Shocking Stat About NY Giants

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If all of the Giants games ended with 75 seconds left on the clock they would be 10-2. Instead they're 5-7. If you thought the Hawks were bad at closing out leads, the Giants took it to another level.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I work with a diehards giants fan. He's been telling me he wishes the games were only 57 minutes long.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3143abmm said:
If all of the Giants games ended with 75 seconds left on the clock they would be 10-2. Instead they're 5-7. If you thought the Hawks were bad at closing out leads, the Giants took it to another level.

Yeah, I don't really want them to win the NFC East.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Rob12":33uke6dg said:
Hawk-Lock":33uke6dg said:

Me neither. The one semi dangerous team from the NFC East would be the Giants. But we should still be able to handle them. Put Sherm on Beckham and you take away most of their offense.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
It's not a shocking stat. I saw most of those games. It's not like no one knew it. Most of their games were close obviously.
They will win division at 7-9 or 8-8

SF49r

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":10m2kc4a said:
Rob12":10m2kc4a said:
Hawk-Lock":10m2kc4a said:

Me neither. The one semi dangerous team from the NFC East would be the Giants. But we should still be able to handle them. Put Sherm on Beckham and you take away most of their offense.
beckham.gif

:stirthepot:

NINEster

Reaction score
The last GIF is both true and untrue.

True in that Beckham can absolutely burn Sherman. Sherman does not have Deion Sanders like speed to shut down every top WR if he can't manipulate with his hands off the line.

The untrue part is that this year, the supporting cast of the Giants have fallen off a bit, plus Beckham has been controlled scheme wise a bit.

EDIT: Didn't realize how much physical contact there still was from Sherman on that play. No wonder Antonio Brown couldn't do anything.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
NINEster":3vx6xkht said:
The last GIF is both true and untrue...

EDIT: Didn't realize how much physical contact there still was from Sherman on that play. No wonder Antonio Brown couldn't do anything.
Funny. Looks to me like the separation comes from a pretty obvious push-off by ODB there. Hehe, fans....

RichNhansom

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":psg0vdah said:
NINEster":psg0vdah said:

Funny. Looks to me like the separation comes from a pretty obvious push-off by ODB there. Hehe, fans....

This. It is pretty obvious that contact was initiated by ODB turning back into Sherman and not the other way around and the separation comes from a direct push off.

Seeing this as Sherman being to grabby is beyond trying to find fault in Sherman. If this were a 9er player defending the 9er fans would be explaining that the defender is allowed to put a hand on the receiver as long as he doesn't force the receiver to adjust his route and that is all Sherman was doing while looking back at the QB (perfect technique) to keep a feel for a direction change by ODB. ODB turning into the defender is no more allowed than the other way around and it is blatantly clear the contact wash caused by it. Then pushing off with his left arm to gain separation. Even with it though he only had enough to catch the ball going to the ground. No YAC.

Thanks for the clip. What point were you trying to make again?

The Outfield

Reaction score
Smellyman":1be482kj said:
What would seattle be?

Just looked at the results of our games. If games ended with 75 sec left, Seahawks would be 9-3 (+3 wins (STL, CIN, CAR), +1 loss (DAL))

Crizilla

Reaction score
how can you say "if the games ended with 75 seconds left" they would be 10-2? You dont know if they would have scored in that last 75 seconds. That stat just sounds weird to me. Not worded very well IMO.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Crizilla":pw1mhlnn said:
how can you say "if the games ended with 75 seconds left" they would be 10-2? You dont know if they would have scored in that last 75 seconds. That stat just sounds weird to me. Not worded very well IMO.

It is just a stat I read in an article. I think it simply means the GMen have blown a lead with 75 seconds or less 5 times this season.

drdiags

Reaction score
Crizilla":kxbl1iln said:

Was on twitter, shared by the NY Giants beat writer worded exactly as the OP stated. Here is a takeoff on the article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...75-terrible-seconds-the-giants-would-be-10-2/

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NYTSports/status/674222175109390336[/tweet]

Laloosh

Reaction score
RichNhansom":24yp21rg said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":24yp21rg said:
NINEster":24yp21rg said:

This. It is pretty obvious that contact was initiated by ODB turning back into Sherman and not the other way around and the separation comes from a direct push off.

Seeing this as Sherman being to grabby is beyond trying to find fault in Sherman. If this were a 9er player defending the 9er fans would be explaining that the defender is allowed to put a hand on the receiver as long as he doesn't force the receiver to adjust his route and that is all Sherman was doing while looking back at the QB (perfect technique) to keep a feel for a direction change by ODB. ODB turning into the defender is no more allowed than the other way around and it is blatantly clear the contact wash caused by it. Then pushing off with his left arm to gain separation. Even with it though he only had enough to catch the ball going to the ground. No YAC.

Thanks for the clip. What point were you trying to make again?

Michael Irvin used to be so good at getting that little push off. He and Crabtree actually. Sherm's tendency to keep a hand on the receiver probably buys these guys some leeway with the refs (makes it less obvious when they push off).