Darryl Washington reinstatement/suspension

ringless

Reaction score
Anyone have a guess to what the Suspension will be? I am assuming the announcement will come either on the 30th or 31st at the latest. In any case 60 business days is the 31st after he filed for reinstatement in May.

I am guessing suspended for 6 games and reduced to 4. Below is a quote from another poster of a summary of what happened to get to this point.... I feel both parties should have been charged but in AZ it does not work that way.

""""DWash and ex were having custody issues...she reportedly had been making it very hard for him to get his court ordered time with his kid. He had come to see the kid at the mom's apartment and went to Dairy Queen. On returning win the kid and ice cream the ex girlfriend flipped out on him for not telling her where they were going. She also seems to have come at him as he came up to the patio of her front door on the second story, and he held her back by putting his hand on her neck and shoulders....assault #1 charged. Then she apparently took his phone to see who he's been texting/calling. He follows her inside and takes it back and heads down to his car to leave. She follows him out screaming and throws a potted plant off the balcony at him and his vehicle. She then follows him down to the vehicle and tries to get inside the drivers side. I'm still not clear why...again trying to get the phone or not let him leave. He stops her and she tries to make a run for the passenger side and DWash in trying to stop her pushes her from behind, and she falls and breaks her collarbone. Police are called, DWash admits what he did, gets charged with assault and battery but judge/court says no, it was a misdemeanor. Gets community service, probation, and anger management classes. Reports are these were fulfilled to the point of judge reducing his probation and releasing him 2 months early."""""

ivotuk

Reaction score
Man that poor guy. I've been through that shit, and the guy gets screwed almost every time. Even if the woman tries to provoke something, which I've absolutely seen women trying to do in order to get full custody and bigger Child Support payments.

I had a woman try to use me to screw her ex, and when I wouldn't cooperate with her trying to get the police to charge him with something, she went ballistic. That relationship ended quickly.

He needs to have supervised kid exchanges in a public place from now on. That's the best way to protect himself, and his child. He needs to get her psych evaled if she really is acting that way.

I hope they don't suspend him over this if they above account is accurate.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
11751462_971342269590835_5524702561368945859_n.jpg

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Aye sometimes it's about where you live. I have a friend who owns a business. He caught his wife cheating and meeting people online. In Arizona she just gets half because they have a law so all the dirt details don't come out and embarrass both parties in court. A prenup is worth nothing here either.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Have to admit I am flabbergasted on how there has not been an update. He applied for reinstatement on May 8th. It sounded as if he had done everything necessary, to be reinstated. The league supposedly had 60 days to make a decision.

Not a single peep. Which is extremely unusual. I am extremely frustrated because I felt like he was a key piece to this defense. He is the defender that has the lateral speed to keep Wilson in check (See his last game in Seattle) He is fast, disruptive and easily our best LB when on the field.

I am now paranoid, and pissed off and on my way to insanity over whether he will or will not be reinstated. Its ridiculous that the league states they have 60 days to make a decision and we are now at 90 days and missing time. He either is or isn't going to be reinstated. I don't see why they can't simply reinstate him, or ban him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Blame the Hardy, Rice , Brady cases, none of them went quickly either and now the NFL has seemingly decided to rule and make sure they don't get whiplash from what they say. Seems that a players career and time with the team even after a situation isn't as important as doing the right thing as well as making sure they save face now.

Hawks46

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":lxiahjvf said:
UK_Seahawk":lxiahjvf said:

That dude needs a better lawyer if she cheated and got his money, house, and the children.

You're not that naive, are you ? It may be an amusing comic, but that's EXACTLY how it goes.

I've known guys that get a divorce. The wife has proven to be on drugs and mentally unstable. The wife gets welfare and food stamps and the guy is still paying 1400/mo for child support for 2 kids. PLUS she's getting state aid, PLUS it's been proven she's on drugs.

And he's the one that has to have supervised visitation, because she claims he was physically abusive. It really depends on what state you live in, as to how hard you get screwed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The state of Washington is NOT a male friendly state when it comes to divorce, especially if you have children. The state makes a killing off collecting child support, and they get a healthy chunk for their effort of collecting said monies. One of the many reasons I am not married, or will ever be.

Had one friend who had kids who was in a miserable marriage and did the math and figured it was cheaper to stay married until the kids were grown up and out of the house.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3casvjw5 said:
The state of Washington is NOT a male friendly state when it comes to divorce, especially if you have children. The state makes a killing off collecting child support, and they get a healthy chunk for their effort of collecting said monies. One of the many reasons I am not married, or will ever be.

Had one friend who had kids who was in a miserable marriage and did the math and figured it was cheaper to stay married until the kids were grown up and out of the house.

Totally agree.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
@mikejurecki 4h4 hours ago
In the last couple of years the Cardinals have paid Daryl Washington 5M each year. Hearing AZ is looking to recover some of his bonus money.

It sounds like he isn't coming back. Nobody has been able to get any information supposedly but this is pretty telling. What a waste of talent.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":32sebab7 said:
Maulbert":32sebab7 said:

That's because of having a 90 man roster with have all the retired numbers we have. It's against the rules to have two players on the Same field in a game so that was the only available number

90 man roster + 5 retired numbers = 95 numbers needed out of 100 two digit numbers available. 00 can be used too.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":21iazxhm said:
ringless":21iazxhm said:
Maulbert":21iazxhm said:

That's because of having a 90 man roster with have all the retired numbers we have. It's against the rules to have two players on the Same field in a game so that was the only available number

90 man roster + 5 retired numbers = 95 numbers needed out of 100 two digit numbers available. 00 can be used too.

