Heath Evans and Jamie Dukes trying to troll us

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Wow, Heath Evans, just wow. When asked to redraft the 2012 QB class in retrospect, he and Daisy Dukes rank Tannehill at #2, over Wilson (at #4). :lol: :34853_doh:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000324099/2012-quarterback-redraft

Here is their list
1. Luck
2. Tannehill
3. Griffin
4. Wilson
5. Foles
6. Cousins

Wilson is at least #2, and Foles would be at least #3 in my book. Luck and Wilson are tied for #1/#2 to me.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I understand the disagreement w/ the article but I really hope people aren't all that bothered by this any longer.

We won the freaking big one. Russell's been injured (i'm thinking since @SF) and playing through it. His numbers dropped off right after the @SF game and that hit from Bowman.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Playoff wins for those QBs

Luck: 1
Tannehill: 0/ No qualification
RGIII: 0
Foles: 0
Cousins: 0

Wilson: 4. 1 Super Bowl Ring.

Yep, definitely belongs in the middle of the list.

Exittium

Reaction score
Here's the Issue I have with foles and everyone Media wise drooling over his stats.. He started da@mn near halfway through the season. I'm sorry but at that point it becomes common sense, which most analysts in the NFL lack, but if theres less numbers to average and your doing good against sh!t opponents, obviously crap like QBR is going to be higher and your gong to look good. I'm sorry but I dont think foles is all everyone thinks he is. Have him face a real team *ahem* and we'll make him wish he was back on the bench

Polaris

Reaction score
It may be early, but (especially given the eyepopping 7 picks this post season) I am starting to wonder if Andrew Luck might not be Peyton Manning 2.0, i.e. the Greatest QB of the Regular Season.

amill87

Reaction score
Luck is carrying the colts places they shouldn't be. That team is not a playoff team. It's a travesty their gm won executive of the year over anyone, but that's a whole nother topic.

Currently I see Luck kinda like Kaepernick. He can win you games and will likely win you quite a few. But there is also a good chance he will lose you games with bad decisions.

Although some want to, I think it's too early to know exactly what RG3, cousins, or Foles are gonna be.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Who cares....DangeRuss has something the rest don't have and now didn't get in their sophomore year in the NFL - he's got a SB ring. Many put Manning ahead of Brady, yet Brady has 3 SB rings. Same with Marino over Montana. Personally, I'd rather have SB rings than be proclaimed as the best on a subjective ranking by some mediots.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":ptaakkd3 said:
Wow, Heath Evans, just wow. When asked to redraft the 2012 QB class in retrospect, he and Daisy Dukes rank Tannehill at #2, over Wilson (at #4). :lol: :34853_doh:

Here is their list
1. Luck
2. Tannehill
3. Griffin
4. Wilson
5. Foles
6. Cousins

Wilson is at least #2, and Foles would be at least #3 in my book. Luck and Wilson are tied for #1/#2 to me.
This is what happens when one goes full retard. In what universe is Wilson number 4 given who's on that list?

Polaris

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1k5z5ukb said:
HunnyBadger":1k5z5ukb said:

Here is their list
1. Luck
2. Tannehill
3. Griffin
4. Wilson
5. Foles
6. Cousins

This is what happens when one goes full retard. In what universe is Wilson number 4 given who's on that list?

Yeah. This is why you never go 'full retard'.

Axx

Reaction score
1. Wilson
Has a SB NUFF SAID
2. FOLES
Is on fire as a pocket passer
3. Luck
Chokes in big games like Manning
4. Tannehill
Better tha the other 2
5. Cousins
still better than rg3
6. RG3
Went 4-12.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
RG3 I still see as a good pick at 2. He was rushed and was not in a good team. He has a lot of ability. A lot of people are high in tannehill I just don't see it. She does well against bad defenses. It comes IMO to performance under pressure. Luck , RG3 and Wilson all have it and had to work under pressure.

Given that metric as critical I would raise Wilson to number 2 behind luck.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1vox6jsm said:
I understand the disagreement w/ the article but I really hope people aren't all that bothered by this any longer.

We won the freaking big one. Russell's been injured (i'm thinking since @SF) and playing through it. His numbers dropped off right after the @SF game and that hit from Bowman.

Link to his injury?

drdiags

Reaction score
They do have to promote the NFL, since that is who owns the Network. Just so much Seahawks-centric airtime can be put up without losing viewers. Though that never stopped them when they gave us Cowboys/Tebow/Jets ad nauseam. Jamie Dukes is a different flavor of Sapp. His points just never make any sense to me. I really wish the networks would move away from the former jock turned analyst roles, though there are a few who do a really good job.

Covering the NFL has moved from solid analysis to some type of Hollywood tabloid type broadcast. I feel sorry for folks that have decades left to watch this stuff. Just change it over to Hunger Games and be done with it. Get off my yard!

drdiags

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":omvisu7g said:
E.C. Laloosh":omvisu7g said:

Link to his injury?

Look at Pete's interview yesterday after the rally. He mentioned that Wilson has had an issue since mid-season. I am sure folks picked this up, most likely PFT's Crabtree has written about it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1aoygcpz said:
E.C. Laloosh":1aoygcpz said:

Link to his injury?

I don't have a link to it (maybe check the pete videos on .com. I know he said it either during a presser or in a radio interview this week. Said Wilson's shoulder has been bothering him late in the year but he's fine and there's no concern there. Basically saying he played sore, like most NFL players do at some point in a season

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Exittium":uyi0p4je said:
Here's the Issue I have with foles and everyone Media wise drooling over his stats.. He started da@mn near halfway through the season. I'm sorry but at that point it becomes common sense, which most analysts in the NFL lack, but if theres less numbers to average and your doing good against sh!t opponents, obviously crap like QBR is going to be higher and your gong to look good. I'm sorry but I dont think foles is all everyone thinks he is. Have him face a real team *ahem* and we'll make him wish he was back on the bench

I agree, because he threw 7 TD's against the hapless Raiders defense and followed up with 3 TD's against a suspect GB defense all of a sudden he's amazing. The guy will come back down to earth next year after defenses have an opportunity to adjust.

He only had to play against 1 good defense all year in AZ where he threw 3 TD's.

He'll have to Play SEattle this year and the NFC West, along with a 1st place schedule (GB and CAR), so we'll see how great he is in year 2 of starting.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If Luck has another bad year ie under 60% completion percentage, a ton of turnovers/interceptions and continues to make horrible decisions at critical times will the media finally jump off? He's had a full two years of average play. Just compare Wilson's and Lucks stats....its not even close. I think Luck has a ton of talent and it wouldn't shock me if he becomes a top 5 guy but at this point it wouldn't shock me any more if he continues to play like he as his first two years. At this point you have to rank Wilson over Luck.

1. Wilson
2. Luck
3. RG3
4. Foles
5. Tannehill