FedEx Field

hawks85

Reaction score
ok i have read the comments about fedex field on here. is it that bad. i dont know i dont follow the skins nor do i know about there field. why is there field so bad? just curious

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Did you follow the seahawks 3 years ago? Cause we went there and Clemons shredded his knee on the spray painted sand/mud/yuck. Same game RG3s leg exploded.

We went to ATL the next week couldn't get any semblance of a pass rush and were booted.

chawx

Reaction score
gowazzu02":39afv99u said:
Did you follow the seahawks 3 years ago? Cause we went there and Clemons shredded his knee on the spray painted sand/mud/yuck. Same game RG3s leg exploded.

We went to ATL the next week couldn't get any semblance of a pass rush and were booted.

That about sums it up.

Also, this:
[youtube]u8rnPjr6U1c[/youtube]

loop that video and look at the field, then the knee, then the field, then knee... that's why I'm glad we're not playing at FedEx Field

Inspector

Reaction score
When it gets cold the earth under that grass turns to slippery concrete.

253hawk

Reaction score
It was fixed the following season after that playoff game, I don't know why people keep harping on about it. It's been fine for 3 years now.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
253hawk":zxlao3se said:
It was fixed the following season after that playoff game, I don't know why people keep harping on about it. It's been fine for 3 years now.

I haven't seen the hawks play there in a while so I couldn't comment. It was "fixed" before the hawks played there. Another problem is there are alot of other non nfl games played there. Local colleges, high schools, etc.

Dan snyders a cheap bastard so I doubt he spent any money to remedy it, but ill be watching the WC game sunday, (should we win, if we lose I may throw my tv off the balcony)

253hawk

Reaction score
Painting over dirt =/= fixed. Seattle probably could have refused to play on it if the had wanted to. Mike Rob's walk-through video showed it real close up.

We played there last year and even Harvin didn't get hurt on it, so there's something to be taken from that.

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
gowazzu02":31pgq7ht said:

I was in a coma 3 years ago. everything is and was fuzzy at that time. I do remember hearing about it at work after I woke up. I mean that the second I woke up but sometime after. my memory is hit and miss now.

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
chawx":3de3ompl said:
gowazzu02":3de3ompl said:

That about sums it up.

Also, this:
[youtube]u8rnPjr6U1c[/youtube]

loop that video and look at the field, then the knee, then the field, then knee... that's why I'm glad we're not playing at FedEx Field
the friggin north pole temps at minny isn't going to be any better, but I do see your point. hope the guys wear extra long johns. I have been in 0 degree weather and minus degree wind chills. its hard to breathe and that's walking from hotel to my car. I was like damn. when that wind was blowing woooooo that was cold brother. I was on the east coast and people from around there said its better not to put a million layers of clothes on etc...

titan3131

Reaction score
Way to totally bring that down to reality there lol. Glad your feeling better my man.

go hawks

bmorepunk

Reaction score
253hawk":2kfds9i0 said:
Painting over dirt =/= fixed. Seattle probably could have refused to play on it if the had wanted to. Mike Rob's walk-through video showed it real close up.

We played there last year and even Harvin didn't get hurt on it, so there's something to be taken from that.

Yes, please stop taking about the field from three years ago line it is the field now, kids. It's embarrassing.

irocdave

Reaction score
Yea, what we should really be talking about is that cheap ass kung fu body toss on Okung that tore muscles in his chest. The loss of Clemons sucked also but that was not caused by dirty play.

Screw the Redskin fans and their infatuation with blaming Shawn Taylors death on Hawk fans.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
irocdave":nievpuea said:
Yea, what we should really be talking about is that cheap ass kung fu body toss on Okung that tore muscles in his chest.

Wut? That was Trent Cole in 2011 against the Eagles.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I think Hauschka tweaked his ankle that game as well. The entire game was watching RGIII continuously tweak his knee on the crappy field. It was cringeworthy. I couldn't believe they wouldn't take him out of the game.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3qyt1vfl said:
253hawk":3qyt1vfl said:

Yes, please stop taking about the field from three years ago line it is the field now, kids. It's embarrassing.

Again, it's not that they had a "bad batch of grass" It's that winter in the north east combined with a multi use stadium that hosts more events then just NFL games, the grass gets tore up. So any "FIX" cheap ass Dan Snyder puts in place would need to be done multiple times every year.

And the game we played in DC last year was in October, earlier in the year, not as many college, high school, nfl games/concerts/monster truck rallies/dirt bike races etc. etc. etc.

And yes we will bitch about it, cause thats what we do in these boards. Pick a topic and latch on like a pit bull :16:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
They haven't had winter yet this year, it's been absurdly warm.

DC is south of a mid-Atlantic state, not northeast.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3cbha0k7 said:

Oh boy, Ive heard of grammar police, not geography police. Duly noted sir.

But my point still stands.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Apparently it's much improved.

Ironically the site of the Super Bowl has a much worse playing surface.

nepahawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":25w1phu4 said:
bmorepunk":25w1phu4 said:

Oh boy, Ive heard of grammar police, not geography police. Duly noted sir.

But my point still stands.
Even if it was in the northeast, this weekend was the first taste of winter.
Grass is still growing in PA.
Crazy weather.

Latest posts