Which officiating crews were extended?

stang233

Reaction score
Do we know which officiating crews were invited to the playoffs? Just seeing who didn't make the cut?

nsport

Reaction score
All I know is I hope Triplett's crew is back and doing all of our games. That is the first time all year I felt we actually got more favorable calls than the opposition!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
nsport":k3xg219a said:
All I know is I hope Triplett's crew is back and doing all of our games. That is the first time all year I felt we actually got more favorable calls than the opposition!

I dunno, seems like they missed a HUGE number of late hits and other such crap that the lambs were trying to get us to start fighting back. There should probably have been at least another half-dozen personal fouls and maybe an additional ejection.

Will I

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the officials have a "playoff" as well. For example, 4 crews start this week, then down to two for the championship game, and the best to the Super Bowl. Or is there going to be a different crew for every game in the post season?

Polaris

Reaction score
According to Footballzebras, our old friend "Triplette" is officiating one of those wildcard games, along with Hochuli, Vinovich, and Anderson. Don't know which Ref for which game or what the full crews are yet.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
AFC Wild Card: Chiefs at Colts, 4:30 p.m. (NBC)
Walt Anderson is the referee, who is in his 18th season and 11th as referee. This is Anderson’s 16th postseason assignment (8 Wild Card Playoffs, 2 Divisional Playoffs, 4 Conference Championships, and Super Bowls XXXV and XLV).
NFC Wild Card: Saints at Eagles, 8 p.m. (NBC)
Bill Vinovich is the referee, who is in his 8th year and 5th as referee. This is his 5th postseason assignment (2 Wild Card Playoffs, 2 Divisional Playoffs, and 1 Conference Championship).
AFC Wild Card: Chargers at Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Jeff Triplette is the referee, who is in his 18th season and 15th as referee. This is Triplette’s 13th postseason assignment (7 Wild Card Playoffs, 4 Divisional Playoffs, and 1 Conference Championship).
NFC Wild Card: 49ers at Packers, 4:30 p.m. (Fox)
Ed Hochuli is the referee. This is his 24th year as referee and 22nd as referee. This is Hochuli’s 22nd postseason assignment, the most of any active official (7 Wild Card Playoffs, 6 Divisional Playoffs, 7 Conference Championships, and Super Bowls XXXII and XXXVIII).
Football zebras post above. Each ref has a crew that is a mix of the other refs crews. Lots of mix in there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Stunning. Triplette, who overturned clear evidence on replay to wrongly award Cincy a 4th down touchdown, is being sent back to that very same stadium to call a game.

He was the same guy who boned the end of the Giants/Racist Skins with the whole first down, no it's not botch job, how did he actually qualify for the playoffs?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
It's absurd that Triplette gets a game at all, but at least this gets him out of the way so that we won't possibly get him next round. Now watch us get Mike Carey.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3drypmuh said:
Just don't let Leavy ref another Hawk playoff game ever.

I felt like he was the best ref we had all year.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":39fpoxbg said:
SalishHawkFan":39fpoxbg said:
Just don't let Leavy ref another Hawk playoff game ever.

I felt like he was the best ref we had all year.

Yeah his crew was one of the best all year. No question. That said, I'm not sure he has ever officiated a game in Seattle's stadium since XL and I'm not sure he ever will.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Also from Football zebras....the link above by the way....
It’s the final week of the regular season, and the officials will take the field not knowing if they are working their last game until August. The later playoff games are released to the officials after the Wild Card games.