Preseason week 2: Jags vs. Bears

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I am

Jax looks good right now. Gerhart looks like a poor mans Lynch, a RB that can power through for tough yards but not as elusive.

Their OL looks good

Marques Lee does not look as quick as P.Richardson did but this is also on Soldier field grass.

I'm rooting for Bradly and the Jags to push for a playoff spot this year, and they could be close.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Henne looks comfortable for the most part, I want to see Bortles with the 1s. Gerhart looks good, Mercedes Lewis, and Hurns are getting a lot of targets. Jags defense looks pretty good too.

Jville

Reaction score
Looks like I'll wait for the replay. Just set the DVR. Thanks for the reminder. :th2thumbs:

Thirteen to nothing at the half ....... pitching a shutout.

Woops ....... guess thats 13 to 0 after the first quarter.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Ex-Seahawk Will Blackmon forced a fumble on a kickoff and recovered it himself. Great play.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I think the refs want to illegal contact the league to death. What a terrible call on the Bears Kevin Hayden with 3:38 to go in the first quarter. The receiver initiated contact and the QB slipped anyway.

Giblien

Reaction score
Watching Clem on the line...sigh...I miss him. What a player.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Bortles looks fairly sharp. Even when plays don't work out, he's making good choices for the most part.
Has a good strong arm.

Edit: I'm not watching every play. Have the game on kinda in the back ground at work.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Allen Bradford has had a couple nice moments. It's amazing that until a year ago he hadn't played on defense since HS.

Jville

Reaction score
Did anybody understand that roughing the passer call?

Well ...... Jacksonville looks promising.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Jville":1dteut22 said:
Did anybody understand that roughing the passer call?

Well ...... Jacksonville looks promising.

That was one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen. The ball was still in the QB's hands, fergawdsake! Refreshingly, the announcer's feed was missing from my audio so I couldn't hear whatever they had to say about it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I wish Gus and Seattle SouthEast luck, but preseason games are just that, they are not an indictor win or lose how good of team you are.

dracolich81

Reaction score
I know its the preseason but man, the Jags look good! Playing with tons of energy, defenders flying at the ball (looks familiar), and exciting play out of Bortals. Getting sick and tired of the media writing them off like their still horrible. IMO, their 1's outplayed the Bears. I say Jags go 8-8 this year.