After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Does not have a single touchdown catch. That's just crazy.

He's been open for a few and the QB didn't see him, and gotten close a few other times. Miller is solid, and I wish we used him more. I'd like to see him have a huge game this Sunday.

I'm beyond unimpressed with McCoy and Moore, although Moore hasn't had many looks. Where the heck has McCoy been since his TD catch against the Cowpukes?? TE - along with WR - needs serious attention this off-season.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• I loved when we signed Miller and am PISSED that we are not using him as we should.

I hope he doesn't fall prey to the Law of Diminished Returns.
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

• That is because he is an offensive lineman now.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Darrell Bevell will not use the TE's like the NE Pats do. That is his style of play and I do not see him making greater use of the TE's in the passing game. BTW...I hope that he proves me wrong this Sunday.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• 2nd most catches on the team behind Rice....oh dear god that is crazy.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• iigakusei wrote:2nd most catches on the team behind Rice....oh dear god that is crazy.

Posting Seahawks receiving stats as some kind of evidence is comical. They suck across the board.

He has 14 catches through 7 games, a whopping average of two per game.

As stated, he is not being utilized correctly.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Bigpumpkin wrote:Darrell Bevell will not use the TE's like the NE Pats do. That is his style of play and I do not see him making greater use of the TE's in the passing game. BTW...I hope that he proves me wrong this Sunday.

not true. Bevell used Shiancoe quite a bit in Minnesota
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Bigpumpkin wrote:Darrell Bevell will not use the TE's like the NE Pats do. That is his style of play and I do not see him making greater use of the TE's in the passing game. BTW...I hope that he proves me wrong this Sunday.

Thats not entirely true , Shaincoe had really solid years while playing for the Vikings under Bevell
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• SeaMeat wrote:I loved when we signed Miller and am PISSED that we are not using him as we should.

The Law of Dimished returns states that in all productive processes, adding more of one factor of production, while holding all others constant, will at some point yield lower per-unit returns. For example, if you have one piece of really good pizza- the 2nd piece won't taste quite as good.

I'm not sure how this fits in with Miller- we haven't had a good piece of pizza yet, because we fail to utilize him as nothing more than a blocker.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• We all knew this would happen. He's a lineman now. If he's on your fantasy team, and I'm assuming that is why you might care about him so much, drop him. He won't he catching a lot of passes anytime soon. If he can block better, I'd be okay with him sticking around. I'd like to see us use more TE routes but until our O line can protect a rookie QB better, he's a blocker. Get used to it
    Omahawk
    NET Veteran

• FargoHawk wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:Darrell Bevell will not use the TE's like the NE Pats do. That is his style of play and I do not see him making greater use of the TE's in the passing game. BTW...I hope that he proves me wrong this Sunday.

not true. Bevell used Shiancoe quite a bit in Minnesota

Shiancoe also didn't have to stay in to block all the time - he had a big-boy offensive line that didn't need the help.

It's a different thing here...
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• I really wish we could have kept Winslow.....he seemed like a perfect compliment to Miller. A long athletic TE that could beat LB's in zone coverage.

Now other teams don't have to respect our TE threat because Miller's in to help block on most offensive plays because Moore and McCoy aren't consistent enough to warrant attention.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• When's the last time we ran a short pass play to the TE from a play action? Holmgren days?
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• He is not utilized correctly. He should be utilized closer to the way Dallas utilize Jason Witten.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• He is the victim of 2 quarterbacks one of whom could not make a second read and one who can't (yet). Hopefully when Russ digests more of the playbook it will improve and hopefully the OLine improves as well. I feel bad for the guy actually.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• Much like Rice, he needs many more targets. I remember maybe one pass thrown his way against SF - although he was kept in to help block most of the time.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• lukerguy wrote:
    SeaMeat wrote:I loved when we signed Miller and am PISSED that we are not using him as we should.

