COWGIRLS CAN WHINE ALL THEY WANT

seahawksny

Reaction score
I think the refs missed the call at the end of the game. Bryant caught that ball.

HOWEVER-

When they had that scuffle earlier in game- Only GB player was flagged. How is that possible. There was shoving on both sides and that put GB at 20 instead instead of 5 which could have took away a TD. I never saw biased call like that in my life.

KatarHol

Reaction score
It is amazing how many people do not understand the rule that requires a catch to be completed throughout the fall. Extremely simple rule to understand, and that play was correctly determined to be incomplete. From the moment he touched the ground he was falling, and the ground knocked the ball loose.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
KatarHol":1bp1eim9 said:
It is amazing how many people do not understand the rule that requires a catch to be completed throughout the fall. Extremely simple rule to understand, and that play was correctly determined to be incomplete. From the moment he touched the ground he was falling, and the ground knocked the ball loose.

That is correct.

Chawks1

Reaction score
KatarHol":2ylahias said:

Calvin Johnson rule. Completely legit. Even similar to Earl Thomas int yesterday vs Panthers that was called back.

Right call.

DohBoy

Reaction score
The whining on Cowboyszone is amazing...especially considering how gratingly contrite they were last week about the Lions getting screwed.

Guess Piggly Wiggly will be running a special on Tampax this week.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Chawks1":2a92cdna said:
KatarHol":2a92cdna said:

Calvin Johnson rule. Completely legit. Even similar to Earl Thomas int yesterday vs Panthers that was called back.

Right call.

I saw replay again, I stand corrected.
Ground cannot cause fumble but can cause incomplete.

Its just fun to hear Dallas fans whine.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
Seems like he could have just caught the ball, but he was stretching for the goal line after getting two feet down. Doesn't that constitute a "football move"? Anyhoo, I'm glad they lost, hate Dallas.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Leee-roy":2m65iywx said:
Seems like he could have just caught the ball, but he was stretching for the goal line after getting two feet down. Doesn't that constitute a "football move"? Anyhoo, I'm glad they lost, hate Dallas.

If you watch, he doesn't get the second foot down before diving. When he stretches, he loses posession before the completed catch.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It was straight-up the right call. Anyone who says it wasn't, doesn't know the rules and should just shut the hell up because they are stupid.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DohBoy":1jfo7lvz said:
The whining on Cowboyszone is amazing...especially considering how gratingly contrite they were last week about the Lions getting screwed.

Guess Piggly Wiggly will be running a special on Tampax this week.
Good to see you back on dot net DohBoy.

Screw the Cowpies. They lived by the refs last week and died by them this week. "Instant karma's gonna get you".

knownone

Reaction score
It's hard to fault people for not understanding the rule. Dez caught the ball took 2 1/2 steps and established possession before reaching out for the end zone. So I ask the defenders of the rule book to explain how this so cut and dry? This is purely a judgement call at the discretion of the referee.

irocdave

Reaction score
That was not a catch according to the rules, the correct call was made after the review. Dallass fans have nothing to complain about on that play. I did notice Dallass O lineman mugging D lineman again and no holding calls, funny how their fans never mention that.

irocdave

Reaction score
knownone":305ypfx2 said:
It's hard to fault people for not understanding the rule. Dez caught the ball took 2 1/2 steps and established possession before reaching out for the end zone. So I ask the defenders of the rule book to explain how this so cut and dry? This is purely a judgement call at the discretion of the referee.

Dez was going to the ground during the process of the catch, yes he got both feet down but he has to maintain ball control through contact with the ground. If he had taken 2 steps, turned (football move) then got wacked and fumbled the ball while still upright it would have been a catch and fumble.

Largent80

Reaction score
If you saw the game last night. Earl's INT was the exact same. Had posession, rolled over and the ball was on the ground. The correct call both times.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I thought the refs got it exactly right. I'm kind of surprised there's so much blow back. The picked up flag last week was clearly a worse call.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
The play was a textbook example of what is now incomplete that would have been complete under the old rules. Basically anyone arguing that it should have been a catch should be arguing against the rule, not against the call. The call was 100% in line with the rule.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Largent80":3i8wsmpo said:
If you saw the game last night. Earl's INT was the exact same. Had posession, rolled over and the ball was on the ground. The correct call both times.
exactly

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
When you live by officiating you die by officiating.
Too bad, so sad, bye bye uncle Jerruh! 8)
Couldn't happen to a more arrogant fanbase!