Flynn DISSED by Jason Smith "Fantasy Analyst"

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
  • And where of the 32 does Flynn rank according to this real man of genius? He's 29th with only Colt McCoy, Matt Moore, and Chad Henne beating out for bottom feeder status.

29) Matt Flynn, Seattle Seahawks: He could be higher on this list, but how am I seriously supposed to gauge a guy with two NFL starts in a four-year career?

You're not supposed to because other than the very obvious guys on the top you really don't seem to know much of what you're talking about Jason!
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

• Of course... This noob probably had Kevin Kolb rated as one of the top 15 QBs last year.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

• Seems pretty fair to me. I dont see a diss in there and i definatly dont see a DISS. He does lack experience, plus the fact that the majority of our TD's are likely to come via the running game. And he probalby wont throw for many 300 yard games with our offense. I suspect he'll be a much better real game quarterback then fantasy quarterback.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• firebee wrote:Of course... This noob probably had Kevin Kolb rated as one of the top 15 QBs last year.

Kolb had 4x as many starts in less years I believe.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Flynn will be on the bottom based on our lack of big name receivers and as stated the perception were more a running team. His two game performance is highlight material but as far as Fantasy not anything that people will want to use as a first round QB for those types of leagues.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:Seems pretty fair to me. I dont see a diss in there and i definatly dont see a DISS. He does lack experience, plus the fact that the majority of our TD's are likely to come via the running game. And he probalby wont throw for many 300 yard games with our offense. I suspect he'll be a much better real game quarterback then fantasy quarterback.

You honestly think he's likely to get beat out by all of these guys as well as the top two thirds of the list?

23) Mark Sanchez, New York Jets
    24) Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills
    25) Alex Smith, San Francisco 49ers
    26) Matt Cassel, Kansas City Chiefs
    27) Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings
    28) John Skelton, Arizona Cardinals

I'm betting he does better than every one of those guys and several of the ones higher on the list. I'm guessing him to be at least middle of the pack at worst.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Last edited by OrFan on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

• Flynn is going to be a lot better then this guy thinks because he is going to throw for 3800 yards =/-200 and for 23 td's +/-2, and have 10 picks +/-2. Not crazy good numbers like the top guys but very solid numbers considering our conservative offense.
    polarbill1999
    NET Starter

• You guys are getting very offended over a guy who hasn't done anything besides show potential. He's not even the starting QB yet.
    hawky
    NET Veteran

• LOLOLOL!! Says that about Flynn then has Andrew luck at 16... Also says jake locker will beat out hasselbeck. Eli manning at #1?? Just cause u won the sb shouldn't make u #1, c'mon man! I'll take Brady or Brees over Eli any day
    NET Bench Warmer

• this is a really ridiculous thing to get all worked up about. He didn't diss Flynn, he's just being realistic. Where exactly would you consider it not a diss, to rank the guy? Based on what information?
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• The guy is just using common sense. All he is saying is he just has not seen enough real game experience. Flynn is just going to play at a high level on a consistent basis. I believe Flynn will be highly regarded by season's end.
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Who cares?
    * NET Staff *

• So what exactly am I supposed to be outraged about here? I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't see the issue.
    Championships are forever.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

• I can't wait until he silences all the critics and has people looking our way again. I'm so excited about the new season. Flynn all the way baby!!
    ***In Carroll We Trust***
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

• Has anybody called the Waaaaahmbulance yet?
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Reeeeal men of geeeeniiiiiuuus...

kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Considering Flynn may not even start....

29 may actualy be too high.
    Free Agent
    NET Practice Squad

• SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Seems pretty fair to me. I dont see a diss in there and i definatly dont see a DISS. He does lack experience, plus the fact that the majority of our TD's are likely to come via the running game. And he probalby wont throw for many 300 yard games with our offense. I suspect he'll be a much better real game quarterback then fantasy quarterback.

