A Really Good Read: Josh Gordon's Response

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Good read, but does he really expect us to believe that he's been 99% clean, and the few times he's screwed up he's been caught? As much as I'd like to think he's telling the truth, where there's smoke there's fire (ha).

Popeyejones

Reaction score
thebanjodude":23tm0n4e said:
Good read, but does he really expect us to believe that he's been 99% clean, and the few times he's screwed up he's been caught? As much as I'd like to think he's telling the truth, where there's smoke there's fire (ha).

In reading that I did not AT ALL think he was trying to claim that he has been 99% clean. He spent a considerable amount of time owning up for his mistakes.

I think his point is that there's a wide space between having repeatedly made mistakes (which he owns up to quite eloquently) and having serious addiction problems and being on the brink (as has been suggested, by people who have never even met him).

There's not a single incident he mentions in which he doesn't say he was at fault. He even shoulders responsibility for the Browns not making the playoffs this year BECAUSE of his mistakes.

Not sure what more you're asking for.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
If Cleveland doesn't want him I hope Pete and John get a chance at him. He couldn't be any worse then Percy could he?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1vzrfog8 said:
If Cleveland doesn't want him I hope Pete and John get a chance at him. He couldn't be any worse then Percy could he?

Do we want to take that chance though? While I respect his talent, I don't want him here as I see him as a distraction. I would rather them try to convert Daniels to a WR first.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2uld93it said:
MizzouHawkGal":2uld93it said:

Do we want to take that chance though? While I respect his talent, I don't want him here as I see him as a distraction. I would rather them try to convert Daniels to a WR first.
It depends on the cost that Cleveland may ask but I'm thinking the Seahawks could cover themselves via the contract if need be. If you could get him completely straight any price may be worth it given that he's a bonafide #1 WR and young.

pehawk

Reaction score
It'd be a wise investment now. Offer a 6th...its worth it.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I've always found it a bit weird when celebrities/athletes would talk about other famous people as if they knew them. Glad Gordon wrote the letter, because all those guys who called him out really have no right too. If they knew him, then that would be one thing, but they don't.

mikeak

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":2ra0223j said:
good article. i wonder who actually wrote it for him.

Why? Because a black man that went to college can't write properly? I am sure it was edited like most other things but why exactly do you think someone else wrote it????

Separately (without racist undertones) I don't believe the second hand smoke but that is irrelevant. If he had condition not to drink until season was over then that should have been when HIS season was over.

Coaches can interview under certain rules when regular season is over. He should have been allowed to drink as much as he wants as long as he didn't drive

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Separately (without racist undertones) I don't believe the second hand smoke but that is irrelevant. If he had condition not to drink until season was over then that should have been when HIS season was over.

Coaches can interview under certain rules when regular season is over. He should have been allowed to drink as much as he wants as long as he didn't drive
Looks like typical NFL and suspiciously like the Brandon Browner situation last year.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2ikt5jsg said:

The last several games he actually played Josh straight up quit when running routes. Why would we want someone like that who couldn't even put effort into redeeming himself? If you don't believe me watch those games again if you can.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1zbbkqsz said:
pehawk":1zbbkqsz said:

The last several games he actually played Josh straight up quit when running routes. Why would we want someone like that who couldn't even put effort into redeeming himself? If you don't believe me watch those games again if you can.
Meh, the entire franchise top to bottom quit and mailed in the last few games. Just by trying to play Manziel proves it.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":16sx4htz said:
OkieHawk":16sx4htz said:
pehawk":16sx4htz said:

Meh, the entire franchise top to bottom quit and mailed in the last few games. Just by trying to play Manziel proves it.

They played Manziel because they thought he could miraculously save their season. He had quit on them as soon as he found out he wasn't a starter. The rest of their recievers didn't stop playing, only Gordon. I don't care if you play for the Browns or Raiders, you play your ass off or you get benched.