Something I've Noticed

cubbyhawkfan

Reaction score
I just read a twitter news thing that says that FS Jairious Byrd of the Bills may be open to being traded if he doesn't get a long term deal worked out this season.Well that got me thinking and unless i've missed something I haven't heard of any Seahawks wanting to be traded the past few seasons since atleast Carrol/Schneider got here.Its nice not having that kind of distraction as a team,heck I haven't really even seen some of our better players wanting to hold out or demand larger contracts its a huge load of our front offices shoulders thats for sure

dontbelikethat

Reaction score

sutz

Reaction score
I don't think the Moffitt quote ever got out until he was in Cleveland. They keep that kind of thing under wraps pretty well. Amazing in the twitter age.

seatownboy

Reaction score
Moffit doesn't count as a starter, and isn't near the same situation that Byrd is in buffalo. Still can believe Buffalo releasing the best backup quarterback in the nfl for nothing. Stupid coaches cant evaluate there own talent, why do they even pay these fools!

sutz

Reaction score
Veilside":1c8ky7n9 said:
Clemons held out
IIRC, he only skipped a couple of voluntary workouts. Not really a holdout.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Pretty safe bet to say Flynn had requested a trade at some point. No such thing as a perfect locker room but we're definitely ahead of the curve when it comes to preventing issues from metastasizing.

rideaducati

Reaction score
It seems that fringe guys and guys that want starting jobs handed to them don't like it in Seattle.

seatownboy

Reaction score
This topic got me thinking that the bills don't take care of there players that well. Off the top of my head there was that LT the eagles got, Clements, Lynch and now Byrd. In like what the past 6 years? How can they sign fail free agents to monster contracts and not take care of the productive players they have?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Yes, to the OP. Distractions like publicly asking for trades has gone down to the point of nearly nonexistent. Those types of things usually belie some kind of instability in an organization. Good observation. Even if Moffitt and Flynn had those conversations with management, they did so in private.

Rule #1: protect the team

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Byrd was simply using the media to make his statement about what he wants the Bills to do... to pay him for what he has accomplished.

Problem is... he has not replicated what he accomplished during his rookie year (2009, 9 INTs).

And yes, I'm glad that we don't have similar distractions on our team.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Well...usually that kind of stuff only happens on BAD teams.

Teams with good locker rooms don't really put up with that stuff...so be happy that you don't hear much complaining from Seattle players.

Typically, good organizations take care of their players and players know that at some point it will either be "their turn" or the team will let them walk.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
onanygivensunday":36j0vrxp said:
Byrd was simply using the media to make his statement about what he wants the Bills to do... to pay him for what he has accomplished.

Problem is... he has not replicated what he accomplished during his rookie year (2009, 9 INTs).

And yes, I'm glad that we don't have similar distractions on our team.

It's hard to judge a safety based on picks.

Dude has the most range and ball-hawking skills of anyone other than Earl Thomas. He deserves to be paid as such.