anybody see the Texan fan burn the Shaub jersey?

gocougs789

Reaction score
What a dumbshit. He should have just lit the $200 on fire, it would have been a lot easier.

Phteven

Reaction score
I don't understand the hate for Schaub. I know that Schaub has made some bad decisions, but he's a solid quarterback who's taken the Texans to the playoffs two years straight. And he scored 20 points against the best defense in the NFL.

He did his job, as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, I know he threw a pick 6, but that means that JJ Watt and the Texans defense is responsible for 17 points. If they had done THEIR job, the Texans would have won.

M. Schaub 31/49 355 yrds 7.2 avg 2TDs 2INTs 4 Sacks 81.6 rtg

On paper, he played WAY better than Wilson, who threw for less than 200 yards and had 0 TDs and 1 INT.

Don't get me wrong, I know that Wilson won that game for us and that the intangibles matter. I'm just saying, Schaub shouldn't have to shoulder the blame for this loss alone. The defense had a lot of time to keep the Hawks from scoring. Schaub didn't suplex Baldwin, Kareem Jackson did. Schaub didn't allow Wilson to scramble for a first down on 4th and 6. Watt and his front 7 did.

This reminds me of when Hasselbeck was taking so much heat, or even back when Kreig would get blamed for every loss back in the 80s, but this is a team sport, and if the Texans were in a position where the pick 6 was the difference, the entire team wins or the entire team loses.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Made local news with video and all. Stupid move. Wasn't all Matt's fault. Kubiak already told the media that the play was called and Schaub wasn't given the option to change it.

Real reason. He was against the LOB.