Mike Williams released by Bills

pehawk

Reaction score
Its waiver wire order, so we'd be able to nab him before NE.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
He already passed through waivers so he's free to sign anywhere

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
He could be an amazing secret weapon for the run to the Super Bowl but I'm not sure Pete/John want to mess with chemistry right now.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Pass.

Trouble at Syracuse and left early. Trouble at Tampa Bay and they got rid. Now trouble at Buffalo and they've cut him.

We don't need to be the fourth team to realize this guy is a head case.

Cartire

Reaction score
Yea, when a great "prospect" cant stay on a team, you have to ask why that is.

No Thank You. Theres a reason these teams dont want you anymore.

Rat

Reaction score
I'd take him. At the very least, it's difficult to see him not being as productive as Chris Mathews. The leadership on this team is more than strong enough to handle one abrasive personality.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Rat":31s49ltk said:
I'd take him. At the very least, it's difficult to see him not being as productive as Chris Mathews. The leadership on this team is more than strong enough to handle one abrasive personality.

Maybe, but I submit that Seattle just had to trade away one abrasive personality because the team leadership wasn't quite strong enough to handle it.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Not that I'm going to put all my faith into one article but it definitely presents another view on Mike Williams.

"His morale is always positive," Woods said. "Of course he wanted to play and be out on the field with us and he went hard every rep he had. Even when he was on practice squad, pretty much he went hard every rep. Great teammate, taking plays for us when we got tired, really just trying to make a good impression, putting his body on the line just to make sure we were good on Sundays... He was our energy," Woods said. "He gave us some laughs, gave us some good times, pushed us at practice, motivated us when we were down and just kept us all in it really."

Maybe he just didn't conform to Marrone's way of things in Syracuse and Buffalo, maybe Marrone thought it could be different and forgot why it didn't work.

It wouldn't be the first time Seattle provided a home for an allegedly 'troubled' Buffalo Bills player. Maybe Seattle's the right destination for this guy to thrive in, as it's been for other players.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/i ... _play.html

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Buffalo is loaded at receiver with the emergence of Robert Woods and the drafting of Sammy Watkins. There was no reason for them to pay Mike Williams a big contract with two talent receivers on rookie contracts. They seemed determined to play those younger guys over Williams.

I would love to see them sign Mike WIlliams to a modest deal, but I can't see it happening. The receiving corps' general inability to create separation is my biggest concerns for our playoff run, before even our inept pass blocking and issues stopping the run after the loss of Mebane. I just can't see them dedicating more resources to a possibly questionable receiver after what happened with Percy Harvin.

themunn

Reaction score
I'm torn on this one.
On the one hand I'd like to take him on a risk-free "let's see what you can do between now and February" contract and then think about it after then.
On the other hand, the team is gelling right now and we look like we don't really need him. We won't face another defense as good as any we've played over the last 6 weeks, so what need is there to bring in a potentially abrasive personality?

endzorn

Reaction score
I like the talent and measurables, but would he be a major contributor this year? Do you bring a guy in this late in the season with no history with your team and give him meaningful snaps over players who have fought hard for this team all year? That's not a rhetorical question/commentary...I honestly don't know.

pehawk

Reaction score
I think you do bring him in, endzorn, if only due to the limited healthy TEs on the roster. Williams talent should be greater and net better results than trash heap TE they sign.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Bring him in to get a better look. Richardson torn ACL, perennially gimpy Tight Ends. We need some pass catchers, he's probably the best out there.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":18daqw73 said:
Bring him in to get a better look. Richardson torn ACL, perennially gimpy Tight Ends. We need some pass catchers, he's probably the best out there.

Hard to disagree with this.