NFL officiating crew under scrutiny after missed calls

Mizak

Reaction score

The officiating crew who messed up that Chiefs Packers game also fucced up the Falcons Saints game the week before.

see guys, it ain’t just the Seahawks that are getting screwed.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score

The officiating crew who messed up that Chiefs Packers game also fucced up the Falcons Saints game the week before.

see guys, it ain’t just the Seahawks that are getting screwed.
There are incompetent people in every profession. It is up to their supervisors to identify them and take action. That crew will be under extra scrutiny this week. That’s all we fans can ask for, but it certainly is a frustration when they change the outcome of the game. When the same crew does it over and over, that’s not acceptable.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
There are incompetent people in every profession. It is up to their supervisors to identify them and take action. That crew will be under extra scrutiny this week. That’s all we fans can ask for, but it certainly is a frustration when they change the outcome of the game. When the same crew does it over and over, that’s not acceptable.
Yet it’s acceptable - we still watch and they don’t do anything - it’s about money - nothing more nothing less.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I remember at wrestlemania 6 the ref missed a chair shot that cost the birdman Koko B Ware the win. I pretty much have the same faith in the nfl at this point....

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Yet it’s acceptable - we still watch and they don’t do anything - it’s about money - nothing more nothing less.
They are supervised, reviewed, retrained. Errors are inevitable. You understand that. We all accept that. But they must be held accountable. They are. The highest graded refs are rewarded with playoffs assignments. The worst graded refs are punished by not renewing their contracts next season. In 2018, one was fired mid season.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
They are supervised, reviewed, retrained. Errors are inevitable. You understand that. We all accept that. But they must be held accountable. They are. The highest graded refs are rewarded with playoffs assignments. The worst graded refs are punished by not renewing their contracts next season. In 2018, one was fired mid season.
You’d think over time it would get better - not worse - with all those airtight safeguards in place to correct for poor performance.

cymatica

Reaction score
It's strange that after seeing another PI that is literally impossible to miss on accident, people still think it's just incompetence or human error. It's like thinking politicians just make honest mistakes that result in more money in their pockets while screwing the average citizen

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
You’d think over time it would get better - not worse - with all those airtight safeguards in place to correct for poor performance.
I am watching Cowboys/Eagles games. Refs dropping flags all over the place.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
They'll just be scapegoats. The NFL can steer games because it's legally classified as sports entertainment, nothing will change.
No different than this stuff for the most part...
Vince Mcmahon Money GIF

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I am watching Cowboys/Eagles games. Refs dropping flags all over the place.
It’s obnoxious. It seems every Dallas game their o line can get away with holding but ticky tack secondary penalties against their opponents are called nonstop

ivotuk

Reaction score
I posted a while back that the NFL needs to STOP placing emphasis on certain fouls! It changes how referees call the game, they all call it differently, and it gives a bad referee an opportunity to influence a game any way they like.

The referees need to have the same rules every year in order for the refs to maintain consistency.

Most importantly, they need to be full time employees! And not paid mercenaries!

I believe the refs make 300k a year working a part time job. I'm sure they could find competent people at that rate.

If you haven't seen it, watch the Florio Simms podcast about reffing. A coach in the NFL texted Mike Flouride saying that the NFL needs full time refs.