This season feels...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
This season feels...
Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:42 pm

sleepy.

It's the sleepiest 4-3 start I can ever remember. Which is even stranger since six of those seven games came down to the wire. We have a legit playoff caliber team that is definitely in the playoff race. I feel pretty confident about being in the playoff hunt in the final week of the season. And yet, there are no butterflies in the stomach this year before Seahawks games. No nerves. And losses don't hurt that much, even though losses hurt way more in winning seasons. It's weird.

Maybe it's just me.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Re: This season feels...
Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:46 pm
  • Losses still hurt, hit me just as hard as ever but I notice I'm getting over them much faster.
    Last edited by bellingerga on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:46 pm
  • It may not be just you, but it's certainly not me. This is the first year I have ever felt sick to my stomach before kickoff. I get way to worked up when things to wrong and way to excited when things go right. I get the worst butterflies right before kickoff.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:49 pm
  • I definitely cant say the same thing. Has been the most nerve wrecking season in a long time for me, mostly b/c the games come down to the wire.
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:50 pm
  • I think you're crazy. I've had heart palpitations every game we've been in! I feel confident until we fail to make the comeback, but the nerves (for me) are even greater because we've been in every single game.
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Starter

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:59 pm
  • The losses dont hurt as much, because your superior ability to analyze a game. So you understand what went wrong in the loss. You can boil it down to a blown assignment, or a QB missing a wide-open WR, or switching to zone coverage. Instead of screaming WTF!!! Savages used to be scared and respectful of the sun, until science came along and explained it. Very similar.

Also, there's the knowledge that despite what happens on Sundays, this team's a timebomb who'll eventually slay their opponents, at will. Unlike Seahawks teams of the past, where it's a question of "if"...this team's dominance is only a question of "when".
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:10 pm
  • I think it's due to the sleepy offense a little. Just think, the most exciting aspect of football (passing offense) is what we are worst at. We also make other teams passing offenses very bad, without getting many INT's. Makes our game's pretty boring.

I like them though.
    Last edited by hawksfan515 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:40 pm
  • kearly wrote:...

sleepy.

It's the sleepiest 4-3 start I can ever remember. Which is even stranger since six of those seven games came down to the wire. We have a legit playoff caliber team that is definitely in the playoff race. I feel pretty confident about being in the playoff hunt in the final week of the season. And yet, there are no butterflies in the stomach this year before Seahawks games. No nerves. And losses don't hurt that much, even though losses hurt way more in winning seasons. It's weird.

Maybe it's just me.

Maybe it's just the lull from having to wait 10 days between games. Bye weeks always feel a little sleepy. Or maybe you're just getting older and losing your testoterone.

Let's see if you still feel this way after this next game.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• lukerguy wrote:It may not be just you, but it's certainly not me. This is the first year I have ever felt sick to my stomach before kickoff. I get way to worked up when things to wrong and way to excited when things go right. I get the worst butterflies right before kickoff.

At the Clink, I am quite calm, but watching on TV is nerve racking. I just record the game and watch it after it is over......if it is worth watching.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Take a nap, Kip. You sound overworked.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:50 pm
  • I feel the same way as Kearly - there have certainly been highs and lows but frankly I seem to feel that the first 13 games are basically a formality to shape the play-off scenario.

Maybe I shouldn't be so confident but I honestly feel that this team is as good as the 2005 team in many ways and will be better than that team next year.

Last year reminded me of 2002 Seahawk team that saw us finish 7-9 but finish the last 6 games with the league's best offense.

This year feels like 2003 where we finished 10-6, made the play-offs, got the ball but didn't score.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:30 pm
  • I can't get too terribly anxious or down, because the Hawks are competitive despite the 'other side of the ball' still being under development. The Niner game affected me a bit more because of the many meanings attached to it. Think of how significant that game will be in C-Link if we are still in the race by then.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:46 pm
  • This season feels.....like maybe we are wasting it by not playing Flynn? :stirthepot:
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:53 pm
  • I agree. To me our best football and legitimate contender chances are a few years away. I'm enjoying watching the defense and hoping like heck that Wilson evolves, but my expectations aren't such that a single win or loss will dictate how I feel about this squad. Talk to me in a couple years.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:19 pm
  • The losses to Cards and Rams really really hurt
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Location: Victoria BC or my Galactic Stonghold on Nar Shaddaa

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:31 pm
  • rainger wrote:The losses to Cards and Rams really really hurt

The wins over the Packers and Patriots are really really awesome.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:43 pm
  • This team gives me the (awesome) feeling that we could finally have a franchise capable of getting hot at the end of a season and go on a surprise championship run ala NYG in 2007. For so long it's felt like we inevitably get weaker as the season goes on and a playoff berth with end road playoff loss. Now it feels like if we get hot in December anything is really possible given the strong defensive play.