The Law of Dimished returns states that in all productive processes, adding more of one factor of production, while holding all others constant, will at some point yield lower per-unit returns. For example, if you have one piece of really good pizza- the 2nd piece won't taste quite as good.

I'm not sure how this fits in with Miller- we haven't had a good piece of pizza yet, because we fail to utilize him as nothing more than a blocker.

Correct, and as he is used more as a blocking TE his catching abilities will diminish.
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:2nd most catches on the team behind Rice....oh dear god that is crazy.

Posting Seahawks receiving stats as some kind of evidence is comical. They suck across the board.

I was surprised when I looked it up...I would have guessed he was 4th or 5th.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• iigakusei wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:2nd most catches on the team behind Rice....oh dear god that is crazy.

I was surprised when I looked it up...I would have guessed he was 4th or 5th.

He is on pace to catch a few more than last season...still like to see a lot more.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• It's a shame. I think this team has more offensive weapons than ability to use them for whatever reasons at this point.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

• Chip block then let go...requires a quick out by the QB. Maybe a roll out where the TE just holds his block a moment then let's go. Would be nice if we actually ran basic plays to the TE. You know, TE 101 type stuff. Is it too much to ask for from Bevell and Wilson?
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:That is because he is an offensive lineman now.

This is so true it's become comical to me. Why the team ever decided to bring him in just to be a blocking TE is just ridiculous. He is far too valuable to be wasted in this manner.

What this team really needs to do is find an exclusive blocking TE who would be that extra O-Lineman and have Miller be the second TE who runs passing routes predominately.
    There has to be plenty of these type of blocking TE's out there for the team to find. They are not in that much demand.

If we can't find one then make Sweazy into a blocking TE for this year to help our right tackle. Is that so hard to figure out for Cable and PC?
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:That is because he is an offensive lineman now.

This is so true it's become comical to me. Why the team ever decided to bring him in just to be a blocking TE is just ridiculous. He is far too valuable to be wasted in this manner.

What this team really needs to do is find an exclusive blocking TE who would be that extra O-Lineman and have Miller be the second TE who runs passing routes predominately.
    There has to be plenty of these type of blocking TE's out there for the team to find. They are not in that much demand.

If we can't find one then make Sweazy into a blocking TE for this year to help our right tackle. Is that so hard to figure out for Cable and PC?

Exactly. he was a pro bowl pass catching TE, and here he is just a body on the line. This is a huge problem I have with people that say our O-Line is ok or even good. They ARE NOT.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• SeaMeat wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:
    SeaMeat wrote:I loved when we signed Miller and am PISSED that we are not using him as we should.

Correct, and as he is used more as a blocking TE his catching abilities will diminish.

i'm not so sure his catching abilities would diminish(you know, the once you learn to ride a bicycle syndome). mayge his opportunities.... but that will evolve. :179422:
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• We only pass in the low 20's in an entire game. Divide it up over 5-6 and a 50% completion rate and 2-3 is all that can be expected. Miller is a really valuable player blocks and catches well. He is not utilized enough , nor is Rice.

Until they decide to pass more ( which i don't see happening soon)that will continue to be the case
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• With Baldwin down for the count I think we may see an increased amount of plays that actually involve our TE's in the game. Wilson is going to need all the help he can get.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• They will have to let him go next year. There is no way to justify his salary at that level of production, crappy scheme or not.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:. This is a huge problem I have with people that say our O-Line is ok or even good. They ARE NOT.

They are a good RUN blocking O-Line, and the stats prove that. But I can't understand why that doesn't equate to at least a decent pass blocking line.......especially for a unit that's now been together a year, so the communication should be good.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• It's been well-documented that Zach Miller's run-blocking is a big part of the line's success. That's a big part of what Pete is paying him for.

We naturally disagree because Miller is eligible to catch passes and we're looking in every nook and cranny to find ways to boost the passing game, but hey, Pete has built the entire offense around the run game. Take it up with him.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Bump...a positive!
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information