James Harrison

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
James Harrison
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:25 pm
  • I know this is probably blasphemy, but I would love to see James Harrison in a Seahawks uniform next year. Tell me that intensity doesn't fit in PERFECTLY with this team. I realize that he is 34 years old, but I think he could be had for a reasonable 1-3 year deal if he knows he was playing on a team with a chance to win another ring. He is still playing at a fairly high level (70 tackles and 6.0 sacks in 13 games this season). I think for sure he would be an upgrade over Leroy Hill. Maybe not an every down player at this stage of his career, but would be very good in pass rush situations.

He does have two years left on his deal as of right now. However the Steelers are a projected 10 million dollars over the cap going into next year, and have a whopping $34.5 million tied up in three linebackers (Harrison, Woodley and Timmons). They are going to have to make some cuts and there have reportedly already been rumblings he may be a Steelers cap casualty after the season is over.

Agree or disagree that he would be a good addition to this defense?

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Re: James Harrison
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:30 pm
  • Good rule of thumb on these potential FA questions; "would the Arizona Cardinals do it?"

In this case, the Cardinals most certainly would.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:36 pm
  • So you're saying that if the Arizona Cardinals would make a play for a certain player that we should avoid them? If that is the case I'm not sure I'd understand the logic there. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:So you're saying that if the Arizona Cardinals would make a play for a certain player that we should avoid them? If that is the case I'm not sure I'd understand the logic there. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying.

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm saying. It's the kind of move Arizona does, and has done, of late.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:56 pm
  • I say let's keep the defense young. (not counting our our most recent DE pickup)
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 pm
  • I would sign a 34 year old free agent. If he was Peyton Manning. Not James Harrison.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 pm
  • Don't care that much about Harrison.

It is SWEET to see the Steelers crumbling though. They are gonna suck next year, and I am gonna freaking LOVE IT.

When's the Seahawk Steeler rematch?
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:25 am
  • Lets see, you are suggesting we grab a player that has an NFL "penalize me" sign on his back?

The same one that's bound to get suspended soon for ignoring all warning about dirty tactics?

I think there's something wrong with your picture.

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:38 am
  • No.
    Never.
    Go away.
    Wait, come back.
    I dunno.
    Whatever.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:55 am
  • I honestly don't see anything that he brings at this point in his career that we couldn't already get from someone younger and cheaper.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:18 am
  • Eew. Sorry.

No way in hell.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:38 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:No.
    Never.
    Go away.
    Wait, come back.
    I dunno.
    Whatever.

Abused spouse syndrome? Or just long-time Seahawks fan syndrome?
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:53 am
  • There have been some dumb ideas on .NET. This is top 5.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:There have been some dumb ideas on .NET. This is top 5.

Almost as bad as wanting to sign Vince Young.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:09 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:No.
    Never.
    Go away.
    Wait, come back.
    I dunno.
    Whatever.

Abused spouse syndrome? Or just long-time Seahawks fan syndrome?

It's definitely one or the other. Or both. Or neither. Too hard to tell anymore.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:59 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:There have been some dumb ideas on .NET. This is top 5.

Really?? Give me a break. It's not the best idea on .NET, but saying it's one of the worst is laughable. Do I think he could come in as an every down player? No, and I said as much in my original post. But he fits the intimidating and physical mentality and style of this team's play, and despite his age would be an upgrade over Leroy Hill (did you watch him play this year?) I stand by what I originally wrote.

There's a difference between Vince Young and James Harrison. Young is a total head case that cannot play quality football anymore. Harrison is a psycho but still plays good football the majority of the time.

IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:08 pm
  • Harrison's physicality is not the issue. First of all, he's a dirty Stealer, and the fans would have beef. Secondly, he's a flag magnet. He's a flagnet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:15 pm
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:There have been some dumb ideas on .NET. This is top 5.

Really?? Give me a break. It's not the best idea on .NET, but saying it's one of the worst is laughable. Do I think he could come in as an every down player? No, and I said as much in my original post. But he fits the intimidating and physical mentality and style of this team's play, and despite his age would be an upgrade over Leroy Hill (did you watch him play this year?) I stand by what I originally wrote.

There's a difference between Vince Young and James Harrison. Young is a total head case that cannot play quality football anymore. Harrison is a psycho but still plays good football the majority of the time.

No he doesn't. He fits the mold of dumb brick being hurled at someone else's head. He's also part of a 3-4 defense so he's not a schematic fit. You can stand by it, but you might as well suggest we sign Ben Roethlisberger, too. When it comes to hated Steelers, Harrison is one of the worst.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:34 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:There have been some dumb ideas on .NET. This is top 5.

No he doesn't. He fits the mold of dumb brick being hurled at someone else's head. He's also part of a 3-4 defense so he's not a schematic fit. You can stand by it, but you might as well suggest we sign Ben Roethlisberger, too. When it comes to hated Steelers, Harrison is one of the worst.

