were 100%. They were really poor at 3rd down efficiency (I forget ranking, but it was poor), and they were 75% today.

I don't know how you can give up 3/3 in the red zone for TDs, and give up 75% 3rd down conversions and call that side of the ball complete, unless that's what you expect out of our defense. If that's the expectation, then I wouldn't even be talking about playoffs, since those are near, if not the bottom of the league.

Lynch has four 100 yard games, per the graphic during the game. SF, Detroit, and AZ were all losses....which other game did he go for over 100 ?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawks46":2glm3kdg said:
I can't feel like it's a complete game because the defense had a stinker.

People keep touting that Detroit had the 4th ranked offense. That was only in yards, with 404, and they had 415. So, take your average, and they went over it, which means defense didn't do their job.

Detroit was actually ranked 19th in points scoring, at 21.8 points a game, which they also eclipsed. They were 2nd to last in the league in red zone efficiency, at 30%, and today they were 100%. They were really poor at 3rd down efficiency (I forget ranking, but it was poor), and they were 75% today.

I don't know how you can give up 3/3 in the red zone for TDs, and give up 75% 3rd down conversions and call that side of the ball complete, unless that's what you expect out of our defense. If that's the expectation, then I wouldn't even be talking about playoffs, since those are near, if not the bottom of the league.

Lynch has four 100 yard games, per the graphic during the game. SF, Detroit, and AZ were all losses....which other game did he go for over 100 ?

Dallas.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Oh Radish. You are too funny.

Just because the Lions are #4 in yards doesn't mean they are the 4th best O in the league. The Lions have been down a lot this season, which means they have had to play catchup. Most of their yards and points have come during garbage time when the game is practically out of reach.

The Lions are #17 in points, which is a better measurement of success. The Lions offense has looked pretty pathetic-- especially if you compare them to last year's team.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
I agree though, your offense looked good. Did enough to win in my opinion

Seeker

Reaction score
The Radish":1zg5s717 said:
we've played all season.

Offense and defense played pretty well against one of the best offenses #4.

eeeehhhh

Granted our defense gave up some points, but for a play here or there and its a different game.
we gave up almost 30 points on defense, some of those lion scoring drives were way back in their own territory. this was not a good defensive game.

Offenses best game of the season as far as I'm concerned.
very very good point. i was actually more confident in the offense getting that drive than the defense holding it after.

Did I hate the loss? Hell yes, but have to say I'm not surprised. Detroit has been a good team last year and it was only a matter of time till they woke up. We caught a desperate team at home and got beat by 4 points.

ehhh idk about this one. This wasn't the carolina panthers. This was a team that was already falling apart mentally and then suffered key losses which greatly hindered its ability to play properly. this was a game we should have taken advantage of. Remember how we prayed the hernandez wouldn't make it on that plane? bureleson (a key number 2) didn't make it.

they had no running game.

Richard Sherman kept his word and shut down megatron. can't deny that. and marshawn lych ran for 100 yards including a 70+ yarder. this is the second game in which marshawn took the game over and the team still lost it for him. and you can feel him checking out.

Yes a loss, but not that bad of one.
blowing two leads to a team your supposed to beat is pretty bad.

Did you all think we were going to the SB this year?
no but we expected to not be 7-9/ 8-8 again.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score

This comment really tickles me.

Who said we should beat them,,,,you? Vegas wouldn't agree with you they had Lions by 2 1/2.

You are not the know all/see all in the nfl methinks. You seem mostly full of yourself.

I do agree I did misspeak a bit. I should have said this seemed like the most BALANCED game I've seen so far.

:les:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Despite this rediculous 3rd down problem we have, I am not nearly as concerned with the D as I have been the O. The O took it to another level today and I think that takes us a step closer to being complete.

Seeker

Reaction score
The Radish":3vhvaory said:

This comment really tickles me.

Who said we should beat them,,,,you? Vegas wouldn't agree with you they had Lions by 2 1/2.

Since we are bringing vegas into things lets use a little bit of vegas wizdom.
the home team is usually always granted three points.
at the very least we should have been a three point underdog. being a two and a half point underdog in a game at home does not mean your supposed to win it. it means "we are giving you the benifit of the doubt being at home and any given sunday but this other team is only at a disadvantage being on the road".

You are not the know all/see all in the nfl methinks. You seem mostly full of yourself.

I never remember saying I was the know all/ see all in the NFL. I don't remember even elluding to it. Saying "we lost a game we should have won" isn't me basing anything off of magical crystals and black magic. its looking at the records, looking at the teams state of injury and looking at how that team is built and seeing some serious opportunities for exploiting their weaknesses. how that makes me a target for you to call me names much less that one is beyond me. How you gonna call me full of myself when your the guy who bans people for disagreeing with you?

I do agree I did misspeak a bit. I should have said this seemed like the most BALANCED game I've seen so far.

there were many plays in this game that showed a much more balanced offense (which is all anyone ever really wanted). many of these plays that worked today were the same or similar plays that failed in san fran which shows that the play calling is improving and the failures in the bay where just one offs. i am feeling much better about this offense.

:les:[/quote]

Latest posts