You honestly think he's likely to get beat out by all of these guys as well as the top two thirds of the list?

23) Mark Sanchez, New York Jets
    24) Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills
    25) Alex Smith, San Francisco 49ers
    26) Matt Cassel, Kansas City Chiefs
    27) Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings
    28) John Skelton, Arizona Cardinals

I'm betting he does better than every one of those guys and several of the ones higher on the list. I'm guessing him to be at least middle of the pack at worst.

You forgot T. Jackson. He may not even be the best quarterback on his team. I know we all hope he is.
    Free Agent
    NET Practice Squad

• Uhhh, yeah.... he has Eli Manning as top QB, ahead of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and EVERYONE. And we're not supposed to laugh? Not to mention he has Roethlisberger @ #3. :lol:
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• nategreat wrote:Uhhh, yeah.... he has Eli Manning as top QB, ahead of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and EVERYONE. And we're not supposed to laugh? Not to mention he has Roethlisberger @ #3. :lol:

Yeah, that's just silly. Having Roethlisberger ahead of Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees is just plain stupidity. I mean, how does a self-respecting sports analyst defend that position?
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• Remember too that Jason Smith is a fantasy football knucklehead and those rankings reflect that world. Any team with a great running game such as the Seahawks will undoubtedly handicap the quarterback to a certain degree. With the standout defense the Hawks are building, there's also a good chance that the team you love will also be working with the lead later in the game and the ground game will be utilized to chew up the clock, again keeping the big fantasy points away from our QB. The name of the game is winning and Tarvaris or Flynn will be doing plenty of that this season.
    Siouxguy
    NET Rookie

• You guys take things way too seriously. This is for fantasy football and the guy is dead on. Flynn is a risky proposition for FANTASY football. He's only got 2 starts and is coming onto a new team with a #1 receiver that can't stay on the field, BMW who hasn't been consistent, etc. etc. When you're drafting your FANTASY football teams, he's not a guy I'd even draft. He's not a QB1 and he's not a guy I'd draft as my backup. He's waiver wire material until he proves himself...in FANTASY football.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• Wow this makes me so pissed! Omg im pissed! Our current 2nd string qb is low on a fantasy ranking list... east coast bias! Has to be! Pissed!

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

• sadhappy wrote:So what exactly am I supposed to be outraged about here? I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't see the issue.

Who said anyone was outraged? I wasn't even angry, I just think the guy has it wrong. I can see his point about not having a large body of work to look at but I still think he's got it wrong. No big deal, nothing to freak about, I just disagree with the guy.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

• OrFan wrote:Key word here is Fantasy. The geek doesn't know squat about real football. The only thing he knows is how to live in a make believe world with his other geek friends and hide from reality. Why would anyone want to listen to a loser like that?

This! Real football> fantasy bs
    Swedishhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• I know this is for fantasy purposes; but I'm still not sure I'd put Manning ahead of Rodgers or Brees.

22) Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans.....Nice..... (He did have good Fantasy numbers when in last year, plus I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting eventually next year...Don't strike me down Matt!).

Now, as far as Flynn. I wouldn't expect him to go as a top QB in any leagues either. He'll probably be drafted real late or go undrafted in most "money" type leagues. It all depends on how the Summer camps and pre season go. If he's the starting QB on day 1 I could see him getting picked up by a lot of people....in Seattle.

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• nategreat wrote:Uhhh, yeah.... he has Eli Manning as top QB, ahead of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and EVERYONE. And we're not supposed to laugh? Not to mention he has Roethlisberger @ #3. :lol:

LOL! Now that is funny. I like Eli a lot but he's definitely not a top fantasy QB and neither is Pig Pen. Now if they keep Wallace and Antonio Brown heats up, Pen might get some TDs but they have mostly been a running team with a nasty defense.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Fantasy or not, these rankings are terrible. Saying that they are fantasy-based doesn't make them any better.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• The only thing I'm outraged about is people quoting fantasy sites and calling it football commentary. I've really come to hate fantasy football. It is helping to destroy sports reporting.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• "Yeah well that's just like, your opinion man." - the Dude

Not concerned about fantasy football stats, at the end of the day I just want to win.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:And where of the 32 does Flynn rank according to this real man of genius? He's 29th with only Colt McCoy, Matt Moore, and Chad Henne beating out for bottom feeder status.

