Vernon Davis Injured (Hamstring)

MrCarey

Reaction score
Davis left Sunday night's game in the middle of the fourth quarter with a hamstring injury, Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports. He is not expected to return and finishes his night with three catches for 20 yards.

Davis was streaking down the sidelines for a long pass and pulled up lame after Richard Sherman intercepted it. He remained on the sidelines with an icepack wrap but will be re-evaluated first thing Monday to see the extent of the injury.

I had no idea he even left the game, because he was such a non-factor the entire time, and I was more focused on our defenders making a play and screaming the entire time. He really doesn't do well at CenturyLink, does he? I think Sherman injured his ego so much it hurt his hammy.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
If he is out any time that will really hurt. Boldin is Ok against most teams but Davis can be special. The rookie TE they have looks like a beast ( can't remember his name)

rlkats

Reaction score
DAMIT this game sucked for my niners in every way ugh.

sutz

Reaction score
Oh-Oh, the Niners didn't have many weapons to begin with. That could be major for the team going forward.

OP
OP
MrCarey

MrCarey

Reaction score
rlkats":o8m8ydkq said:
DAMIT this game sucked for my niners in every way ugh.

Yeah, next week is going to be rough going in with just Boldin. Their defense is most definitely not as good as the Hawks' D, so I'm sure Gore will be able to run a lot better, but that's gonna be a rough one. Luckily for your sake, it's at home.

rlkats

Reaction score
Ya I hope all will be well with Davis and Reed but im not holding my breath. I like the new TE MCdonald he is strong and will be good one day

HawkWow

Reaction score
sutz":27mmlexi said:
Oh-Oh, the Niners didn't have many weapons to begin with. That could be major for the team going forward.

This.

And why I don't want to hear anymore whining from their camp. Harbaugh decided to forego what some would call "sexy picks". instead choosing to add to their (already impressive) defense with 3 of their first 4 picks. Great picks, IMO, but don't be shocked when you struggle with better defenses.

"But we had Crabtree". Putting all your eggs in the basket of Crabtree wasn't brilliant either. It's not like he was stringing successful years together. Perhaps a smarter play would have been to work a deal to get a Deandre Hopkins or even a Robert Woods to complement Crabtree, instead you went Reid and Tank. Manningham is a pedestrian WR, as is Boldin. Other than your QB, there's very few explosive players on your roster.

Gore is toast, I saw it at the end of last year. James is a fun little back that can be explosive but he is...little. You grabbed Lattimore, which was an incredible pick, IMO, but not for this year. As Sutz says....you didn't have many weapons to begin with and IMO, have only yourselves to blame. Time to part ways with the old and slow. Might as well do it now and hope to catch the next window. Your current window just closed.

rlkats

Reaction score
Window closed?? Well the Niners might as well quit playing cause there is no point lol. The ravens won it all last year on the same shoulders with players like the Niners have. Older yes but experienced. Yes they should have been better on drafting on off. and why did the Niners window close because we lost to a great team in a very hostile environment ok I see. Luckily the rest of the league does not hold a candle to the 12. and besides the rams and hawks are the two of the FEW teams that match up against us well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
rlkats":1tcf8vqt said:
Window closed?? Well the Niners might as well quit playing cause there is no point lol. The ravens won it all last year on the same shoulders with players like the Niners have. Older yes but experienced. Yes they should have been better on drafting on off. and why did the Niners window close because we lost to a great team in a very hostile environment ok I see. Luckily the rest of the league does not hold a candle to the 12. and besides the rams and hawks are the two of the FEW teams that match up against us well.

I added the window thing for enhanced dramatization. Felt the earlier portions of my post, while packed with substance, lacked the flash and pizazz most crave after a such a victory.

To be fair, I won't say with all certainty that your window is absolutely closed. But I will say that you will (probably) have to win on the road in the play-offs. That quite possibly could mean a return to Seattle. Which...well, you know.

rlkats

Reaction score
Oh I see and agree we have a lot of bs to fix.

HawkWow

Reaction score
rlkats":rki4tri4 said:

All hated rivalry stuff aside. You're a damn good football team. Not every team has the physicality of our secondary...in fact, none do.

We did exactly what you guys need to do. We built the team to beat the 9ers. You need to build one to beat the Hawks.

Your schedule isn't murderous, you have a great defense, an explosive QB and I am confident you guys are going to finish better than .500.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
HawkWow":1dwxxnfj said:
rlkats":1dwxxnfj said:

All hated rivalry stuff aside. You're a damn good football team. Not every team has the physicality of our secondary...in fact, none do.

We did exactly what you guys need to do. We built the team to beat the 9ers. You need to build one to beat the Hawks.

Your schedule isn't murderous, you have a great defense, an explosive QB and I am confident you guys are going to finish better than .500.

