Wilson just came of age, people.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Wilson just came of age, people.
Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Re: Wilson just came of age, people.
Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:20 pm
  • A young legend has just been born!!!!!!!!!!! :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:21 pm
  • If Flynn was in we would have won by 30 obviously :sarcasm_off:
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:27 pm
  • heck of a way to come back and win. He did great!
    hawkmanj
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:31 pm
  • NOOOOOOOO!!!!, HE'S TOOO SHOOOOOOOOOORT!!!!!!, I HAVE PROOF!, just ask Bestfight :16:
    Last edited by scutterhawk on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:31 pm
  • 16/27-293-3-0

The kid is improving.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
    FearTheBeak
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:33 pm
  • RW is magical
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:45 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:RW is magical

Bouncey bouncey bouncey bouncey bouncey :3:
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:48 pm
  • And that's exactly what was missing last season - pulling out wins in a close one. Finding a way to win tight games. Jackson couldn't get out of his own way (remember 4th down and throwing it away vs San Fran?). Wilson now has two game winning TD scores, he's won three close games and one beat down.

Oh, and he's also matched Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo and Cam Newton in those games.

Yet I guarantee there's people on this board tonight not enjoying this win as much as they should because they've spent weeks arguing Matt Flynn is a better quarterback based on one game against a crappy Detroit secondary with the Packers offense.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:49 pm
  • Awesome team win today. RW played great. Offense is progressing well. 12th Man was out of control. Tom Brady has NEVER thrown more passes in a game than he did today. I don't know exactly what that means but it means something. Thursday's gonna be huge.

LET'S GOOOOO SEAAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:53 pm
  • Wilson out Bradied Brady....HahahahahahHHA
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:54 pm
  • Was it a 4th down throw? I thought it was 3rd down? Not that it diminishes his performance. He was great and I still have a problem with the fumble. Looked like the BS tuck rule should have been in effect. Great job young man! I look forward to your continued development and thanks for proving me (somewhat) wrong about your ability to win at this level. You da man!
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:05 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:Wilson just came of age, people.

Are you kidding me? Hey, I'm as happy as anyone that RW is in and Flynn is not, because I think he flat-out won the competition. And I certainly agree the kid is really coming on.

But, "came of age"? You must have conveniently forgotten some of his rookie mistakes. Bad throws, running backwards, you saw 'em. Does that make him bad? No, just means he's still a rookie who has a ways to go before he's solid.
    Terry
    (The Lurker)
    tdlabrie
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:13 pm
  • tdlabrie wrote:
    Lords of Scythia wrote:Wilson just came of age, people.

Are you kidding me? Hey, I'm as happy as anyone that RW is in and Flynn is not, because I think he flat-out won the competition. And I certainly agree the kid is really coming on.

But, "came of age"? You must have conveniently forgotten some of his rookie mistakes. Bad throws, running backwards, you saw 'em. Does that make him bad? No, just means he's still a rookie who has a ways to go before he's solid.

I think you're kind of both right. He is coming of age but it's a process. He's quite far along for 6 games but he still does rookie stuff. But, he has that "something" that the great ones have and he learns very, very quickly no doubt because he works very, very hard at it.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:13 pm
  • Tom Brady had some poor passes as well, bad enough to end up with the other team. The pick that ET should of had would of been the most damaging.

I think every mistake Wilson makes is overblown. Those long balls today were strikes.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:16 pm
  • tdlabrie wrote:

Not sure rookies have a monopoly on "bad throws" in this league, Brady, arguably the best QB ever, made a few today as well. In fact, Brady's worst were much worse than the rooks. The "running backwards" thing? I don't want to appear argumentive but I have a feeling we'll be seeing that from Wilson long after he's no longer a rook. I'm gonna' do my best to get used to it and have to assume Pete understood this was part of the package when he drafted him. Today is a great day for Seahawk fans...on many different levels.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:20 pm
  • Can we finally stop trying to muzzle Russell Wilson? Just let him play the game cause he's got what it takes.

