49ers sign Ryan Seymour

Bprez3

Reaction score
Off the PS.

I know both the Seahawks and 49ers have been doing this a ton this year. I feel that this tactic is a little tired at this point

drdiags

Reaction score
Good for Seymour. He gets the rest of the season on the 53-man (cannot be released for 3-weeks if I remember correctly). He was drafted ahead of Bowie in the 7th but got beat out by him and the UDFA Guard I just blanked on. I didn't know the 9ers were short in this area. I know Iupati was dinged but figured he would be back soon. Seymour had some good reviews. I wish the freaking NFL would expand the rosters but I know that is ~385-500K/player and the owners need to balance the financials. Just a matter of how business is done.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Bprez3":c8q98sxh said:
Off the PS.

I know both the Seahawks and 49ers have been doing this a ton this year. I feel that this tactic is a little tired at this point

I don't know that it's a "tactic" as much as it's the fact that our teams are built very similarly, and are both packed with really good players. Both our front offices have capable scouts and we tend to draft pretty good players. Why wouldn't we raid each others' practice squads?

jblaze

Reaction score
They also signed WR/KR Wylie off our PS.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1hkimp65 said:
I don't know that it's a "tactic" as much as it's the fact that our teams are built very similarly, and are both packed with really good players. Both our front offices have capable scouts and we tend to draft pretty good players. Why wouldn't we raid each others' practice squads?

Agreed with this.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Also, if one is a Hawk's fan who hates the 9ers, they should probably like this move, as it means one of two things:

1) Things are worse for Iupati and his injury than has been imagined.

2) Things are worse for Tank Carradine (who was placed on IR which allowed for this move) and his injury than has been imagined.

Teams are poaching PS players all the time and they rarely if ever amount to anything. (Marcus Cooper being a notable exception, but even he has been falling apart as of late).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Maybe they'll train him up for us to grab for the playoffs and they can watch him do work for us like Lockette did. :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
He may get some real good experience in game situations so when they release him and he resigns he can compete :)

Jville

Reaction score
Seahawk press got very excited about Ryan Seymour during training camp. Described as showing the quickest feet of all linemen.

Seymour will have the benefit of a good line coach in Mike Solari. Solari may place a little more emphasis on good feet as a starting point.

Jville

Reaction score
jblaze":kj1wvmrk said:
They also signed WR/KR Wylie off our PS.

Wylie was released by Seahawks to make room for the resigning of DT Michael Brooks to the practice squad.

49ers then signed Devon Wylie to the 49er practice squad.

Latest posts