Skyrim character builds

TravTex

Reaction score
I'm at level 22 and haven't even picked a side in the civil war, yet. Not a lot done on the main quest, either. Spending most of my time commuting back and forth between the Mage's college and the Bard's college, dropping accumulated crap off at the house in Whiterun. Had the dark elf girl at the Mage's college agree to marry me... then she didn't show up to the wedding. Bitch.

Riley12

Reaction score
I'm getting deeper into the Dark Brotherhood quests, but I've also stumbled upon some Daedric-related ones
and want to continue those a bit more.

TravTex

Reaction score
I did a free-form restart a while back -- No cheats, no loophole exploits (Anyone see that one where you have the Health-into-Mana spell in one hand and a healing spell in the other hand? Jeez), playing 'myself'... which turns out to be pretty close to Lawful Stupid. Amusingly, in this run, trying to be Lawful Stupid has already created a couple moral dilemmas. That's decent writing, right thar.

Anyway, I escaped Helgen with the Swedish Terrorist. He suggested I meet up with his sister. I'm thinking, 'Why the hell would I have any interest in doing THAT? I'm getting the frick out of here.'

I went west and ended up around Falkreath. Got drawn completely against my will into a quest where a demon prince forced me to skin a dude in order to remove a curse. My Lawful Stupid guy is probably a complete PTSD wreck, already.

My underdog sympathies have been utterly destroyed by a trip to Stormcloak central, where I came to the conclusion that the Nordic National Army is a bunch of racist Nazi bastard-faces. I was thinking of joining the Imperials, decided since I was headed that way that I'd just be a Bard instead. Less getting stabbed in that career, I thought.

I made my obligatory stop by Whiterun, "Hey, yeah, so there's dragons and stuff... What? HELP you? Oh, Jeez..."

I bumped the difficulty to keep things interesting (I'm not using Archery as much this time around, as it doesn't fit my personality nearly as well playing myself. I don't have the patience to sneak around that much. Evidenced by my last "sneak" build's habit of throwing out 'Hey, skeever-butt!!' voice shouts to attract attention).

On a stopover in Markarth I finally get to the cool bit: I come staggering out of Alva's house after nearly getting my head beat in, and I see the town watch running around screaming, shooting arrows into the sky. Hey! First random dragon! FWOOOSH, one swoops blowing fire all over the place. From the other direction, FWOOOSH, -another- dragon swoops blowing ice all over the place.

What.

Yep, two, count 'em, two dragons. After a loooooooong fight, I finally managed to take them out by hiding like a weiner in the mill and popping out to fire arrows at them. By that point, the city guard was more or less eradicated.

Markarth Town Watch: Now Hiring.

Riley12":2p14w2qw said:
I'm getting deeper into the Dark Brotherhood quests, but I've also stumbled upon some Daedric-related ones
and want to continue those a bit more.

Hircine is a douche.

Re: Dark Brotherhood. I -accidentally- started that string, haha. I looked into Aventus, decided the kid was a little sociopath, but went to peek in on the Orphanage anyway when I was in the area. Now, that old lady was -definitely- an evil hag, but I still wasn't feeling the whole 'Kill people for money' vibe.

She still was pissing me off with the way she was treating the kids, so figured I'd just teach her a lesson. Unrelenting Force Shout! She stumbled into the hearth and freaking died. Whups.

Snohomie

Reaction score
I haven't played Skyrim since Saturday. I am eagerly looking forward to changing that at about 11 tonight (my flight gets in at 10, so I'm pretty much going straight to my PS3). Darn malware on my PC (does anyone know of a free malware remover?), I was going to put it on my laptop but that didn't happen with this dumb virus.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Spounge, I love you.

I downloaded 4 programs and the only one that would remove the malware for free missed the one I was trying to get rid of. Yours removed it for free! Woo! Thanks a million!

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I am not done with the game for my first char. but I made it to a point with the build where I am rushing to finish the game because it is not the very difficult. I upped the difficulty setting but I am too equipped. I am decked out in full dragon armor with my mace. I have almost + 80 one handed skill on my equipment an + 50 light armor. I maxed out one handed and light armor. I have lots of make restorations spells cheap and regen.

I think I spent to much time in the early stages leveling up blacksmithing and enchanting. It really made my guy overpowered. I take down dragons in two to three swings.

I think next char. will be a spell wielding nord that does uses no weapons.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I've heard it's almost like cheating if you work on professions and get pimped out, lol. I'll definitely be avoiding that.

TravTex

Reaction score
Things are challenging for me, right now, but I'm doing the whimsical Jack of All Trades thing. Get my ass handed to me quite regularly.

AshamanMat

Reaction score
Some things are challenging for me, I dont use a weapon unless Im out of mana which doesnt happen very often, and then Ill usually use a 1Hander. I having a blast doing the mage guild quests, saw my first none story dragon, he was attacking a small camp, and by the time I got over there he had killed everyone and flew away

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm a little annoyed, the first dragon I encountered on my mage in Riverwood killed the blacksmith vendor, who I got into the habit of using regularly on my archer, and now I can't on my mage; lol. (Though I do like the permanent aspect of things like that happening in the game world.)

AshamanMat

Reaction score
LOL He killed him? thats funny but I could see how that could be a pain, yeah it is kinda cool to have the realism aspect to it, Ill have to make sure to not let that happen to me also I use his as well

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yep, I even looted his body; and now Riverwood isn't a good place to quick travel to to vendor stuff at anymore. *whine*

Lol. It is funny, though.

TravTex

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1daxf8cc said:
Yep, I even looted his body; and now Riverwood isn't a good place to quick travel to to vendor stuff at anymore. *whine*

Lol. It is funny, though.

I think a family member or something is supposed to take over a shop some time after a vendor kicks off.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Well, it has been at least 2 in-game weeks and it's still empty. I even went into the deceased's home and spoke with the son (who is one of the two guys you can leave Helgen with at the start of the game) and his widow, and they won't sell me crap during broad daylight. Lazy bums, stop mourning already!

Fudwamper

Reaction score
So disappointed in the ending of the main quest line. SPOILERS:

It is like no one cared. Nothing changed at all in the game. Jyarls all ignored you, it was like you are still a nobody. I felt the same way after becoming the Arch Mage. None it the college really treat you different. Sure you get a swank hut but nothing really changes. No jealous people or admiring people. The completing of a major quest is kind of bland.

Happy

Reaction score
Fun game. I picked redguard at random but after playing for a bit I'd rather be a dark elf - I like destruction magic.

Latest posts