:les:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:21 pm
  • WILSON HAS "IT"!!!
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:05 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:And that's exactly what was missing last season - pulling out wins in a close one. Finding a way to win tight games. Jackson couldn't get out of his own way (remember 4th down and throwing it away vs San Fran?). Wilson now has two game winning TD scores, he's won three close games and one beat down.

Oh, and he's also matched Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo and Cam Newton in those games.

Yet I guarantee there's people on this board tonight not enjoying this win as much as they should because they've spent weeks arguing Matt Flynn is a better quarterback based on one game against a crappy Detroit secondary with the Packers offense.

Yeah Jackson was a clutch-time crap-out. Wilson is shaping up to be the opposite. He's growing a little every game - it doesn't have to be spectacular progress, just keep getting better.
    WAS CARROL DISSED IN NFL.COM POWER RANKINGS?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/07/16/ ... -rankings/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:44 am
  • HawkWow wrote:
    tdlabrie wrote:

Not sure rookies have a monopoly on "bad throws" in this league, Brady, arguably the best QB ever, made a few today as well. In fact, Brady's worst were much worse than the rooks. The "running backwards" thing? I don't want to appear argumentive but I have a feeling we'll be seeing that from Wilson long after he's no longer a rook. I'm gonna' do my best to get used to it and have to assume Pete understood this was part of the package when he drafted him. Today is a great day for Seahawk fans...on many different levels.

Sometimes it's going to be spectacular. Sometimes it's going to be face-palm worthy. But it's always going to be fun.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:46 am
  • HawkWow wrote:Was it a 4th down throw? I thought it was 3rd down? Not that it diminishes his performance. He was great and I still have a problem with the fumble. Looked like the BS tuck rule should have been in effect. Great job young man! I look forward to your continued development and thanks for proving me (somewhat) wrong about your ability to win at this level. You da man!

The TD to Braylon was 4th down. Not sure if the OP was talking about that one or not.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:51 am
  • Russell Wilson already has equaled or surpassed touchdown passes and 4th quarter wins by Scott Zolak in his entire eight-year career.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * Natural Rubbing Action *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:56 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Russell Wilson already has equaled or surpassed touchdown passes and 4th quarter wins by Scott Zolak in his entire eight-year career.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321014026
    Russell Wilson became the first rookie since the NFL merger to throw two game-winning TD passes in the last two minutes of a game in one season. He also became just the fifth QB to do it in the last four seasons. Here's the list:

Year Player, Team
    2012 Russell Wilson, Seahawks
    2011 Matthew Stafford, Lions
    2010 Drew Brees, Saints
    2009 Kyle Orton, Broncos
    2009 Carson Palmer, Bengals
    -- Elias Sports Bureau

(Though I thought it funny...it would have to be the same season, otherwise he would no longer be a rookie...)
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:01 pm
  • ROY for RW, if he keeps on improving! When he leads the Seahawks to a victory over SF, ROY talk shoud start. Luck and RG-III, Tannehill are good, but Wilson, with his continued improvement and end of game heroics, RW could very well have a much better season. We still haven't seen even close to RW's best.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:27 pm
  • I would change "came" with "coming".........as in fantastic step in his development, but he's not there yet. The word "came" denotes that he's arrived.

Consistency is needed over a long period of time. Again, awesome step in Wilson's development, but he needs to follow it up with more consistent games like yesterday.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:30 pm
  • CamanoIslandJQ wrote:ROY for RW, if he keeps on improving! When he leads the Seahawks to a victory over SF, ROY talk shoud start. Luck and RG-III, Tannehill are good, but Wilson, with his continued improvement and end of game heroics, RW could very well have a much better season. We still haven't seen even close to RW's best.

Not a chance. the media has already decided its going to be that guy from the Redskins.

It won't matter if is twice the player and gets the team to the SB. In that scenerio he would be considered in the top 10 of the east coast media. Other than that he will be a non issue.

The west coast media is still smarting over #37 being Most Valuable Player of the year and aren't going to let something like that happen for more years than it has been.

:roll:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information