Why is the NFL the only major sport..

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Well, Seahawks shouldn't have too much trouble with that especially at home.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Because other sports suck and never sell out. If that rule was in place, those sports would die an ugly death. TV revenues are all they have.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3o0yjbb4 said:
The blackout rule is dumb. You can't convince me that not having your product on TV increases ticket sales.
Not to mention that the amount of money the league makes on their TV deals makes ticket sales less of a factor in the team's financial bottom line.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hummmm...do you suppose that the "marketing geniuses" in this nation haven't tested your perception? The decisions to "black out" a broadcast are not taken lightly. Many teams will purchase the last 5,000 tickets in order to put their product on television so that they may reap the profits of TV advertising.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":31vqmbbv said:
Hummmm...do you suppose that the "marketing geniuses" in this nation haven't tested your perception? The decisions to "black out" a broadcast are not taken lightly. Many teams will purchase the last 5,000 tickets in order to put their product on television so that they may reap the profits of TV advertising.
Except if there is no blackout rule then they get the TV advertising revenue without having to shell out money to buy those tickets.

C-Dub

Reaction score
I find it annoying that I cannot watch the games live online. I don't have cable, I don't want cable, and I don't want to deal with those evil cable companies. But since I live in Spokane, the games are blacked out online regardless of sellout.

NFL Mobile is only on Verizon, and I have AT&T (because unlimited is the shit). So that's not an option for me.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
Because of our amazingly effective and totally not heads-up-their-asses congress says so thats why.