JJ Watt is a funny guy...

keatonisballin

Reaction score
He's a beast on the field and he seems like a good dude off of it. Seems like a good role model for kids amidst all the crap going on in the league lately.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Smellyman":2gis3avh said:
Those were pretty lame.

"Funny" is subjective.
Most local commercials with pro athletes as actors could be labeled "lame".

If you include JJ's personality in the context you might see the humor.
Sorry you wasted your time.

Blitzer already has the "negative Nancy" on lock, don't even try for it.
:{)

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I thought those were great.

I'm also enjoying the couple of Direct TV ads that have come out - Eli Manning as "Bad Stand-up Comic Eli", and Tony Romo and "Arts and Craftsty Tony Romo". I hope Russell does one - his alter ego could be, I don't know..."Creepy Cult Member Russell" or something.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Meh. I've seen better. I've also seen worse. I get a pretty big kick out of Russell's Alaska Airlines commercials, but Marshawn's Beacon commercials are the true pinnacle of awful. He might as well say, "I'm just here to collect a paycheck." At least that would feel natural. Also, for as natural as Richard Sherman is behind a mike, not a great pitchman.

danp1990

Reaction score
Can anyone post Marshawn Lynch Plumbing commercials he had in 2013? Those were corny!:) but I still got a kick out of them,... I think they only played those in the Seattle area tho.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Maulbert":1ltd3hir said:
Meh. I've seen better. I've also seen worse. I get a pretty big kick out of Russell's Alaska Airlines commercials, but Marshawn's Beacon commercials are the true pinnacle of awful. He might as well say, "I'm just here to collect a paycheck." At least that would feel natural. Also, for as natural as Richard Sherman is behind a mike, not a great pitchman.
My guess was the Beacon ads were Marshawn doing a favor for someone who did him a solid. Just a guess, but one I think is in keeping with his nature.