First photos inside Oregon's new football ops building

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
NYCoug":ni9xalzq said:
JSeahawks":ni9xalzq said:
I just wanna say that I love it when you Coug fans enter the fray. It's so cute.

That's the problem with Ducks fans. You guys don't respect/care to remember where you came from. It wasn't always $68 Million "football ops" buildings and new uniforms every week. There were dark days along the way. Congratulations, you've officially made it. Not to say the same can't happen at Wazzu. Not to say it will, but I can at least be proud of the fact that Cougs fans won't ever forget where we came from.

If the cougs were ever to the competitive level that the ducks are at, over time they would become every bit as obnoxious. Don't fool yourself.

People are people.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":33qq4k1i said:
NYCoug":33qq4k1i said:
JSeahawks":33qq4k1i said:
I just wanna say that I love it when you Coug fans enter the fray. It's so cute.

That's the problem with Ducks fans. You guys don't respect/care to remember where you came from. It wasn't always $68 Million "football ops" buildings and new uniforms every week. There were dark days along the way. Congratulations, you've officially made it. Not to say the same can't happen at Wazzu. Not to say it will, but I can at least be proud of the fact that Cougs fans won't ever forget where we came from.

If the cougs were ever to the competitive level that the ducks are at, over time they would become every bit as obnoxious. Don't fool yourself.

People are people.

See, that's the thing though...

We already are drunk and obnoxious bastards. And if Mike Leach or some other guy ever brings the Cougs that kind of success, we'll still be drunk and obnoxious bastards. We'll never forget where we started or change who we are, much like people like Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman haven't forgotten where they came from.

People are people, but there are exceptions to every rule. Cougs are a different breed. An f'ed up one, that's for sure. But definitely a different breed. :mrgreen:

CPHawk

Reaction score
NYCoug":1pj3aycm said:
JSeahawks":1pj3aycm said:

It can't with your current AD.

cesame

Reaction score
You can always count on the haters to come out when Oregon does something big.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
NYCoug":ck1yej07 said:
Tech Worlds":ck1yej07 said:
NYCoug":ck1yej07 said:

People are people.

See, that's the thing though...

We already are drunk and obnoxious bastards. And if Mike Leach or some other guy ever brings the Cougs that kind of success, we'll still be drunk and obnoxious bastards. We'll never forget where we started or change who we are, much like people like Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman haven't forgotten where they came from.

People are people, but there are exceptions to every rule. Cougs are a different breed. An f'ed up one, that's for sure. But definitely a different breed. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I don't think Coug fans would be any more arrogant. The fanbase, by and large, isn't arrogant and demanding enough. Look at the uproar that happened with the "old wazzu" people when Paul Wulff got fired. Lot of Coug fans relish being an underdog small time program and winning every now and then so much that they are scared of doing what it takes to actually win(changing the culture, investing in the program). It seems like its all about winning occasionally and rooting against the Huskies, and sometimes, the Huskies losing is more important than the Cougs winning. I was at the Idaho State game in 2011, which was the first time in years the Cougs destroyed a team, go to a bar at halftime for a drink, and its packed with people passionately rooting for Eastern Washington to beat the Huskies. People were leaving the wazzu game, a rare victory, to root against the Huskies. I've been fighting people with that mentality ever since I went there.

It would take twenty years of consistent winning for Coug fans to build up the natural arrogance you see from Duck fans over the last ten years. If anything, now that they actually have an elite program, I've found Oregon fans to actual be classier, rather than when they were pretending to be elite.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
The only arrogant UW fans I run into are the ones that didn't actually go there.

cacksman

Reaction score
seahawk2k":2cftcybl said:
The only arrogant UW fans I run into are the ones that didn't actually go there.

Which make up what, 99% of them?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dawgs0":2fnvpraq said:
Oregon reporter dissing UO (Nike U).

Steve Duin ‏@SteveDuin 4h
O's @JWQuick on covering football at University of @Nike: "(The access) sucks. It sucks. It's awful. It's horrid." http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/8/20/46 ... azers-beat

That's good. That's exactly the way it should be. You ignored the next paragraph though where he talks about how amazing and great all the players are to deal with.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm a husky fan and have to say that's absolutely legit.

I've toured Husky stadium and much of the underground offices/weight room, it's freakin massive. Oregon and UW both have awesome facilities now. Love it.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Its high time the Huskies built up those facilities. The new stadium looks great. Going to three games there this year.

That whole interview with the Ducks guy was BS. I hate whiny reporters that bitch about a lack of access and then how disillusioned the guy is with the NBA. The media in Seattle bitched when Sark closed practices last year, like they are entitled to it. The guy was shocked that NBA players have something on the side? Really?

How about you just go and do your job?

Also, considering what Steve Kelley did to the Bill Walton Blazers by hanging around the locker room, getting in guys ears that they deserved more money and pitting the players against the management so he could sell newspapers which ultimately destroyed a great team, its not surprising at all that sports teams don't like providing unfettered access to reporters.

Snohomie

Reaction score
One of the thing in sports is when a reporter acts like we should be mad that they aren't treated particularly well. I'm not talking about violence or anything like that, but players/coaches showing them contempt, denying them access, etc.

The impression I get from a lot of writers is that they are trying to get us to feel their outrage (like with the UW closed practices deal), which cracks me up.

Latest posts