JackAs* of the week award goes to...

Stone Cold

Reaction score
Bill Barnwell was on Twitter defending the play call with the justification that a 5 yard gain would increase the odds of the kick from 70% to 79%, but the thing he didn't consider and that that number doesn't take into account is the probability of the play they ran failing. Analytics are great, to a point. They should have kicked it on 3rd. I was barely paying attention and I thought they they should have.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":16rhizwv said:
FreshlySnipes":16rhizwv said:
[emoji322][emoji471] TEDDY BRIDGEWATER!!! [emoji471] [emoji322]

That's what separates Russell Wilson from the rest of the pack and was apparent his rookie year... He is clutch AF.

Teddy is not and blew the game for the Vikings while single handedly (literally) ruining the Seahawks chances at winning the NFC West this year. Thanks Teddy!! [emoji8]
His coach Zimmer should get the co-award then. They should have kicked the FG on 3rd down if they were not going to try to win the game. Too much risk just to run clock. .....but you cannot take a sack there, young player, dumb mistake.
Huge risk. QB needed to be extra careful to not take a sack and that's already an identified issue with Bridgewater. Not to blame the OL, but I'll bet within the team they're all sharing blame. The Vikings are actually starting to improve, though, and I think they'll be contenders in that division for a few years with all the talent they've accumulated - primarily through the draft. Sometimes those games that "get away" end up being a springboard to future success. Their confidence is probably restored a bit that they battled with Arizona on the road after getting blown out by the Hawks in Minnesota.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2ybd1242 said:
and the Vikings lost by a hair to a far-superior team, talent-wise.

Gotta disagree with this. The Vikings have been loading up with talent in recent drafts and they are headed in the right direction. I don't think Green Bay can take that division for granted anymore. No disagreement that Arizona has talent, but imho it's an exaggeration to say that Arizona is far-superior.

Arizona is who I thought they were. They're a good team with a chance, but no where near unbeatable. The playoffs are going to be interesting to watch. There hasn't really been a clear far superior team. I'm always interested in how teams are playing going in to the playoffs. Liking how the Hawks are looking like that team that could be the wildcard team to win it all.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Polaris":nct865om said:
Rob12":nct865om said:
FreshlySnipes":nct865om said:
Ya I'm using iPhone emojis. They showed up on my end so I figured the forum was able to use them.

Truthfully I know it's completely on us but its frustrating to see another team have the chance to help us out like the Vikings had tonight and screw it up like they did. Teddy can't give up a sack fumble like that in that situation. He should have just thrown the ball away. What was he and the coaching staff thinking?? He should have hiked it and immediately thrown the ball away. The reward of getting 5-8 extra yards for their kicker wasn't worth the risk and we now see why. If they had some timeouts then maybe, just maybe you try and move the ball up the field with the hopes of scoring a TD but that's still a question mark even if Tom Brady is your QB. The part that makes this decision to pass is made even worse by the fact that they had no timeouts. What if they completed a pass short of the 1st down and inbounds?? The clock is running, they have no timeouts and can't spike the ball otherwise they turn the ball over on loss of downs. LMAOO

Dumb, dumb, dumb. All around dumb.

They should have just thrown the ball away, kicked the field goal and won it in OT. Maybe we would be talking about the Hawks being 2 game behind AZ with 4 games left in the season.

Did we really want the Vikings at 9-4 after tonight with GB holding the tiebreaker over us? Honest question. Once you accept the fact that we're not going to be division champs this year, you're not rooting for the Vikings. Let the Cardinals take the division, they still have to go through us to get to the Owl.

Yes. Why give up our best chance to win the division unless we really had to.

I also note that had Arizona lost, getting the division becomes a realistic possibility. If Arizona loses to GB, then Seattle can steal the division no matter what Arizona did vs Philly. [And Arizona losing to GB is not at all out of the question.] If Arizona lost to Philly, but wins vs GB, then Seattle would have a real shot at the SoV tiebreak because Minny would have factored in in our favor as well.

I see no reason to give up on the Division until we have to. I'll certainly take the #5 seed, but why settle for less?

Not sure that the 5 seed is "less" than a probable 3 seed would be honestly.

I think I would rather play the NFC East "champ" on the road than whoever ends up as the 6 seed at home.

Our huge home/road disparity doesnt seem to exist anymore. This team plays well on the road. Rather look at the matchups.

Latest posts