Joe Haden

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
After taking a corner 8th overall they also overpay for Haden. The highest paid corner in the league? Haden? Really?

SMH @ the browns as always.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We got an absolute steal of a deal on Sherman. And this is why you get it done early, rather than wait as so many here stupidly adviced. It pays to be the bar setter, because these deals escalate quickly. Sherm is 3x the CB that Haden is and is now making less gtd money only because he signed his deal first.

Thank goodness we got wise, wise dudes in our F.O.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
You guys are selling Haden short. Dude is a stud. I'd still put Sherman as the best, but Haden isn't far off. Dude is balls.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2m1p4v8i said:
You guys are selling Haden short. Dude is a stud. I'd still put Sherman as the best, but Haden isn't far off. Dude is balls.
I like him better then Peterson. They may get something brewing there in Cleveland who knows?

theascension

Reaction score
After Haden and Peterson the Sherman deal is going to look absolutely genius. Sherman is still the best, he got the fewest targets and STILL the highest interceptions but Haden and Peterson are deserving of big deals too.
I'm pretty sure he wouldn't but hopefully Sherman won't hold out like Revis did for the Jets to get that 'highest' mark.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
A product is worth what the market will bear. In that sense, I don't think they over paid. I just think we got a great deal because Sherman really loves it here. And it took a bit more for Cleveland because they're Cleveland.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":25v5r5lr said:

Great player, but those numbers are ridiculous for his skill level IMO. On pure cover skills and game changing ability, I'm taking Sherman and Revis ahead of him by a mile. Factoring in ST play, I'm also definitely taking Peterson well ahead of Haden.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Haden faced arguably the league’s toughest slate of matchups on a per snap basis, and was asked to shadow A.J. Green (twice), Torrey Smith (twice), Mike Wallace, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Cecil Shorts, Dwayne Bowe and Julian Edelman over the course of the season. He didn’t give up a single 100yd game, and allowed less than 50yds in 11 games. He never game up multiple touchdowns in a game and had a six game streak without allowing a score. He only gave up two passes over 30yds (both were for 41yds) and only gave up 20-plus YAC on four occasions. Considering the quality of receiver that Haden was regularly lined up opposite, these are eye-popping statistics.

When discussing the best cornerbacks in the league the conversation focuses on Richard Sherman and Darrelle Revis. Haden’s name needs to be in that conversation.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -big-four/

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3tvoqs8o said:
A product is worth what the market will bear.
A nice theory, but in reality the quip about how a sucker and their money are soon parted is more accurate. Something's worth whatever you can get for it, including selling fake electronics at a 10,000% markup in gas station parking lots and the like.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25 2h
Want what I got? Get the stats I got! Least targeted. #opinionvsfact

BnhzAtFCcAAotgD

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
GoHawks":1hkbcil9 said:
Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25 2h
Want what I got? Get the stats I got! Least targeted. #opinionvsfact

BnhzAtFCcAAotgD

That's not even counting the fact he didn't start in year 1 until halfway through the season, where he promptly finished with 4 INT's. Basically he always averages 8 INT's over 16 games.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":v3rnfa8n said:
Haden faced arguably the league’s toughest slate of matchups on a per snap basis, and was asked to shadow A.J. Green (twice), Torrey Smith (twice), Mike Wallace, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Cecil Shorts, Dwayne Bowe and Julian Edelman over the course of the season. He didn’t give up a single 100yd game, and allowed less than 50yds in 11 games. He never game up multiple touchdowns in a game and had a six game streak without allowing a score. He only gave up two passes over 30yds (both were for 41yds) and only gave up 20-plus YAC on four occasions. Considering the quality of receiver that Haden was regularly lined up opposite, these are eye-popping statistics.

When discussing the best cornerbacks in the league the conversation focuses on Richard Sherman and Darrelle Revis. Haden’s name needs to be in that conversation.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -big-four/
That's not an impressive list of receivers. Outside of Green, Nelson, and Brown, those are some very average receivers he covered. That they even listed Torrey Smith negates any point they were trying to make.

amill87

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how does Sherman stack up in the same categories listed for Haden. We know Sherman faced Fitzgerald twice, Crabtree twice, Andre Johnson, and probably a few others I'm missing

drdiags

Reaction score
The big issue the NFLN and ESPN analysts hit Sherman with is that he doesn't shadow the #1 WR all over the field. It is what Prime told him he would like to see more of. Doesn't matter to those yahoos that the Seahawks defense changes for no man, it is what all these guys use to measure what they consider a shut-down corner.

That is why Haden, Revis and Peterson get so much love. It is what the skins' DeAngelo used to pump himself up. You can argue until you are blue in the face but these types will not change how they judge corners. Plus in Prime's case, it keeps the worship coming his way long after his time in the game.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sherman's Extension:

4 years
14.5 per year
69% of the money is guaranteed

Haden's Extension:

5 years
13.6 per year
66% guaranteed

Basically Haden took a longer deal (bad for him, he'll be past 30 when this is up) for a million less per year and a lower percentage guaranteed. That looks about right to me.

Browncoat

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1rkid97e said:
I like him better then Peterson. They may get something brewing there in Cleveland who knows?

The quickest way to derail anything brewing in Cleveland is to keep in mind that it's Cleveland.