Vernon Davis Injured (Hamstring)

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":py9vb95q said:
Popeyejones":py9vb95q said:
I know there's a bias to assume that Sherman made an amazing play and Kaep is a horrible QB, but if you watch a replay of Sherman's pick, Davis pulled his hamstring and pulled up while the ball was in the air. That's why the pick was totally uncontested and why Vernon wasn't there. You can see him grabbing his hamgstring and limping off after the play.

It of course still could have ended up a pick, but that's the play it happened on.

No, he didn't pull a hammy. It's called a Kammy... The Kammy is an extremely common condition that effects many elite players when they face the Seahawks... an injury that most commonly crops-up when ever Kam Chancellor flashes through their peripheral vision...
Very nice, LawlessHawk. Spot on analysis.

PopeyeJones... if the ball was already in the air, it therefore was the very throw CK intended to make. Too, you're dismissing Sherman's ability to make a play on the ball no matter where Davis is or where the ball was placed. You're making excuses. Sherman is All-Pro. He made a great play. Give him credit. No one is saying that CK is a horrible QB. Inferior to #3? I would personally contend that he is... and he's not alone there. Horrible? I wouldn't say that and I don't ever remember reading anyone on .net saying he is an outright horrible QB. I think you're injecting too much drama there.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2hsj7011 said:
LawlessHawk":2hsj7011 said:
Popeyejones":2hsj7011 said:
I know there's a bias to assume that Sherman made an amazing play and Kaep is a horrible QB, but if you watch a replay of Sherman's pick, Davis pulled his hamstring and pulled up while the ball was in the air. That's why the pick was totally uncontested and why Vernon wasn't there. You can see him grabbing his hamgstring and limping off after the play.

It of course still could have ended up a pick, but that's the play it happened on.

No, he didn't pull a hammy. It's called a Kammy... The Kammy is an extremely common condition that effects many elite players when they face the Seahawks... an injury that most commonly crops-up when ever Kam Chancellor flashes through their peripheral vision...

PopeyeJones... if the ball was already in the air, it therefore was the very throw CK intended to make. Too, you're dismissing Sherman's ability to make a play on the ball no matter where Davis is or where the ball was placed. You're making excuses. Sherman is All-Pro. He made a great play. Give him credit. No one is saying that CK is a horrible QB. Inferior to #3? I would personally contend that he is... and he's not alone there. Horrible? I wouldn't say that and I don't ever remember reading anyone on .net saying he is an outright horrible QB. I think you're injecting too much drama there.

Didn't claim otherwise, I was pointing out that this is the play it happened on and Vernon pulled up when he pulled it, making the INT uncontested.

As for injecting drama, how in the world am I dismissing it when I went out of my way in the last sentence of my post to say "of course it still could have ended up a pick"? Maybe you missed that or it's just easier to argue with what you wish I'd said rather than what I said? I dunno.

As for "horrible", yeah, that was rhetorical. Overall I think your guys' hatred of Kaep is kinda weird, but IIRC Ducati is the only person who repeatedly tries to argue that he's horrible.

rjas77

Reaction score
Fact is he didn't even try to battle for that ball. It could be argued that VD quit like the rest of his team did a that juncture of the game.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":361rehqr said:
TeamoftheCentury":361rehqr said:
LawlessHawk":361rehqr said:
Popeyejones":361rehqr said:

Didn't claim otherwise, I was pointing out that this is the play it happened on and Vernon pulled up when he pulled it, making the INT uncontested.

As for injecting drama, how in the world am I dismissing it when I went out of my way in the last sentence of my post to say "of course it still could have ended up a pick"? Maybe you missed that or it's just easier to argue with what you wish I'd said rather than what I said? I dunno.

As for "horrible", yeah, that was rhetorical. Overall I think your guys' hatred of Kaep is kinda weird, but IIRC Ducati is the only person who repeatedly tries to argue that he's horrible.

I never said he was horrible, I said, and still contend, that he is a one read then run qb. He was sacked while staring down his first read a couple times. The difference this year is that he doesn't have a wr that can consistently get open while he waits.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Popeyejones":efz5zwer said:
TeamoftheCentury":efz5zwer said:
LawlessHawk":efz5zwer said:
Popeyejones":efz5zwer said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.