29) Matt Flynn, Seattle Seahawks: He could be higher on this list, but how am I seriously supposed to gauge a guy with two NFL starts in a four-year career?

You're not supposed to because other than the very obvious guys on the top you really don't seem to know much of what you're talking about Jason!

Flynn has 2 more starts than the number of times I heard of Jason Smith before today.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Maybe Rock should start a Fantasy Forum, this way we can dump this crap in there and things like it. Madden comes to mind as well.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

• I'm not seeing the diss...
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Trrrroy wrote:
    nategreat wrote:Uhhh, yeah.... he has Eli Manning as top QB, ahead of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and EVERYONE. And we're not supposed to laugh? Not to mention he has Roethlisberger @ #3. :lol:

Yeah, that's just silly. Having Roethlisberger ahead of Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees is just plain stupidity. I mean, how does a self-respecting sports analyst defend that position?

Maybe he's basing it on playoff success and SuperBowl wins? Of course, then he'd have to put Tom Brady at #1, where he belongs. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees are both one-hit wonders compared to Brady, Roethlisberger and Manning, and don't belong in that group of elite QBs yet. Rodgers looked below-average and was easily outplayed by Eli Manning during the playoffs. If you were to judge by the Giants game, a lot of the hype around Rodgers may be a bit premature. And I don't see Brees sniffing another SuperBowl for a while. The Saints window has closed.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• I'd love to add a post in which I try to calm people down over something that clearly isn't a diss, but I'm having too much fun reading all of the comments.
    Guardian
    NET Veteran

• kthebestwayw wrote:I can't wait until he silences all the critics and has people looking our way again. I'm so excited about the new season. Flynn all the way baby!!

:13: On the excitement. I wasn't calling for Flynn to be in Seattle, but I'll get behind whoever wins the starting job, and regardless of who that is, I'm going to be cheering myself raw this season. :mrgreen:

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• Trrrroy wrote:
    nategreat wrote:Uhhh, yeah.... he has Eli Manning as top QB, ahead of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and EVERYONE. And we're not supposed to laugh? Not to mention he has Roethlisberger @ #3. :lol:

Exactly. Roethlisberger's big claim to fame is his fat ass that is hard to sack because he's so over sized. Other than that he's an average QB.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• pinksheets wrote:You guys take things way too seriously. This is for fantasy football and the guy is dead on. Flynn is a risky proposition for FANTASY football. He's only got 2 starts and is coming onto a new team with a #1 receiver that can't stay on the field, BMW who hasn't been consistent, etc. etc. When you're drafting your FANTASY football teams, he's not a guy I'd even draft. He's not a QB1 and he's not a guy I'd draft as my backup. He's waiver wire material until he proves himself...in FANTASY football.

I'd take him in later rounds simply because he is an unknown factor and it may pay off to have him on your roster. I'll admit I laughed at the guy who drafted Cam Newton, but it payed off for him in dividends. You just never know. That's part of what makes fantasy football fun.

Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• The Yugoslavian wrote:Wow this makes me so pissed! Omg im pissed! Our current 2nd string qb is low on a fantasy ranking list... east coast bias! Has to be! Pissed!

Hey TY your post has a leak... yeah there's a drip.. lets see... yup there it is... sarcasm? :stirthepot:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I COULD care less about fantasy rankings, but not much :roll:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• chris98251 wrote:Maybe Rock should start a Fantasy Forum, this way we can dump this crap in there and things like it. Madden comes to mind as well.

Point taken.
    Championships are forever.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information