LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I fully support Aldon Smith's right to have whatever weapons he wants that are legal for him to own, even if they're ridiculously powerful or rare weapons that require special permits; assuming he GETS said permits and everything he has is legal.

Unfortunately for him, he's a moron and is likely going to pay a pretty harsh penalty for learning this particular lesson.

Also, Kats, I laughed and said "glad they caught him" when our own Leroy Hill was busted, multiple times, for DUI. Sure, it sucks when it's your own guy, but I have no patience for millionaire athletes that risk it all because they refuse to grow up while they're making mad money, and that includes my own beloved Seahawks.

rlkats

Reaction score
In my opinion one gun charge and you lose your right. I exactly feel just like you Roland thanks for clarifying.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Here is what I don't get. Deputies sat on these charges for more than a year. Why? And did they decide to file the charges because of the DUI he recently got?

I can't think of one legitimate reason they should have sat on felony charges for a year plus.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scotte, it seems pretty clear to me that they were trying to bury the gun charges, but his DUI and the publicity from it made for too much heat. You cover stuff up to do favors for people when you can, you stop doing it when it can cost you your own job or even potentially get you thrown in jail.

Like you, I can't imagine a feasible scenario for sitting on it that long that doesn't involve covering it up.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":revp92kv said:
Here is what I don't get. Deputies sat on these charges for more than a year. Why? And did they decide to file the charges because of the DUI he recently got?

I can't think of one legitimate reason they should have sat on felony charges for a year plus.

They waited until the civil suit laid it all out. The "don't snitch" culture kept it on the down-low for awhile.

At least I think that's it.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nah, it'd still be funny if it was some other team's star pass rusher, too. It's definitely more funny because it's a 49er, though; no doubt about that.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hey y'all , I'm all in on him getting whatever the law allows.

A responsible gun owner knows, or should learn the laws, BEFORE buying or possessing a gun. Period. No excuses. A responsible gun owner also knows that laws very from state to state. Again no excuses.

rlkats

Reaction score
Hey pehawk question what the hell is that pic in you sig?????????????? lol. Charges should have came immediate. If im correct the police were called to the house that night would they not search the weapons and take them if illegal. Then file charges

pehawk

Reaction score
The culture is to never say there were guns, at all. Don't snitch, period, but by all means sue. Because suing's manlier.

Now you get why I kind of hate the gun culture?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Kats, go to Google Images and type in "geoduck". :)

Also, Pe, the COPS sat on the evidence; they're the ones that LIKE snitching. :)

mikeak

Reaction score
A few thoughts -
1) If he had a sniper rifle and missed he sucks
2) We may be able to pick him up for cheap now next year :)

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":294xw5oz said:

Also, Pe, the COPS sat on the evidence; they're the ones that LIKE snitching. :)

Do you blurt out the "safe" word during intimate time, then clarify "no, I was just confirming that's the safe word, sweetie...don't stop"?

rlkats

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3rr32wxs said:

LOL a very large salty edible clam. Holy crap God has a sense of humor.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":11g82v4i said:
Scottemojo":11g82v4i said:

They waited until the civil suit laid it all out. The "don't snitch" culture kept it on the down-low for awhile.

Nah, the deputies found the illegal guns. The no snitch policy was about any shootings, stabbings.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Wow, "The party included a $10 entrance fee. Gang members arrived, paid the fee and eventually a confrontation happened."

Charging an entrance fee? I imagine that is illegal and comes with all kinds of liability. "You charged money for entrance and had the responsibility to keep people safe."

I have quite a few guns but I used them all to fill my freezer and when I was guiding for big game. I also reload and do a lot of shooting but I rarely talk about it, and all my guns, save one, are tucked away where no one can see them and they are all (save one) currently disabled in some way.

But shooting is fun, blowing up a gallon jug of water with a high velocity rifle is a lot more fun than shooting off some black cats. :D And shooting sticks of petrogel is freakin' hilarious! A little hard on small structures, old telephone poles and 55 gallon drums, but fun nonetheless :p

ivotuk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":192xg143 said:
pehawk":192xg143 said:
Scottemojo":192xg143 said:

Nah, the deputies found the illegal guns. The no snitch policy was about any shootings, stabbings.

That is not uncommon. They have to get all of their ducks in a row first, especially against a wealthy football player who can afford an expensive lawyer. Too many cases are lost on technicalities or legal maneuvering. DAs are a tough lot who are usually overloaded, and they don't get paid a whole lot. They come in to a courthouse wheeling a hand truck full of boxes of case files and leave hours later with that. Add to that the snails pace that the bureaucracies they work for, and 1 year isn't too bad. Plus, once they charge a defendant, there is the right to a fair and speedy trial so you can't do your investigating after you charge them, but before.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1g8j1448 said:
pehawk":1g8j1448 said:
Scottemojo":1g8j1448 said:

From my understanding of the case, the delay related to evidence regarding whether or not Aldon Smith willingly circumvented the law by purchasing guns out of state which are illegal. In other words, was Aldon simply an idiot for having the illegal guns, or did he know they were illegal and sought to circumvent the law (Ignorance vs Deception).

Ignorance of the law isn't a defense, but it can be a mitigating factor in a more serious offense.

Let me see if i can track down the official charging documents. I can give you a better answer if i read the language.

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, then there's no legit reason they sat on it then. Damn.

mikeak

Reaction score
Aldon Smith - give Plexico a call and discuss how fun prison is........

These guys are idiots - have your friends stay sober and drive you home, buy the guns and purchase the PEDs. Why would you do these things in your own name?