Aaron Curry retires

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Did he really retire? Yikes. Of course I'm not surprised. He gave up on the field all the time, why shouldn't he give up the NFL within days of finding out no one wants him right now?

I don't think Shaun Alexander has even officially retired yet.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1zr3vqee said:
Should be a shoe-in for the ring of honor yeah?

By ring of honor, you mean the one around the bottom of the urinals at CLink, right? i'd be all for putting his name on one of those. Actually, i'd go out of my way to find the urinal with Aaron Curry's name on it so I could have the honor of christening him 2 or 3 times a game...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think that shtick is getting pretty old, Peaches. I may explain jokes once in a while, but holy Christ, the number of jokes that Peaches & Pe have flat-out driven into the ground over and over and over and over and over and over and over is significantly higher.

More to the point, however; this makes the top 10 least-shocking pieces of news from 2013. Remember when we drafted him and he got that nickname "The Judge"? Rofl...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CANHawk":133iudjz said:
Hasselbeck":133iudjz said:
Should be a shoe-in for the ring of honor yeah?

By ring of honor, you mean the one around the bottom of the urinals at CLink, right? i'd be all for putting his name on one of those. Actually, i'd go out of my way to find the urinal with Aaron Curry's name on it so I could have the honor of christening him 2 or 3 times a game...

That would be hilarious.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Aaron Curry- 163 tackles for roughly 30M (contract initially was for 34M guaranteed but he took a pay cut in 2011).. that equates to rougly 184k per tackle.. Potential was a great thing in the old CBA for rookies.

CANHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":6o5q4259 said:
I think that shtick is getting pretty old, Peaches. I may explain jokes once in a while, but holy Christ, the number of jokes that Peaches & Pe have flat-out driven into the ground over and over and over and over and over and over and over is significantly higher.

More to the point, however; this makes the top 10 least-shocking pieces of news from 2013. Remember when we drafted him and he got that nickname "The Judge"? Rofl...

Isn't there somebody here still rockin' an "Aaron 'The Judge' Curry" signature? I lol a little whenever I see that...

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2opjlbzo said:

That's right, iRo. Here here! Keep up the good fight.

Oh, but Hasselbeck himself brings this up too. You may want to remind him the jokes old. We certainly don't need people laughing at themselves around here.

Atradees

Reaction score
That is baffling. How could a guy supposedly with so much upside throw in the towel on a multimillion dollar career?

Isnt Rick Mirer still a back up somewhere? Now there is a guy who could milk it.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Atradees":161vgczc said:
That is baffling. How could a guy supposedly with so much upside throw in the towel on a multimillion dollar career?

Isnt Rick Mirer still a back up somewhere? Now there is a guy who could milk it.

Because he realized no NFL team would sign him anymore.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Atradees":1zbrydli said:
Alright- so where did he go wrong? Lazy-addicted? what? He had all the physical tools.

Game was too fast for him. Alternatively, he had one "move". Straight.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Barthawk":cr7qjga6 said:
Aaron Curry- 163 tackles for roughly 30M (contract initially was for 34M guaranteed but he took a pay cut in 2011).. that equates to rougly 184k per tackle.. Potential was a great thing in the old CBA for rookies.

Yikes, I didn't realize it was THAT bad. Yeah, Aaron Curry is one of the poster boys for why they created the rookie wage scale.

pehawk

Reaction score
Atradees":2ng6lusd said:
Alright- so where did he go wrong? Lazy-addicted? what? He had all the physical tools.

I think it was all mental with him. He was just too easy to exploit on play-fakes or in contain.

Plus, he never should've been selected that high. He was average, at best rushing the passer in college. It's reasonable to take a LB that high, but he better be a pass rusher too.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1xlezceo said:
Atradees":1xlezceo said:

Game was too fast for him. Alternatively, he had one "move". Straight.
And he was great at that. He must have flown by hundreds of QB and running backs without touching them.

kf3339

Reaction score
So Curry retires. Funny, but I thought he retired after he signed his original contract with us.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Never will stop being shocked by how hard Curry bombed.

Like everyone else, at the time I thought he was the safest pick in that draft class.

Largent80

Reaction score
Me too. I was pretty happy that we got him, but lawdy, at that pick?

I kept thinking it would click for him but the only thing clicking for him was his money clip.