Ryan Swope the next concussion bust?

Scottemojo

Reaction score

Throwdown

Reaction score
The fact he ended up in the NFC West isn't going to help either if he does make the team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Throwdown":1sr0sw43 said:
KCHawkGirl":1sr0sw43 said:
Well that sucks.

Not really, better a Cardinal than a Seahawk :)
I get what you mean but I hate any player getting concussions or it being such an issue that it effectively ends a career. Worse is one that never got started. But yeah better any player for any team other than the Seahawks.

kearly

Reaction score
What's weird is that Swope never missed a game because of concussions. At least in the case of Jahvid Best (and I LOVED Best), his concussions looked horrific when they occurred and he missed quite a bit of time from them during college.

I was worried about Swope's future health, because he plays the game hard and he earns those concussions with his intense style of play (especially in the NFC West), but I would not have guessed that he'd have issues before taking the field for his first NFL down. I'm as surprised by that as the Cardinals are.

And though I would have liked to see Swope do well and you'd never wish for injuries, I think this is probably good news for us as Seahawks fans. A healthy Ryan Swope could be a pain in the ass for years to come.