POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

Who would you start at QB vs Dallas?

Russell Wilson
88%
Matt Flynn
9%
Josh Portis (added for PeHawks satisfaction).
3%

Total votes : 130

POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:24 am
  • I am starting Wilson but i've seen some of the board start to turn on him a little bit.

Its fair to wonder what Flynn could do. I'm just curious to see what .NET feels about the situation.

I'm thinking Russell is smart enough to fix his mistakes (albeit he is a rookie) and come out looking even better next weekend. Maybe the rest of the team helps him out a little on offense too...
    Last edited by Hawksfanatik on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

• Anybody that votes for Flynn does not have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind, either in the short term or long term. Teams do not make changes at the quarterback AFTER ONE GAME.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• No Portis option?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:No Portis option?

Edited to make you happy, sir. :mrgreen:
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

• Ask what OC you want you will get a better representation. RW could only do what his OC game plan gave him. He did not block, he did not drop the passes. He did not allow Kolb to look like a Franchise QB.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• Wilson is a rookie and if you decide to start a rookie, like we have, then you can't yank him just when the maturation process starts. We have to get through his learning curve. If you have this poll because of yesterday then the whole damn team needs to be polled because Wilson was not nearly the main reason we lost. Hey I'm a Flynn guy and I see that.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I also was/am a Flynn guy, but I'm totally all in for Wilson. He played a good game out there, not great but good none the less. He drove us down the field and gave us a chance to win. To say that switching the QB now is a good idea, is just silly.
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Anybody that votes for Flynn does not have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind, either in the short term or long term. Teams do not make changes at the quarterback AFTER ONE GAME.

There's something about this that I don't like. I voted for RW, but I don't think anyone who doesn't is against the team. I think it would hurt RW's development to take him out. But I think the team (and I'm going on the last sentence of your remark here) overall, sometimes benefits from change. And I know most camps would sacrifice one for the good of many. I still agree that we have to let RW play it out.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

• Wilson all the way, i'm in with him for the entire year. Nothing I saw yesterday gave me pause as to who I think we should start. I'm still excited for the rest of the year and especially for next game when Dallas gets to come to our house!

1-1 here we come!
    Davehawk
    NET Rookie

• I'm sorry, but with that O Line I don't think Flynn would have done any better...probably even worse.
    The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

• RW looked like a rookie with promise playing his first NFL start. I think we were all a bit too caught up in the RW lovefest during the preaseason. We set ourselves up. Reality has arrived and reality dictates that most rookies will struggle their first year. No need to bench the kid yet. How fantastic did the precious Andrew Luck look yesterday? If memories serves, not all that great. Yet I doubt Colts fans are considering benching him.

I forgot how fun Knee-Jerk Mondays were during the NFL season.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• KARAVARUS wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Anybody that votes for Flynn does not have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind, either in the short term or long term. Teams do not make changes at the quarterback AFTER ONE GAME.

There's something about this that I don't like. I voted for RW, but I don't think anyone who doesn't is against the team. I think it would hurt RW's development to take him out. But I think the team (and I'm going on the last sentence of your remark here) overall, sometimes benefits from change. And I know most camps would sacrifice one for the good of many. I still agree that we have to let RW play it out.

Not "against the team" but "doesn't have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind," whether intentionally or not. It's a bad, bad decision to pull him after one game. So bad it shouldn't even be a point of discussion. And pulling him in a knee-jerk reaction like that would certainly be to the detriment of the organization and to Wilson in both long and short run. Kind of like over-correcting a car. You certainly aren't against your own safety, but what you're doing is certainly not in your best interest.

12thMode wrote:I'm sorry, but with that O Line I don't think Flynn would have done any better...probably even worse.

Wilson's agility and mobility saved a number of sacks, and the sacks he took were ones where he was given about one second in the crumbling pocket. He also scrambled a number of times and salvaged a couple of yards from an almost-sack. Flynn doesn't have half that mobility. It would be an almost-guarantee Flynn would have done far worse in the pocket, at least where sacks are concerned.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I voted Wilson without reservation. Give him (and the team) a chance for redemption at home.

BUT

If we lose again, AND Wilson looks like a high upside rookie at the start of his learning curve with poor ball placement again....

THEN

I will definitely lobby for Flynn to start vs Green Bay on Monday Night Football.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    KARAVARUS wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Anybody that votes for Flynn does not have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind, either in the short term or long term. Teams do not make changes at the quarterback AFTER ONE GAME.

Not "against the team" but "doesn't have the best interest of the Seahawks in mind," whether intentionally or not. It's a bad, bad decision to pull him after one game. So bad it shouldn't even be a point of discussion. And pulling him in a knee-jerk reaction like that would certainly be to the detriment of the organization and to Wilson in both long and short run. Kind of like over-correcting a car. You certainly aren't against your own safety, but what you're doing is certainly not in your best interest.

12thMode wrote:I'm sorry, but with that O Line I don't think Flynn would have done any better...probably even worse.

