Sean Payton staying with the Saints

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
After days of deliberation, I'm told that #Saints coach Sean Payton isn't going anywhere. He and GM Mickey Loomis agreed he's staying. Wow

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marvin's tears, in a wine glass. Pronto.

Jville

Reaction score
Indianapolis and now New Orleans staying put.

Loomis and Payton are faced with the need to work together on digging themselves out from under the cap hell they created. Should make for interesting theater.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Official.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/684829061156220928[/tweet]

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
"Hello? Is that Mike Shanahan?"

"Yes"

"Hi Mike. Listen, we'd like you to be our Head Coach. You were our fourth, errrr, I mean first choice. Would you be interested?

"What's the catch?"

"Well, Trent would like to continue coaching the DB's. He'd also like to make all the personnel decisions. He says he's found this great prospect in the draft who can have a big impact in 2016 before retiring in the off-season."

"Can I pick my own defensive coordinator?"

"Well.... we'd rather not get rid of Eric Mangini. His wife bakes you see. Trent and I love her flapjacks. They're made out of muesli."

"Well what about my own offensive coordinator?"

"Well.... we've found this great guy you see. Lives locally. Steve Sarkisian he's called. We met with him last night over a Budweiser and he did a great job breaking down his favourite play using beer mats for receivers and a salt pot as the quarterback. Fantastic karaoke voice too."

"Yeah... wait... you're breaking up... CCCHHHHHHHWWWWW... I think you must be going through a tunnel... CCCCHHHWWWWW...."

"Mike? MIKE?"

**Dororthy, get Jim Mora on the phone. Tell him it's the Giants so he doesn't hang up.**

chris98251

Reaction score
Heard he took a paycut not to be traded to the 49ers or the Browns :)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3sye7t9w said:
"Hello? Is that Mike Shanahan?"

"Yes"

"Hi Mike. Listen, we'd like you to be our Head Coach. You were our fourth, errrr, I mean first choice. Would you be interested?

"What's the catch?"

"Well, Trent would like to continue coaching the DB's. He'd also like to make all the personnel decisions. He says he's found this great prospect in the draft who can have a big impact in 2016 before retiring in the off-season."

"Can I pick my own defensive coordinator?"

"Well.... we'd rather not get rid of Eric Mangini. His wife bakes you see. Trent and I love her flapjacks. They're made out of muesli."

"Well what about my own offensive coordinator?"

"Well.... we've found this great guy you see. Lives locally. Steve Sarkisian he's called. We met with him last night over a Budweiser and he did a great job breaking down his favourite play using beer mats for receivers and a salt pot as the quarterback. Fantastic karaoke voice too."

"Yeah... wait... you're breaking up... CCCHHHHHHHWWWWW... I think you must be going through a tunnel... CCCCHHHWWWWW...."

"Mike? MIKE?"

**Dororthy, get Jim Mora on the phone. Tell him it's the Giants so he doesn't hang up.**
Funny shit, especially the last line.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":zcg9rfh0 said:
So where does that leave the niners now as far as best options? Shanny? Ha!

C H I P K E L L Y B O Y S

Hue Jackson.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":15swuzhc said:
Marvin49":15swuzhc said:
peachesenregalia":15swuzhc said:
So where does that leave the niners now as far as best options? Shanny? Ha!

C H I P K E L L Y B O Y S

Hue Jackson.

Hue is hot property and could walk into just about any job that's open. He won't walk into a dumpster fire like SF.

"What is Peaches response to any Niners question Alex".

Popeyejones

Reaction score
If it's Jackson they want, right now his two other scheduled interviews are with the Browns and Dolphins.

If the Eagles or Giants were in play for him I think both of those are more desirable jobs right now, but if all three of the teams looking at him want him I'd assume the Browns would be a dark horse and it would be a toss up between the Dolphins and 9ers (really just down to preferences as there are +s and -s for each of those jobs)

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I love it. Not put off by his original hunch that Payton would be coming to San Fran, he's now hoping the 49ers can land Hue Jackson.

And thus setting himself up for another huge let down when it doesn't happen.

Marvin -- why not think about the most middling, mediocre appointment you could make and assume it happens. Not only will this be more accurate, if they actually pull off a superior appointment, you'll feel good about the situation.

In fact forget it... I'm enjoying this too much. I think Bill Belichick fancies the gig! Go Bill!