a legitimate worry if you're a 49ers fan

davidonmi

Reaction score
Frank Gore, that's 2 straight week of nothing. Everything else I think they'll be fine with though as long as the injuries aren't serious.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Here's a more legitimate concern...

We destroyed Dallas' will in week 2 last year. Absolutely smashed them. Just like last night.

And they never recovered.

rlkats

Reaction score
Ya i agree the run game is BAAAD and es I also feal Davis and co quit long before the 4th

RichNhansom

Reaction score
It's going to be interesting to see how other teams defend against them. I think the GB game is a bad example partly because the way the defended but mostly because they never made a single adjustment even when it wasn't working in the slightest and the Niners obviously weren't running RO or pistol formations. GB needs to fire Dom Capers. He has to be the worst DC in the league.

I expect to see teams try and shut down Boldin going forward. That running game doesn't look nearly as potent as recent years. Double Boldin and you slow that offense down significantly.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1u48kq7f said:

We destroyed Dallas' will in week 2 last year. Absolutely smashed them. Just like last night.

Most cognizant point I have seen all day.

HawkWow

Reaction score
sadhappy":3lb4ev6u said:
Vernon Davis quit

I thought the same.

"Hmmm, getting tough in here, better I exit now. Last time, I woke up with Coach Jim sitting on my chest, playing with a jack-in-the-box. Man it's LOUD in here. I wish I had some pretzels". ~VD

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ugvrs7a said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1ugvrs7a said:

Most cognizant point I have seen all day.

If they somehow lose at home to the Colts next week, we'll know for a fact that real damage was done.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Gore has been in the league since 05 (8 years), he used to carry this team by himself for years ... He is a running back.
I hate to say it, but once you hit that age (30) as a RB, you can't carry a team anymore.
They drafted LaMichael James, but he has been injured.
I think the biggest difference between the Hawks and the 49ers is age.
Our skills players are younger and more dynamic. Their skills players are really not that young anymore (except for CK).
Every time we play them, we send some of their players out of the season.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd be concerned, because the niners have really deviated from their physical offensive identity. They gave us fits last year with their power inside running game.

I expect them to rebound, as they'll not be facing a defense like ours on a daily basis. But I can't help but think that San Fransisco has lost their way. And I tend to think that the expected success of their pistol heavy offense against lesser defenses is only going to cement that deviation from their physical past.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":6xpw7r2y said:
Seems like they went against the whole teams identity to satisfy one players skill set (kaepernick).

IIRC, they were doing read option stuff pre-Kaepernick, and his predecessor was an even more limited QB, so I don't think they changed too much, other than adding the Pistol, which really helped their running game as a byproduct. Kaepernick makes their run game way better, and he can get the ball deep, so I think he fits them like a glove.

Scotte nailed it the other day when he said Alex Smith lost his job after completing 90% of his passes in a game because he couldn't attack deep. I think Alex Smith went against the identity of the team, or at least, Kaepernick fit that identity better than Smith did.

Joey13091

Reaction score
I'll tell you now the game in San Francisco wont be like is for the Niners. After this game. I think we even beat them on the road. By 10

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Alot has been said about the toughness Singeltary installed in that team and I think Harbaugh walked into the absolute perfect situation with a team ready for a good coach and still disciplined from the previous one. They have seemed to get softer and softer as time has elapsed and I do believe there is a correlation.

I still believe Harbaugh will lose this team. The guy is just to whiny and immature. The saying goes that the team mimics it's coach and I believe we are already seeing it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Harbaugh is not going to lose his team. Seattle is just that much more talented, really a schematic nightmare for the Niners, and they don't have a real mechanism for the noise yet.

Kaepernick is going to have some damn good games coming up. That run game will get off the ground soon. The secondary is still vulnerable. Slot WR will tear up the third corner, nnamdi is average at best. No doubt some of the teams they face will be fired up to try some of the stuff they saw Seattle do to the Niners.

What a game, but still, just one game. THe Niners will lick their wounds, get ready for Indy, and punish Indy as Luck returns to the Bay. Last year a lot of people thought the Niners loss in Seattle meant something, and they went to the Bowl anyway.

rlkats

Reaction score
Great points scott. lesser teams than the niners won the bowl before Not saying the niners are going. But they have just a good chance as other teams. Yes they have issues to fix hopefully they can adress them. Luckilyfor my niners they dont face seattles D alot

The Radish

Reaction score
I think everyone is putting entirely to much emphasis on one game. The ninnirs had problems here twice but that doesn't mean that will continue with other teams.

We sucked and looked pretty much like shit at Carolina and look how we played at home against the ninnirs.

I too think Harbaugh would eventually lose the team if he continued his actions like last year. But no one seemed to notice he was really on his best behavior Sunday night even tho his team was getting run over. I think he must have had some comments from people he cares about over the winter and perhaps got some help for it.

Do I like him? hell no, but I think he's a really good coach. I knew little about him except for his time at Chi-Town where he was a complete jerk and even his teammates didn't like him.

Now, he's an NFL coach with so far good credentials except for being to passionate about his team. We will see about the rest. Eddie DiBartillo is the last person I saw that was that passionate about the ninnirs and the NFL quietly behind the scenes got him out. So we will see.

:les:

Latest posts