I will be attending the game on Sunday night

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
it is my first visit to C-Link and I have a question. Since I have been a die-hard Bears fans since I was knee high to a garbage can, I am going to wear my authentic, throwback Jim McMahon jersey. Can someone who has been to the Link advise as to how this will "go over" with the 12th man. Should I expect to have anything thrown at me, or to get razzed by Seattle fans for wearing the Jim McMahon Bears jersey, or will they be cool with it? Just curious, since I don't know how your fans react to someone wearing a different team's jersey. Your input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I doubt anyone will say anything about it unless you come across another Bears fan. There will be plenty of other things taking our attention.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
People will probably think "Why the hell is this guy wearing a McMahon Bears jersey?"

That's about it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
You will will fine.

We always laugh at people like you that go to a game and wear some Jersey that has nothing to do with the game. Usually those people just want attention or conflict. IE: those people that wear steeler or cowboy jerseys to Hawks games when neither team is playing.

Nobody will bother you but you will look like one of those guys none the less.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I personally loved Jim, and think fondly of the 85 Bears. I really really doubt there will be any problems, as everyone will be focused on the task at hand of taking down the evil empire and their douchey sith lords. However cheer for the good guys!

BlueTalons

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":2wtmtt2o said:
it is my first visit to C-Link and I have a question. Since I have been a die-hard Bears fans since I was knee high to a garbage can, I am going to wear my authentic, throwback Jim McMahon jersey. Can someone who has been to the Link advise as to how this will "go over" with the 12th man. Should I expect to have anything thrown at me, or to get razzed by Seattle fans for wearing the Jim McMahon Bears jersey, or will they be cool with it? Just curious, since I don't know how your fans react to someone wearing a different team's jersey. Your input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Not sure how or why you got your tickets to THIS game. I'll take them off your hands and buy you tix to next weeks game versus the Jaguars... ;)

DTexHawk

Reaction score
You shouldn't be bothered, but don't be that guy. ;)

Wear a jersey of one of the teams that are playing, or don't wear one at all.

And certainly don't a jersey from another sport.

12thMan1

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":i541jpu1 said:

I'm curious as to what your motivation is for wearing a Bears jerssey to a Hawks/Niners game? I've often wondered why people do this in general.

OP
OP
BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
can you please explain what you guys mean by "congrats on being THAT guy"???? I thought that "THAT GUY" was the guy who wore the OPPOSING TEAM's uniform in a big game, just looking to stir sh*t up or get into a fight. Why would wearing a Bears jersey make me "THAT guy?"

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sell your ticket to a Seahawks fan. We're going for a world record. No time for this "neutral fan" business.

:p

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think you will just get a lot of confused looks and maybe a few comments thrown your way like, "Hey, you're at the wrong game". Stuff like that.

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
People will ridicule you for being a tool and maybe poor beer on you but that is it.

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
People will ridicule you for being a tool and maybe poor beer on you but that is it.

Chapman

Reaction score
Because you will look like a dumbass.
If your not there to support either team why show it?
I wonder if that would be considered "Trolling"?

the ditch

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":12ftqke2 said:
can you please explain what you guys mean by "congrats on being THAT guy"???? I thought that "THAT GUY" was the guy who wore the OPPOSING TEAM's uniform in a big game, just looking to stir sh*t up or get into a fight. Why would wearing a Bears jersey make me "THAT guy?"

Nobody will do much more to you then something along the lines "Hey, you're at the wrong game/Bears aren't playing here tool, yuk yuk yuk"

But it's also my anecdotal experience that the people who wear a jersey of a team not playing to a game are typically loud and obnoxious about said team and are there to get attention.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":colmxmjj said:
You will will fine.

We always laugh at people like you that go to a game and wear some Jersey that has nothing to do with the game. Usually those people just want attention or conflict. IE: those people that wear steeler or cowboy jerseys to Hawks games when neither team is playing.

Nobody will bother you but you will look like one of those guys none the less.
This...I always laugh at guys like that. Saw some NO and Steelers jerseys last year