Bucky Brooks Quarter Season Awards MVP, ROY, COY

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kam would probably be a favorite for DPOY if Josh Norman didn't have bum QB's serving him Pick 6's every week.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2btil26b said:
Kam would probably be a favorite for DPOY if Josh Norman didn't have bum QB's serving him Pick 6's every week.

Agreed that for DBs picks are way too overvalued in these type of awards (there's just too much variation in them from year to year), but Josh Norman was a top 3 CB last year too, and it's not like he's just getting picks so far this year either. The kid is dominant. It has taken the picks for people to notice him, but if he kept up this pace without getting another pick for the rest of the season he'd still be a total stud.

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ Good post.

He also had a pick of RW last year on a play eerily similar to the Super Bowl play intended for Marshawn. Not sure whether it was a poor throw or poor play by Marshawn but it was another example of Norman's ball skills.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Norman's good, but he's not a dominant, game-changing player like Kam Chancellor is. Every offensive player takes note where Kam is and they talk about or to him all the time.

Martellus Bennett was telling his brother "Tell Kam I'm coming at him with my shoulder down." which basically translates to "Tell your buddy Kam not to hurt your brother? Okay?" :D

Kam is not only a game-changer, he's a career-changer. He can literally change the trajectory of a play, or a career.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ivotuk":23oyxjl4 said:
Norman's good, but he's not a dominant, game-changing player like Kam Chancellor is.

Heh. I wouldn't disagree that Kam does the one thing he does incredibly well or that he's a really important piece within the specifics of the defense that the Hawks run, but they play different positions, and you're a fan of the team that one of them plays for. I think we should just agree to disagree probably.