Michael Johnson to Tampa Bay - 5/43.75M

kidhawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3tqxi4uo said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10588687/michael-johnson-tampa-bay-buccaneers-agree-five-year-contract-worth-4375-million

24 M guaranteed. Wow.

HOW DID WE KEEP MICHAEL BENNETT FOR 28.5M?!

How? I'll tell you how.....Costco is headquartered in Washington state, that's how :)

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
That's what happens when you franchise a guy. The Bengals probably drove his price up themselves.

And, its the Bucs. I'm not sure they understand things very well down there.

Largent80

Reaction score
Bennett won't have to pay the steep tax that is elsewhere. Man, did T.b. overpay or what?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Largent80":3i37440f said:
Bennett won't have to pay the steep tax that is elsewhere. Man, did T.b. overpay or what?

I thought FL was one of the other states with no income tax as well.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Explain it away all you want but he finished with 3.5 sacks last year, that's bad.
We got Bennett for 28.5, they got Johnson for 24 guaranteed, just shows how far ahead Schneider is of everyone else

Dtowers

Reaction score
davidonmi":1bd38u8k said:
Explain it away all you want but he finished with 3.5 sacks last year, that's bad.
We got Bennett for 28.5, they got Johnson for 24 guaranteed, just shows how far ahead Schneider is of Lovie/Licht

FTFY

davidonmi

Reaction score
Dtowers":1z43kqr7 said:
davidonmi":1z43kqr7 said:
We got Bennett for 28.5, they got Johnson for 24 guaranteed, just shows how far ahead Schneider is of Lovie/Licht

FTFY
yeah I guess, no way Newsome would do that, or Baalke, or Belicheck, etc

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Wow, we got a steal compared to Johnson's contract. Contrary to belief due to his sack #'s, Johnson was still good last year and was very good the year before. Bennett > Johnson though and we got him for cheaper.

JS & PC. :th2thumbs:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Johnson is a more conventional 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB prospect. He's also considered to be a stellar defender vs. the run. I'm not really surprised that he had a bigger market than Bennett. He's a better scheme fit for most teams. Sack totals aren't really a great way to compare players. By that metric, Bennett isn't exactly a top-level player either. Bennett is probably also seen as exclusively a 4-3 DT/DE, which would limit the number of teams that would be interested.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Woah, that's big money. It's not a terrible signing by TB, at least it's better than the Vikes contract with Everson Griffen.