Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Do you have fun watching the Seahawks?
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
You know you're one of my favorite posters here Doc. But damn man, I'm pretty sure you're my age (just turned 56) so PLEASE don't say you think we'll never see a Super Bowl win for the Hawks. It's like a knife to the heart to see something like that. In my opinion, if we accept mediocrity, we are doomed to it for the rest of our time as fans of the team (which means the rest of our lives LOL).

Yep, I turn 58 in march. Don't worry about my prophecy, I get the feeling I may only have < 10 yrs left, so long as you live the good life and don't take those corners too fast I think you can count on seeing us make the promised land. I just want all you jokers still breathing to give your fallen brothers a salute as you go crazy. Hee hee ...

I know. I am melodramatic. :thirishdrinkers:

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 am 
NET Pro Bowler

drdiags wrote:
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
You know you're one of my favorite posters here Doc. But damn man, I'm pretty sure you're my age (just turned 56) so PLEASE don't say you think we'll never see a Super Bowl win for the Hawks. It's like a knife to the heart to see something like that. In my opinion, if we accept mediocrity, we are doomed to it for the rest of our time as fans of the team (which means the rest of our lives LOL).

Yep, I turn 58 in march. Don't worry about my prophecy, I get the feeling I may only have < 10 yrs left, so long as you live the good life and don't take those corners too fast I think you can count on seeing us make the promised land. I just want all you jokers still breathing to give your fallen brothers a salute as you go crazy. Hee hee ...

I know. I am melodramatic. :thirishdrinkers:

Hope you're wrong about the <10 years left my friend. But if not, you can absolutely count on many salutes (and an extra cold one) from me. :thirishdrinkers:
And I am careful in those corners. It's the dumbasses on 4 wheels and even more so, the deer and elk you might be concerned for me about.

To the barren lands

Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 am 
NET Veteran

You guys must have not been watching the Hawks the past few years because that's been a shit show.

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:24 pm 
NET Veteran

Can make you crazy at times but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:21 pm 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *

There is nothing that could possibly happen that would have the ability to pull me away from watching the Seahawks game. Save for aliens landing in my front lawn maybe, Seahawks football games have ultimate power in my life, and everyone that knows me is aware of that fact.

Since that first game in '76 I've seen nearly every game that has been broadcast. The only exception being a string of 4 games during the Tom Flores regime when I was out of the country. Even then I was able to watch them on tape. When I moved to Texas I got Sunday Ticket right away to keep the string going.

So, yes. I enjoy watching the Seahawks very much. It hasn't gone very well on numerous occasions, obviously, but it makes the good stuff that much better to see happen.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

I LOVE watching the Hawks. I probably watch every game several times.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:20 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

I do but it's frustrating.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:18 pm 
NET Rookie

Well, what I particularly disliked about the Rams game in particular from a "fun" perspective was how after the first admirable drive or two that got us all thinking we were in for a relatively easy W, the way it quite suddenly went downhill after that, as if the Rams' D had just discovered and memorized our playbook. Yes, football games are played all four quarters, but talking about "fun watching" here, well, it wasn't "fun" having Porsche-like expectations of the offense after that beautiful first drive only to be given the problematic rickety Ford Pinto show for a large part of the rest of the game.

In general, though, I still have fun watching them because I keep reminding myself that these guys are awfully young right now and hold a heck of a lot of promise -- that we could well be watching them grow and evolve to eventually become a 12+ win team. And I still have fun witnessing the occasional big play.

The occasional ugly bumps are still to be expected, but they should soon reduce in frequency. But for this to really happen, it is critical that coaching and play-calling grow increasingly shrewd and intense. Now that our coaches and coordinators have decent talent at their disposal, they should begin approaching games more like chess matches and not simply rely on mastering alignments, routes, and plays, and getting everyone comfortable with timing and trusting everyone else.

The best talent in the world won't win many games without shrewd and intense coaching and play-calling.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:28 pm 
NET Veteran

Preseason yes, regular season no.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:13 pm 
NET Veteran

Yes. How the hell couldn't you?! It's the Seahawks! I mean I might get pissed and throw things in the general vicinity of the TV sometimes or be grumpy the rest of the day but Seahawks Sunday is always gonna be fun! It means friends, family, and FOOD. Whats better than sitting down at a random place to watch a game and meeting some new people and cheering for the hawks!

Yeah I can I be stressed out during a game, but to me that's the fun of it! Maybe it's like watching horror movies for some people... (Did not mean for it to come out like that!) I just find it kinda bizarre people wouldn't have fun. I mean I look forward to Sundays and pay attention to hawks more than pretty much anyone I know except probably some of you .netters, and I sure as hell have fun watching.

What fun would it be with out fun?!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:13 pm 
NET Veteran

Our two road games have been pretty stressful this year. Playing from behind and not looking particularly good in the passing game will do that, especially against division rivals.

If you didn't have fun at the home games I don't know what to tell you. Both have been fantastic, even with the confusion at the end of the Green Bay game.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:57 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

I love watching the Seahawks play! Sure it's stressful but nothing is better than watching them play well and win! Sets the tone for a great week! Let's hope they can win a lot of games over the course of this season and the next few so we can have lots of great weeks in the future!!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:53 pm 
* Handsome *

Watching Seahawks is my utmost important hobby. We have family over to the house with all the fixins or go to the CLink and enjoy a weekend in the city. Its my thing. Its tradition.

I get all messed up on liquor and tell everyone how much i hate them or love them depending on the outcome of the game.

It is fun for them.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:05 pm 
NET Veteran

Hawk Strap wrote:
Watching Seahawks is my utmost important hobby. We have family over to the house with all the fixins or go to the CLink and enjoy a weekend in the city. Its my thing. Its tradition.

I get all messed up on liquor and tell everyone how much i hate them or love them depending on the outcome of the game.

It is fun for them.

You hit the nail on the head.

ITS TRADITION.

GO HAWKS!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:53 pm 
NET Veteran

I have more fun watching the 3 hawks teams Pete has created then the ones Holmgren created.... minus the superbowl team and maybe the 04 team. That team caused me more stress then any other. Talk about talent that had no results.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:57 pm 
* NET Radish *

Nothing more fun this time of year, not even NCIS LA.

Do I hate to lose? yes but love watching them play the game.

:les:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:59 pm 
NET Starter

I watched every game of the 09 hawks where the entire team quit. They were possibly the worst run defense I have ever seen. I still was excited to watch that team just to see if one week they would show some heart and pride..... In the end Chris Johnson broke some rushing record vs us.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]