If (when) the Saints win tonight...

hawk45

Reaction score
Trying to ruin the perfect NFL night with that hypothetical?

I think you root for the Saints to make sure Niners are good and squashed in the NFCW, and because the Saints have to play Carolina twice it won't be their last chance to lose.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That's why we need Jerry's kids to win tonight, then we can hope for an ugly train wreck of a game next week and not care who wins. Above poster has a point though, Saints have to play Carolina twice still.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Saints. We will undress them at The Clink. Besides I hate the Cowboys only barely less then the Steelers, barely, maybe.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Mathematically, you'd root for the Niners. The loss today puts them too far behind to catch up. A loss to SF puts NO too far behind to catch up as well. Realistically, no way in hell I'm rooting for the Niners!

Barakas

Reaction score
Was hoping the Cowgirls would win tonight so the Saints could beat the 49ers next week. But, it appears Romo is up to his old stinking self so I'd rather the Saints beat the 49ers to put NFC West firmly in our grasp and beat the Saints at Home.

GCrow

Reaction score
Root for the Saints, let them build some momentum for the Monday nighter have all the talking heads say they are the hot team in the NFC....... then we absoultely crush them in PrimeTime baby!

OrFan

Reaction score
I think the idea of a tie between the N.O. crawdads and the whiners is a good one. That way both stay back, and we don't have to cheer for either.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
GCrow":1wj0mqpt said:
Root for the Saints, let them build some momentum for the Monday nighter have all the talking heads say they are the hot team in the NFC....... then we absoultely crush them in PrimeTime baby!
Agreed, we are past needing teams to lose.We control our own destiny.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
GCrow":385vc168 said:
Works for me. We are nails on MNF so that should drive Bayless nuts.

rsm650

Reaction score
Rooting for the Niners...#1 seed or bust (not really, but #1 seed for Seattle = 99% chance of going to Jersey).

Reaneypark

Reaction score
You want to have #1 seed sown up early, so I guess the Niners, but still if the Saints win I won't cry about it.

OP
OP
The Outfield

The Outfield

Reaction score
Reaneypark":zg4utb7d said:
You want to have #1 seed sown up early, so I guess the Niners, but still if the Saints win I won't cry about it.

Yeah, I'll probably be kind of indifferent to who wins, but hope that they wear each other out in the process :)

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
As has been pointed out, a 9ers win is probably the better long-term investment. Is it possible to hope for it without actively rooting for it? Really though, either team losing helps us from one angle or another, so I guess let's cheer for whoever made the schedule.