Wow! I feel so much better getting your stamp of approval on our chances this year. Week two and you are already making predictions? Keep in mind while you're forming your opinions that you whipped our asses last year at home and still didn't get home field in the playoffs. You have 14 more games to play and your road schedule appears to be tougher than last year (IMO). Good thing your teams heads aren't as inflated as yours or they would never get thier helmets on...............LOL

HawkWow

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":wdwngtjs said:
HawkWow":wdwngtjs said:
rlkats":wdwngtjs said:

Wow! I feel so much better getting your stamp of approval on our chances this year. Week two and you are already making predictions? Keep in mind while you're forming your opinions that you whipped our asses last year at home and still didn't get home field in the playoffs. You have 14 more games to play and your road schedule appears to be tougher than last year (IMO). Good thing your teams heads aren't as inflated as yours or they would never get thier helmets on...............LOL

Keep this between us, but I was secretly "making predictions" before the pre-season even started. Some crazy shit, innit?

Your tormentor, Richard Sherman, so eloquently pointed out that "football is a game of levels, we are on a different level". If I were you, I'd spend more time worrying about the Colts and Rams. Teams on your level.

You must knoooow your level, to chaaaaange your level, young grasshopper.

BTW, if not in such a beaten down tizzy, you would have seen that I said some very complimentary tings about your team. Compliments you chose to ignore, instead, you went for the one line that was clearly said in humor. I prefer NOT to use emoticons like sarcasm and the likes. Instead I prefer to believe that there are some that can still think on their own. Was I wrong?

rlkats

Reaction score
Hawkwow thanks and I agree we will battle in the playoffs and hopefully we get back to our identity. Thanks for the classy post.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Rlkats, You are welcome, now take off and go troll at another team's board. I'm sure they will be thrilled to hear of your teams success in the 90's.

This rivalry is going to only become more intense. Both clubs are elite but the Seahawks appear to be coming on at present while the 49ers are beginning
to slip. Injuries, and age, are affecting your team more than you may be ready to acknowledge. The 9ers are a very good team and will make some noise but the NFC-W is now going to need to come through Seattle.

Your team won the division last year by 1/2 a game and if their had been a playoff for the division I 'm not sure the 49ers would have won it. Lots of football left and many things can happen, but we were missing quite a few key pieces of the team as were the 9ers. Can't wait for the rematch.

Until then hope your team stays relatively injury free as I would not want to allow an excuse if they get beaten in your house. Please come back then as we will still for the most part be reasonable in discussion. For now we are allowed to gloat

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I know there's a bias to assume that Sherman made an amazing play and Kaep is a horrible QB, but if you watch a replay of Sherman's pick, Davis pulled his hamstring and pulled up while the ball was in the air. That's why the pick was totally uncontested and why Vernon wasn't there. You can see him grabbing his hamgstring and limping off after the play.

It of course still could have ended up a pick, but that's the play it happened on.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Could it be the Niners need to be reminded, it isn't the fall that hurts you! It's the sudden stop that does the damage.

rlkats

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2mgl2lu5 said:
Rlkats, You are welcome, now take off and go troll at another team's board. I'm sure they will be thrilled to hear of your teams success in the 90's.

This rivalry is going to only become more intense. Both clubs are elite but the Seahawks appear to be coming on at present while the 49ers are beginning
to slip. Injuries, and age, are affecting your team more than you may be ready to acknowledge. The 9ers are a very good team and will make some noise but the NFC-W is now going to need to come through Seattle.

Your team won the division last year by 1/2 a game and if their had been a playoff for the division I 'm not sure the 49ers would have won it. Lots of football left and many things can happen, but we were missing quite a few key pieces of the team as were the 9ers. Can't wait for the rematch.

Until then hope your team stays relatively injury free as I would not want to allow an excuse if they get beaten in your house. Please come back then as we will still for the most part be reasonable in discussion. For now we are allowed to gloat

Wow well for one im not trolling and two ya you have a right to gloat and three i never said shit about the 90's you did. I said get back to our identity which is power runnng with some passing not this long ball crap that is begining to happen.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":37n7pc7o said:
I know there's a bias to assume that Sherman made an amazing play and Kaep is a horrible QB, but if you watch a replay of Sherman's pick, Davis pulled his hamstring and pulled up while the ball was in the air. That's why the pick was totally uncontested and why Vernon wasn't there. You can see him grabbing his hamgstring and limping off after the play.

It of course still could have ended up a pick, but that's the play it happened on.

No, he didn't pull a hammy. It's called a Kammy... The Kammy is an extremely common condition that effects many elite players when they face the Seahawks... an injury that most commonly crops-up when ever Kam Chancellor flashes through their peripheral vision...