Hawks wont sell playoff tickets to fans frm opposing markets

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":5l7rep7v said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/11/seahawks-announce-ticket-sales-for-nfc-title-game-to-restricted-addresses/

Never heard of anything like this before, but maybe it's common? Anyone heard of anything like this before?

Apologies if this is common knowledge and I'm just behind the times.

Wow. That's bogus.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Reduces the size of potential online scalpers and allows real local fans to get the face value tickets. Don't see a problem with it. Like the article says, you can still buy them on the secondary market if you want to go.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
That's fantastic. Our fans support the team and pay the bills. They should get those tickets.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2hbhxk5e said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/11/seahawks-announce-ticket-sales-for-nfc-title-game-to-restricted-addresses/

Never heard of anything like this before, but maybe it's common? Anyone heard of anything like this before?

Last week I tried to get tickets for The Pixies show in San Jose on Feb. 22. I live about 250 miles from San Jose, and when I went to the ticketmaster sale page, it said "tickets are only available to billing addresses within 200 miles of San Jose." I'd never seen that before, but I like it because it combats scalping. Plus I know plenty of people in the Bay Area any time I need tickets to anything :lol:

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ crazy. Thanks for the replies, and I guess that makes sense. Have a buddy in SoCal who is a Hawks fan (from Seattle) and was trying to buy tix to the saints game and didn't mention this. Maybe just because he couldn't get through anyway and had to go the scalper route.

OrFan

Reaction score
Popeyejones":254yw3y5 said:
^^^ crazy. Thanks for the replies, and I guess that makes sense. Have a buddy in SoCal who is a Hawks fan (from Seattle) and was trying to buy tix to the saints game and didn't mention this. Maybe just because he couldn't get through anyway and had to go the scalper route.

Or, they just don't want 49er fans there. Don't blame them really.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":vaq4zg95 said:
Popeyejones":vaq4zg95 said:

Wow. That's bogus.
They are doing you a favor. It would be quite embarrassing for you to leave the stadium in your Kraepper jersey after yet another loss. They are saving you the humiliation.
If the ninnies are lucky enough to beat Carolina that is.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Love it, lock out DB (I'm not talking about defensive backs) fans who wear red and gold. Ass hats.

lsheldon

Reaction score
It is tied to the teams designated media market. It is common in most professional sports when tickets are in high demand.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Really think this is chicken shit, you guys keep trying to convince everyone you don't need your 12th man to win, but all your actions say otherwise. How would you feel if the game was at somewhere else and even though you really wanted to see the game you couldn't because the home team was acting like this.

minormillikin

Reaction score
How does this keep brokers from buying them all and posting them on StubHub, as per usual?

(answer processing)

It doesn't.

lsheldon

Reaction score
There aren't going to be many tickets available. Probably around 200 like there was available for todays game. Those sold much quicker than reported by the media. I was logged on to ticketmaster 5 minutes before they went on sale, and at 10:00 AM couldn't even see any tickets for sale. They sold out that quick so I don't think this policy even makes a difference.

lsheldon

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":25og8txs said:
Really think this is chicken shit, you guys keep trying to convince everyone you don't need your 12th man to win, but all your actions say otherwise. How would you feel if the game was at somewhere else and even though you really wanted to see the game you couldn't because the home team was acting like this.

40-Whiners much?

Latest posts