Wilson's agility and mobility saved a number of sacks, and the sacks he took were ones where he was given about one second in the crumbling pocket. He also scrambled a number of times and salvaged a couple of yards from an almost-sack. Flynn doesn't have half that mobility. It would be an almost-guarantee Flynn would have done far worse in the pocket, at least where sacks are concerned.

The counterpoint here is Flynn has more experience in the NFL and would have been more adept/enabled to go to audibles/hot reads and burn AZ for their blitzes. I don't think AZ would have been as aggressive with their scheme.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Wilson, you cannot turn back now unless you're absolutely sure that its okay to risk the future of Wilson for Flynn and you're sure Flynn can play better then do you.

But changing QB's just for the sake of changing QB's I can't get behind it.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• bestfightstory wrote:I voted Wilson without reservation. Give him (and the team) a chance for redemption at home.

BUT

If we lose again, AND Wilson looks like a high upside rookie at the start of his learning curve with poor ball placement again....

THEN

I will definitely lobby for Flynn to start vs Green Bay on Monday Night Football.

Think of how upset Flynn is going to be watching the Pack roll into Seattle for a MNF, and chillin' here on the bench.
    That is not going to be a fun night for him when he thinks "why the hell did I sign in Seattle again"?

I mean, Russell deserved the job.. just sayin'.
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

• Sailor - I don't think I made my point very well. I wasn't even speaking of OUR situatuon per-say. I just mean in general. But speaking to that point, since that is what we're talking about. IF the call was made to switch to Flynn, (which I agree, would be ridiculous at this juncture) I don't think it hurts the team as much as it hurts Wilson and his progress. Keep in mind, my personal opinion is to stick with RW for the entire season, barring injury. I just feel like we can't put absolutes on things like that. It is, afterall, an opinio--if one believes Flynn would be a better choice for week 2.

So with that said, I was just trying to say that if you're of the opinion that Flynn would be better now, I don't feel like it's because they don't have the best interest of the team in mind. And also, it would mean I am glad they are only an armchair coach, because that would be a terrible decision. ;)
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:RW looked like a rookie with promise playing his first NFL start. I think we were all a bit too caught up in the RW lovefest during the preaseason. We set ourselves up. Reality has arrived and reality dictates that most rookies will struggle their first year. No need to bench the kid yet. How fantastic did the precious Andrew Luck look yesterday? If memories serves, not all that great. Yet I doubt Colts fans are considering benching him.

I forgot how fun Knee-Jerk Mondays were during the NFL season.

:13: I approve this message ...
    I reject your reality and substitute my own
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• I thought Flynn is injured?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Looking for something to do...so I just wanted to see what was the last topic on the last page on this board.

How things have changed in a couple season eh?
    Penman96
    NET Rookie

• Wow, to think I was fully on board with Flynn no matter what. No rookie can rise to the top. Haha. Stupid me.
    captSE
    NET Starter

• We should still start Flynn!

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Holy necrothread Batman!?!
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Portis, yo.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

• To be fair Russ won in a landslide - proving the vast majority of people at seahawks.net know their onions...
    Penman96
    NET Rookie

Re: POLL: Which QB would you start week 2?
Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:13 pm
  • Man I miss my boy Josh P!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:36 pm
  • I'm honored to be a first page poster of this thread, ty, ty.
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

• I just voted for Flynn.. That Wilson kid is too short for an NFL quarteback and will never win the championship.... What a lousy wasted draft pick
    BlueBlood
    NET Starter

• Portis....Portis...Portis....er uh..um...Wilson Wilson Wilson...um uh.....Great idea. I was on board with Flynn too but when the coach says that Wilson is the man, the coach knows a lot more than we do about his actions and progression thru the preseason. All we see is the end results on the field. And after all...he is too short.

:thirishdrinkers: and irish coffee. Not really, just had to say it tho. :P
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• I voted for Charlie Whitehurst.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Wow. Pretty funny/awesome reading this knowing how things turned out lol.

<<<--------
    keatonisballin
    NET Starter

• Ah, good times, those. For the record, I was one of the 100 Russell Wilson supporters, even before game two of the preseason. Yes, I'll toot my own damn horn. I have half a brain, and anyone with half a brain could see the kid had it in spades, from the very beginning.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:31 am
  • I didn't know what to think in the beginning. But the KC game changed that, then when the RRR had Sherman look at the camera away from RW and say "that boy is good" I knew it was right. When it came time I didn't question it at all. Never did I mention Flynn as the starter. Even the first preseason game against Denver. I kind of knew but didn't really believe PC would do it.

RW.. 28-9 in his first two seasons with a SB win. LOL.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I was one who voted for Russ. I was sold after watching him in the preseason game vs. KC. I even posted a thread that got very little response about his play in that game. I was very impressed watching him go through reads and look the Safety off, something you simply do not see out of rookie QBs hardly ever. Hell, you still seldom see it out of Krapperdink after 3 years in the league. Been on board with Russ ever since.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I didn't even think he played bad week 1 2012 against AZ. What a stupid thread lol.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• I was never a Flynn fan. Had no idea or assumption that Wilson would become the player he is. Man, he's special.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information