Percy Harvin NYJ Highlights

sturg78

Reaction score
That is hilarious they put together a highlight real like that

Chawks1

Reaction score
Where are the highlights???? Seriously he gets tackled on the 2 on a kickoff return? Wow! At least they are trying to throw it down field to him. Wish we had thought of that!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Different uniform same plays. It's like Percy comes with only 7 plays.

Northhawk

Reaction score
I didn't think he could be worse than he was the last few games as a Hawk. I stand corrected.

BTW - he looks smaller in a Jets uniform.

CANHawk

Reaction score
That kick return... smh. they didn't really try the old "guy lies down" trick play did they...? smh...

But at least they thought to take shots down field with him. Dude has sick wheels and gets separation. If only they had a real quarterback...

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
The meltdown/"injury" clock has started. The Jets are a garbage team, and although the Raiders and Bucs are worse, the Jets + the NY media might be even worse.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Let's keep this thread updated every week. I'm genuinely interested in what he can do on another team.

Keep the lulz coming.

Exittium

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":29xnaft4 said:
Let's keep this thread updated every week. I'm genuinely interested in what he can do on another team.

Keep the lulz coming.

:th2thumbs: :snack: :thirishdrinkers:

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Percy the Jet's statline: 4 carries for 28 yards, 3 catches for 22 yards (on 9 targets), 6 kickoff returns for 144 yards.

OP
OP
Abach

Abach

Reaction score
On those deep routes, he's not even getting that great of separation ..

JesterHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":tisc7cow said:
Different uniform same plays. It's like Percy comes with only 7 plays.
Sadly we only tried 3 of them here.

Fire Bevell! :sarcasmon:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Throwing deep to Harvin probably cost Geno his job. Took all of 11 minutes.

Watch Harvin on that deep route; he can't locate the ball, doesn't break up the INT, and loses all balance while trying to turn around. I've seen him look similarly lost on throws that appeared to "miss" him in Seattle. He'll probably break one out at some point, but throwing deep to him just isn't a high percentage play. It's amazing that people think it's some coincidence that no one at the college or pro level thought to use him as an outside receiver. There's a reason for it.

Just running fast doesn't make you a deep threat at this level. You need ball skills. Need to be able to get off a jam. Need to able to run through the route tree. Harvin just doesn't excel in those areas. He's a dangerous player in several respects, but the fact is that you need to run a gadget-heavy offense to get him involved.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
And people were begging for Harvin to be used on deep routes. Sorry, he's not a deep route runner. He's a space guy.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
He might not be the best deep route runner, but it looked to me like he didn't do *that* bad. The piss poor QB play was more at fault than anything on those 'highlights'. He still looks dangerous to me. Had he had better chemistry with the Hawks, I would be glad to have him on the team.

WTH is that kick-off return play suppose to accomplish?? Weird play.

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Rex Ryan explains comical kickoff return fail vs. Bills"

""That was on me," said Rex Ryan after the game. "I was just trying to give us a spark. With the way Percy was returning the ball, I thought everyone would attack him and not think about a throwback. I think they did an outstanding job of playing it. Percy was heads-up enough to not throw it over there.""

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... l-vs-bills

kearly

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be getting a 6th rounder, based on that.