I have to say I'm as excited as ever to watch the Seahawks this year, but I'm expecting them to get things going and see the offense start executing more as they have had more reps.
    Danimal
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:54 pm
  • This Detroit game is the first game that I'm not hyper-nervous about. All the others ... pacing, high blood pressure, swearing ... and totally exhausted by the end of the game.
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:22 pm
  • I trust in the talent of this defense. That's why it's been a little slower. I don't worry about them giving up 40 points. I know we're going to be in the game in the 4th quarter.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:23 pm
  • Were overlooking these guys I over looked 49ers thought they were gonna get out manned by significant unfavorable matchups for them
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:47 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Savages used to be scared and respectful of the sun, until science came along and explained it. Very similar.

Also, there's the knowledge that despite what happens on Sundays, this team's a timebomb who'll eventually slay their opponents, at will. Unlike Seahawks teams of the past, where it's a question of "if"...this team's dominance is only a question of "when".

Great post. And that first line is signature material. Well said.

hawksfan515 wrote:I think it's due to the sleepy offense a little. Just think, the most exciting aspect of football (passing offense) is what we are worst at. We also make other teams passing offenses very bad, without getting many INT's. Makes our game's pretty boring.

That's a good theory.

My theory is that we've played 7 games, and 6 of them have been very close. That's a lot of stressful football. High stress over a long period of time tends to break people's spirits a bit. I think my "sleepy" feeling right now is a sub-conscious defense mechanism to counter all the stressful football we've seen this year.

MontanaHawk05 wrote:Take a nap, Kip. You sound overworked.

Maybe.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:51 am
  • Something tells me that you'll be feeling a little differently come 10:10am tomorrow haha

I know what you mean kearly. I feel the same way right now...

In years prior the entire week before a game would be filled with nervous anticipation. First, can the Hawks win? Can they really do it? Then, I'd somehow convince myself against all logic that the Seahawks DID have a chance to win. Finally, the inevitable awful feeling of letdown and disappointment that carried over in to the next week. A very vicious cycle that I'm sure many here have endured throughout the years. Pehawk is spot on with his observation in my opinion, great stuff Pe.

This feels different. I go in to each game knowing that if the Hawks play their game they will win. When they fail to execute and don't win, it's easy for me to think of the positives along with the negatives. I know this team is going somewhere great in the near future, so I'm able to see the longterm gain even in defeat. I am unfazed by defeat, because I know it will make victory taste so sweet. And it already has this season! Remember the amazing moments like the 4th quarter of the Pats game and remember how you felt in that very moment. Pure jubilation and ecstacy, at least for me. That game is similar to watching Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock. Once in a lifetime shit for a Seahawks fan that probably will never happen again. We gotta enjoy it! That's what it's about... enjoying the ride.

Don't worry kearly, you are an excellent fan and you'll be back to yourself in no time. You were probably just like me and had real hope that the Hawks could beat the 49ers and prove themselves to be one of the best teams in the league, end of discussion. You've been high (like me right now) on Russell Wilson and this entire team since last season ended, while some were predicting a 2-5 start for this season. I think you probably expected more from this team, as crazy as that sounds, like I did as well. Something tells me that this team has what it takes and will kick their game up another notch and in to high gear down the stretch.

It's time for this sleeping giant to wake up!
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:31 am
  • skater18000 wrote:Were overlooking these guys I over looked 49ers thought they were gonna get out manned by significant unfavorable matchups for them

I think a lot of people are overlooking the lions. Their front 4 is very good on defense. Cutler ran for 34 yards on them so i think Russell has the capability to definitely take advantage of their aggressiveness and make them pay for the upfield aggressiveness. Marshawn is going to need a big game though really big. This besides the 49ers game will be the biggest test up front for our O line especially the interior.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information