JackAs* of the week award goes to...

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
[emoji322][emoji471] TEDDY BRIDGEWATER!!! [emoji471] [emoji322]

That's what separates Russell Wilson from the rest of the pack and was apparent his rookie year... He is clutch AF.

Teddy is not and blew the game for the Vikings while single handedly (literally) ruining the Seahawks chances at winning the NFC West this year. Thanks Teddy!! [emoji8]

DeeHawks

Reaction score
King Dog":2ado5j4c said:
We're the only ones that ruined our chances of winning the West this year.
Exactly. Can't blame other teams for what we should've done.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":zz7nyo5t said:

That's what separates Russell Wilson from the rest of the pack and was apparent his rookie year... He is clutch AF.

Teddy is not and blew the game for the Vikings while single handedly (literally) ruining the Seahawks chances at winning the NFC West this year. Thanks Teddy!! [emoji8]

Teddy didn't blow leads to the Rams, Panthers, Bengals. That's the difference right now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":355udahz said:

His coach Zimmer should get the co-award then. They should have kicked the FG on 3rd down if they were not going to try to win the game. Too much risk just to run clock. .....but you cannot take a sack there, young player, dumb mistake.

jlove6

Reaction score
Actually the Vikings losing is not a bad thing. Being 3 games behind Arizona there was a small chance to win the division, but moving ahead of Minnesota makes it so the first round game would be at Wash/NYG/ Philly rather than at GB. Just Sayin :roll:

Polaris

Reaction score
I agree that Seattle only has to blame ourselves for (probably) not winning the division this year. That said, you have to admit that was a colossal choke job by both Teddy and Coach Zimmer.

In the first play with only 13 seconds left to play, down three with a green QB and in easy FG range, and third down you KICK THE FIELD GOAL! YOU KICK THE FIELD GOAL! That way even if something wierd happens, you can try again on fourth down as long as the ball didn't cross the line of scrimmage.

In the second place, Teddy should know that you CAN NOT TAKE A SACK. If nothing was open after three steps, you throw it away over someone's head and live to kick the FG on the next down.

12thbrah

Reaction score
The NFC West is lost but we will have the #5 seed after this weekend. I'll take that and a wild card matchup with the NFC Least

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":zg5acmif said:

Dude, your emoji's are not working. I've noticed that in all of your posts lately. Not sure what you are doing wrong but look at your quote above...That's how it looks to everybody.

And I agree with the others...WE ruined our chances of winning the division this year with all those loses that piled up by not finishing teams out in the 4th quarter of those games. Think of how the Cardinals would be looking up to US right now had we taken care of business from the start like we all thought we would.

anonFAFA

Reaction score
jlove6":18qnrrka said:
Actually the Vikings losing is not a bad thing. Being 3 games behind Arizona there was a small chance to win the division, but moving ahead of Minnesota makes it so the first round game would be at Wash/NYG/ Philly rather than at GB. Just Sayin :roll:

You say that now, but if GB wins in ARI, then we are going to look back at this game and go... oh man... so close.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3qlndyq5 said:
FreshlySnipes":3qlndyq5 said:

His coach Zimmer should get the co-award then. They should have kicked the FG on 3rd down if they were not going to try to win the game. Too much risk just to run clock. .....but you cannot take a sack there, young player, dumb mistake.

That's what I took away from the game. Just stupid on the part of the coaches and Teddy.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Aros":245uhvba said:
FreshlySnipes":245uhvba said:

Dude, your emoji's are not working. I've noticed that in all of your posts lately. Not sure what you are doing wrong but look at your quote above...That's how it looks to everybody.

And I agree with the others...WE ruined our chances of winning the division this year with all those loses that piled up by not finishing teams out in the 4th quarter of those games. Think of how the Cardinals would be looking up to US right now had we taken care of business from the start like we all thought we would.

Probably using emojis from his iPad keyboard

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":31e1av4a said:
FreshlySnipes":31e1av4a said:

I caught the end of the game on the radio. What were they thibking trying to throw the ball with no timeouts and only 13 seconds on the clock. Holy crap that was a dumb call.

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
Ya I'm using iPhone emojis. They showed up on my end so I figured the forum was able to use them.

Truthfully I know it's completely on us but its frustrating to see another team have the chance to help us out like the Vikings had tonight and screw it up like they did. Teddy can't give up a sack fumble like that in that situation. He should have just thrown the ball away. What was he and the coaching staff thinking?? He should have hiked it and immediately thrown the ball away. The reward of getting 5-8 extra yards for their kicker wasn't worth the risk and we now see why. If they had some timeouts then maybe, just maybe you try and move the ball up the field with the hopes of scoring a TD but that's still a question mark even if Tom Brady is your QB. The part that makes this decision to pass is made even worse by the fact that they had no timeouts. What if they completed a pass short of the 1st down and inbounds?? The clock is running, they have no timeouts and can't spike the ball otherwise they turn the ball over on loss of downs. LMAOO

Dumb, dumb, dumb. All around dumb.

They should have just thrown the ball away, kicked the field goal and won it in OT. Maybe we would be talking about the Hawks being 2 game behind AZ with 4 games left in the season.

Rob12

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":t6zpprgw said:

Hate to say it, but I think the Cardinals winning helped us. We may hate them, but they're too talented to lose out. The division is theirs. The sooner we accept this, the better. The Vikings are not a good football team, and will lose a couple more games, opening the window for the Seahawks to grab that No. 5 seed and going on the road to the NFC East winner and laying waste. From there, the road to the SB should be just as we want it to be. We would stream roll the Cardinals/Panthers/Packers right now.

Rob12

Reaction score
DeeHawks":ujihnwax said:
King Dog":ujihnwax said:
We're the only ones that ruined our chances of winning the West this year.
Exactly. Can't blame other teams for what we should've done.

This. It's crazy to think that 12-0 should be a reality right now, but it's not. I blame Cary, and Cary is gone. So it's time to get to work.

The Seahawks created their own problems this year. Even with the Cardinals having a great season, the division should be ours.

Rob12

Reaction score
Polaris":3pzu9ym2 said:
I agree that Seattle only has to blame ourselves for (probably) not winning the division this year. That said, you have to admit that was a colossal choke job by both Teddy and Coach Zimmer.

In the first play with only 13 seconds left to play, down three with a green QB and in easy FG range, and third down you KICK THE FIELD GOAL! YOU KICK THE FIELD GOAL! That way even if something wierd happens, you can try again on fourth down as long as the ball didn't cross the line of scrimmage.

In the second place, Teddy should know that you CAN NOT TAKE A SACK. If nothing was open after three steps, you throw it away over someone's head and live to kick the FG on the next down.

I don't know if there's a coach in the NFL who would have kicked the field goal there. 13 seconds with timeouts is plenty of time to make something happen. You don't just give downs away in the NFL, especially in the NFL against a superior team. It worked out horribly for them, but I don't see how not kicking there was the wrong call. Field goals are not a gimme, either. Lots of blocked kicks this year and misses.