Not Your Regular Fundraiser: 12>49 T-shirts ****UPDATE****

TheHawkster

Reaction score
It's simple,
Buy a t-shirt and help the S.F. Giants fan that was attacked by Dodgers fans.
Pretty sweet deal....really sweet shirt

Order here....http://teespring.com/gohawks

shirtFront.jpg

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear a shirt that has any reference to the Niners on it. Even if it was 12>49. My 2 cents. Go Hawks.

tubbs51

Reaction score
@Zaghawk: click the link and read the story about the guy that the purchase would completely benefit.

I'm with you on not buying any 49er related but its for a great cause and for a fellow fan that was brutally assaulted by fans of a rival team.

Went ahead and bought one for my self. Looks cool plus Mr Stow needs the help.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cool shirt, and it's not about the 49 on there, it's about who it's going to. What a joke, getting the crap beat out of you because you're pulling for your team???? Pathetic

NYCoug

Reaction score
Damn, it's so close to being a 42-13 shirt. Got excited there.

But the shirt is still pretty cool and it would be fun to explain to silly, slow 49ers fans what it means when I'm at Candlestick in December. It's for a great cause too, so I'm probably going to pull the trigger on this one.

I feel bad for the dude who got beaten to within an inch of his life because I know I'm lucky that that hasn't happened to me pulling for the Seahawks in Philly, NJ, and anywhere else over the years. It's BS that you even have to worry about something like that happening but these are the times we live in. Thanks for sharing this, Hawkster. :th2thumbs:

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Cool shirt, great cause.
I don't think anyone should get beat to an inch of their lives and I'm not saying it happens all the time but most people (80%--probably more, and 10% is caused by alcohol) get beat because of their actions. I'm an east coaster also, been to Shea, giant stadium, Philly dc, Chicago and Green Bay and have seen the seahawks kick ass in all of them.
All I'm saying is a lot of people don't show respect at opposing stadiums. Cheer your team on but not like you might do at your home stadium.

NYCoug

Reaction score
FDNYHawk, one of my new favorite posters already! A New York City Firefighter and a 12, gotta love that, only on .Net! I hope that through the years the 12th Man develops the reputation of not only the best fans in the NFL but the classiest as well. I hope that with the success we're about to experience (oh it's gonna happen alright!) that we handle the success with grace and completely separate ourselves, as a fan base, from the rest of the league in terms of how we treat opposing fans. Sure, there's always going to be some morons to ruin it for everyone else, but I hope nothing like the incidents this cause are for happen at the CLink... that's what Safeco's for.

I kid, I kid. Welcome to .Net, FDNYHawk!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Is that you Walt??? Good to see you on the board my friend.
I've been to 11 or 12 road games over the years, and most of the time was treated pretty well. Not in Chicago, that was brutal, same in Cleveland (what a hole). But I never talk smack on the road, not once. That's what was frustrating about Chicago and Cleveland, ppl just were up in my grill for no reason other than the fact that I wore Hawks gear. That being said, at the Clink, you see plenty of drunk Hawks fans doing the same thing to opposing fans, it's embarrasing to be honest.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Guess it's a matter of opinion, kind of cool looking really. Oh well, I'll probably swoop up one to help out.

12thMode

Reaction score
The Radish":2ijpip9e said:
This is a great cause, but it is a baseball topic.

The shirt is Seahawks 12thMan related, hence the '12' is greater than 49. As in 12thMan is greater than the 49ers. The only thing baseball related is the fact that the proceeds are going to the man that was beaten at a baseball game for supporting his team.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Hey soulfish, we have spoken about Chicago before and I've heard your story. It does happen some time but I've been to Chicago to see the seahawks 5 times and those fans were great to me. Been to Cleveland twice but the last game was a 6-3 final and both fans were just embarrassed.

Thanks for the welcome NYcoug. Been to the clink many times and have seen idiot fans there also. Hope it gets better. Are there any other New Yorkers on this site?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, there were plenty of cool ones at both places, just one of those things. Loved Chicago as a city though, really fun place, tons of stuff to do. Have a bunch of relatives out there. Hopefully Laura and I will be hanging out with you in February Walt! My first trip to New York should be for the Superbowl.
Hope everything worked out with your living situation out there, you guys have dealt w/enough crap over the years.

nsport

Reaction score
Done. Thanks for the exposure - wouldn't have known about the fundraiser without this post.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey Hawkster, I went ahead and passed it along to a few ppl, so hopefully I can get more sold for him. My mom reminded me of a story. Way back when, she went to Dodger stadium to watch the Giants (her team at the time) and someone hit her over the head with an umbrella. And they were throwing beer and peanuts at her and her friends throughout the game. :roll:

NYCoug

Reaction score
No way! Walt, glad you made it here. It's Dave from Carlow East. I had a feeling that was you. How you been man?

I was in Philly for the Hawks 42-0 beatdown of the Eagles on Monday Night during the '05 season. I still remember the moment right after Bobby Engram caught the first TD of the game on the opening drive from Hass. Me and my friends (not even Hawks fans but a friend made white t's into road seahawk jerseys, they were pretty sick) got up for pounds and daps all around and the entire section started just verbally destroying us. It was equal parts amazing and scumbaggery. It didn't matter anyway, since the entire stadium was empty after the Reggie White Ring of Honor induction at the half. The highlight was an Eagles fan helping his sad, drunk friend down the stairs and as they're walking out the drunk stops and points to the skies and says "I'm sorry you had to see that Reggie." It was beautiful to think that the Hawks could finally cause this kind of pain unto others and not just me and my fellow 12's.

On the way out though, the few remaining Eagles fans were definitely ready for a fight. I've still never been to Oakland or San Fran, so until I do, Philly's got to top my list of worst treatment of road fans.

OP
OP
TheHawkster

TheHawkster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":dns6irrb said:
Hey Hawkster, I went ahead and passed it along to a few ppl, so hopefully I can get more sold for him. My mom reminded me of a story. Way back when, she went to Dodger stadium to watch the Giants (her team at the time) and someone hit her over the head with an umbrella. And they were throwing beer and peanuts at her and her friends throughout the game. :roll:

Thanks!
The funny thing is, I'm just passing it along as well.
I got it from facebook and brought it here.
looks like a few shirts got sold soon after posting.
Big pat on the back to those who bought a cheap shirt for a good cause!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey NYCoug, my friend Dana Patera went to that game out there. She said a lot of her friends purposely didn't wear Hawks stuff etc. And when the Hawks were WAY up on the scoreboard, the place was emptying out with the quickness. A bunch of Hawks fans moved down to the sidelines, and the usher says to her "Watch out down there, there are a bunch of Hawks fans" So funny. I heard the Stadium is pretty incredible. That, and they have a jail inside the stadium. Perfect.
I watched it at Sport, across from the Space Needle, incredible night. Best part of the game was Lofa getting the Pick 6 and doing the Boxing under the goal post, epic.

Latest posts