So then regardless of whether or not they're a player that would help improve our team (Harrison aside, this is a separate issue) you would not take a Steeler on this team next year simply from principle? What about Mike Wallace?

IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:50 pm
  • I would love Harrison to be a Seahawk for 2 year contract.

The reason is because he is a Vet. and can teach Irvin and (Someone from the draft). Mentor and help them out.

JH is a still a good Pass Rusher, and we still seem to have problems Rushing the QB with Irvin and Clemons.
    Carmon1274
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:52 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Harrison's physicality is not the issue. First of all, he's a dirty Stealer, and the fans would have beef. Secondly, he's a flag magnet. He's a flagnet.

Like Breno right, thats why he's still playing for us.

Wait you think PC and JS cares about dirty Stealer and you think they care about Flag magnet and flagnet?

Breno?

DUH
    Carmon1274
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:05 pm
  • No. Please, no.

Arguably the dirtiest player in the NFL over the last 10 years who is now 34. Sounds like a horrible idea to me.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:20 pm
  • Gah, my eyes! Like 2girls1cup, I can never un-see this thread.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:34 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:Gah, my eyes! Like 2girls1cup, I can never un-see this thread.

You should check out 1guy1cup.

***SHUDDERS***

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:52 pm
  • Nope. Over the hill asshole ex-Stealer. That dude would not mentor anyone except in how to be a dissident prick IMHO.
    Slick
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:19 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:No. Please, no.

Arguably the dirtiest player in the NFL over the last 10 years who is now 34. Sounds like a horrible idea to me.

Whatttttt

when Hawk fans love Dockett and Suh in a seahawk uniform?
    Carmon1274
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:20 am
  • Slick wrote:Nope. Over the hill asshole ex-Stealer. That dude would not mentor anyone except in how to be a dissident prick IMHO.

And Sherman is acting like a prick also so............
    Carmon1274
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:19 am
    Sarlacc83 wrote:

So then regardless of whether or not they're a player that would help improve our team (Harrison aside, this is a separate issue) you would not take a Steeler on this team next year simply from principle? What about Mike Wallace?

Note how I said hated Steelers. Wallace doesn't fall into that category because A) He's a genuinely good young player and more importantly B) he wasn't around for super sham XL.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:02 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:

Note how I said hated Steelers. Wallace doesn't fall into that category because A) He's a genuinely good young player and more importantly B) he wasn't around for super sham XL.

I hate the Steelers as much as anybody, and will for the rest of my life. Much of it stems from Super Bowl XL and how that went down. However, I also realize this hated is almost completely unreasonable. The Steelers did not talk a lot of trash leading up to the Super Bowl, nor did they afterwards. They weren't dirty during that game. They took advantage of an "unfair" situation and won the game as a result. I know that my hatred should be more towards the ref crew that was in the stadium that day. Not the players that were on the field.

Since then I have learned to hate Rapistberger for new reasons, like he's one of the worst humans on the planet. However, to say that you would not take a player from the Steelers Super Bowl XL team if they were still a good player and would upgrade the Hawks, simply because they were a member of that team is just fucking stupid.

IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:17 am
    Sarlacc83 wrote:

I hate the Steelers as much as anybody, and will for the rest of my life. Much of it stems from Super Bowl XL and how that went down. However, I also realize this hated is almost completely unreasonable. The Steelers did not talk a lot of trash leading up to the Super Bowl, nor did they afterwards. They weren't dirty during that game. They took advantage of an "unfair" situation and won the game as a result. I know that my hatred should be more towards the ref crew that was in the stadium that day. Not the players that were on the field.

Since then I have learned to hate Rapistberger for new reasons, like he's one of the worst humans on the planet. However, to say that you would not take a player from the Steelers Super Bowl XL team if they were still a good player and would upgrade the Hawks, simply because they were a member of that team is just fucking stupid.

The only person saying stupid things is the person suggesting Harrison would be an upgrade on this team for the reason I already mentioned. He's not a scheme fit. And he's old. Give it up. You knew you were going to get flak for this and now you're getting all pissy when you got what you expected (because you knew it was a bad idea in the first place.)

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    The only person saying stupid things is the person suggesting Harrison would be an upgrade on this team for the reason I already mentioned. He's not a scheme fit. And he's old. Give it up. You knew you were going to get flak for this and now you're getting all pissy when you got what you expected (because you knew it was a bad idea in the first place.)

Wrong, I still think that he would be an upgrade over an obviously slowed Leroy Hill. Are there better options out there, yes obviously there are. However I would still take Harrison on this team for a two year deal.

I'm not getting pissy because people disagree with my stance on Harrison. That's fine. I'm calling you out on your ridiculous idea that you wouldn't take a former Steelers player on principle because they played in Super Bowl XL. The argument has changed from my OP. Cheers.

IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information