The NFL has a rule that says two players on the same team cannot be on the field at the same time wearing the same number. This time of year, it’s not unusual for the Cards (or other teams) to give an offensive and defensive player the same number, since offense and defense wear opposite colors in practice. That doesn’t happen in a game, of course.
As of Saturday, the Cardinals had two sets of players sharing numbers. Running back Marion Grice and safety Harold Jones-Quartey each wore No. 23. Safety Brandon Person and running back Paul Lasike each were wearing No. 34. Because there was a good chance those players could end up on the field at the same time for special teams, multiple shuffles were in order.
That led to Jackson, who had been wearing 45 (and who had a big finish Saturday lighting up Lasike on a hit, pictured below), ending up with the linebacker-friendly No. 58.

http://blog.azcardinals.com/tag/daryl-washington/

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Hawks46":31uq7wso said:
CurryStopstheRuns":31uq7wso said:
UK_Seahawk":31uq7wso said:

That dude needs a better lawyer if she cheated and got his money, house, and the children.

You're not that naive, are you ? It may be an amusing comic, but that's EXACTLY how it goes.

I've known guys that get a divorce. The wife has proven to be on drugs and mentally unstable. The wife gets welfare and food stamps and the guy is still paying 1400/mo for child support for 2 kids. PLUS she's getting state aid, PLUS it's been proven she's on drugs.

And he's the one that has to have supervised visitation, because she claims he was physically abusive. It really depends on what state you live in, as to how hard you get screwed.

I live in Washington State and my ex did/does drugs. I have full custody. Sorry, but your friend Either had a bad lawyer or he didn't give the lawyer the tools to succeed.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ringless":39dfn1li said:
Anyone have a guess to what the Suspension will be? I am assuming the announcement will come either on the 30th or 31st at the latest. In any case 60 business days is the 31st after he filed for reinstatement in May.

I am guessing suspended for 6 games and reduced to 4. Below is a quote from another poster of a summary of what happened to get to this point.... I feel both parties should have been charged but in AZ it does not work that way.

""""DWash and ex were having custody issues...she reportedly had been making it very hard for him to get his court ordered time with his kid. He had come to see the kid at the mom's apartment and went to Dairy Queen. On returning win the kid and ice cream the ex girlfriend flipped out on him for not telling her where they were going. She also seems to have come at him as he came up to the patio of her front door on the second story, and he held her back by putting his hand on her neck and shoulders....assault #1 charged. Then she apparently took his phone to see who he's been texting/calling. He follows her inside and takes it back and heads down to his car to leave. She follows him out screaming and throws a potted plant off the balcony at him and his vehicle. She then follows him down to the vehicle and tries to get inside the drivers side. I'm still not clear why...again trying to get the phone or not let him leave. He stops her and she tries to make a run for the passenger side and DWash in trying to stop her pushes her from behind, and she falls and breaks her collarbone. Police are called, DWash admits what he did, gets charged with assault and battery but judge/court says no, it was a misdemeanor. Gets community service, probation, and anger management classes. Reports are these were fulfilled to the point of judge reducing his probation and releasing him 2 months early."""""

I think the major problem going on in this thread is that this summary of what happened is complete and total BS.

The summary claims that:

1) He held her back to keep her from coming at him.: Yeah...she had visible scratches and bruising on her neck from him choking her while pushing her over a balcony until she started to pass out.

2) She took his phone to see who he was texting.: That's just a lie. She took the baby back into the apartment and he broke through the front door as she was trying to barricade it, and then broke through her bedroom door as she was trying to barriecade it. Then HE took HER phone and left with it to his car. LOL at reversing this to her taking his phone.

3) The poster is "unclear why" she's trying to get inside his car door down in the parking lot: Um, it's because after choking her he pushed through two doors to get to her phone, which he left with and took down into his car.

4) He "pushes" her from behind to stop her from getting "his" phone: Yeah, again, it was to stop her from getting her own phone which he took. And he threw her to ground and broke her collarbone, while also causing scrapes and bruising from the force on her arm and leg.

5) The "judge/court won't charge him with a felony and "says no, it was a misdeamenor": If this is a very fancy way to say that he pled down by pleading guilty, then yeah. The court didn't say "no" though, they made a deal to get the plea.

Also left out from the police report is he has a prior history of domestic violence.

TL;DR: Washington choked a woman over a balcony when she tried to get their daughter back, pushed through two barricaded doors to steal her cell phone, and then broke her collarbone when she tried to get it back. End of story.

There's a reason why the NFLPA isn't even supporting this guy. Turning this into a silly "men's rights" harangue is ridiculous, IMO.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Yes popeye that was the original police report of what the woman claimed, however at later dates you can see the story is much different than what you claim

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ all the physical evidence and her injuries are consistent with the police report.

If there's definitive evidence the police report is wrong, by all means, link to it and I'll gladly retract

NINEster

Reaction score
Popeyejones":ibxxpdbw said:
^^^ all the physical evidence and her injuries are consistent with the police report.

If there's definitive evidence the police report is wrong, by all means, link to it and I'll gladly retract

Let's let Daryl be innocent...we had Ray, Aldon...