Report: Lions have looked into trading Ndamukong Suh

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... mukong-suh

Interesting thing to follow in 2014 if this deal doesn't get done. The Lions would basically be forced to let Suh hit FA since franchising him would cost nearly $27M with the way his deal is structured.

This is very interesting from the Seahawks POV, because Suh grew up being a Seahawks fan... should he hit FA in 2015.. who knows?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I guess if you're going to dream....dream big. I just don't see us being serious contenders for his services considering all the in house talent that we have to start resigning. Who knows though?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Dude is a beast on the field, but his character is questionable though. He's one of those guys you love to have on your team but hate him if he's not. Would love to have him, but what it would take to acquire him and what you would have to pay after next season is up, is goona be way out of budget for the Hawks.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

I'm told Lions trying to re-sign Suh; no trade ahead. He's on the same offseason program last 3 years. Absence not contract related

HawkWow

Reaction score
Suh is half Tez, half Romanowski. Hard to trust the guy because he clearly has no control over his actions on a football field. Off the field, it's clear he's a good guy and he seems sincere in saying he wants to limit his infractions..... but that just doesn't seem to happen for him. I'm thinking of a game where he lobbied hard to be made captain. Thinking that may be the answer to his inner demons, the Lions did so and Suh went right out and committed some over the top personal foul his first game as captain. I do hope he gets it together (somewhere in the AFC).

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Bennett, Mebane, Suh, and Avril would rival the '85 Bears for the most dominant defensive line of all time.

Of course, it will never make sense in the age of the salary cap . . . but we can dream.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I really am fine with what we have so my dreams don't lean that way to be honest. I'd much rather have the LOB given the horror show I had to watch from the early 90's until 2011 masquerading as a secondary in a pass happy league.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2a267nuq said:
I guess if you're going to dream....dream big. I just don't see us being serious contenders for his services considering all the in house talent that we have to start resigning. Who knows though?

Were you compensated for using the American Family Insurance slogan?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":2jol2cdk said:
MizzouHawkGal":2jol2cdk said:

Were you compensated for using the American Family Insurance slogan?
Carl's Jr!

kearly

Reaction score
It seems likely to me that Suh will hit UFA. The Lions basically can't franchise him, and that means that can't threaten to franchise in negotiations. Also, and this is pretty significant: Detroit.

The fact that the Lions are attempting a trade is a pretty big clue that he isn't likely staying with the Lions much longer.

Even with the hit to Suh's image and his inconsistent production, he's just such a rare player that I expect interest in him to be pretty strong in free agency. It would be cool to see him end up in Seattle but for anything more than Michael Bennett money I don't think we could budget it, unless Russell Wilson signs for less than expected.

In a trade though? I would be surprised. Maybe a team with money to burn like Oakland might make some sense as a trade partner, but for most teams he's just going to be too expensive.

Suh may not be perfect and he may be overpaid but Detroit needs more players like him, not less. The Lions are already the NFL's most finesse team even with the league's dirtiest player anchoring their defense.

mikeak

Reaction score
BlueTalon":21na1sjy said:
Some team will be the Washington Redskins to his Albert Haynesworth.

Awesome comment

but I think he will be better. He isn't lazy just not disciplined