The year is 2017....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Pete Carroll walks up to the podium... announces his retirement from the NFL after winning his 3rd (or 4th) Super Bowl ... the countdown to Canton begins. The ring of honor will happen much sooner..

Out in Ann Arbor, Jim Harbaugh has just won his 2nd consecutive National Championship at Michigan.. and is foaming at the mouth to get back to the NFL to chase that elusive Lombardi Trophy...

Adam Schefter drops the bombshell..

The Seahawks want Jim Harbaugh. Jim Harbaugh wants the Seahawks.

(Andddddd scene)

Would you welcome Jim Harbaugh as coach of the Seahawks - AFTER - the Pete Carroll era has concluded?

:stirthepot:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I would say no only because Sherman and Baldwin would have problems with it, more than likely, and we've seen how tension in the locker room can screw up a good team with Harvin.

However, Harbaugh is one of those dudes like Golden Tate or Sherman that is easy to love if he's yours and easy to hate if he isn't. I'd like to see how he does with a QB that can make multiple reads; I bet he and Greg Roman are suddenly good playcallers again once they have a QB that can look at multiple WRs and diagnose the defense.

rlkats

Reaction score
lucky49":3e3bde69 said:
the year is 2015. russel wilson is traded to 49ers for harbaugh after pete carrol dies

What the frak.

lucky49

Reaction score
In one sense i would love for harbs to coach the hawks, and for you guys to have to take back everything you ever said about him once he makes some big playoff runs. But i would also hate that

rlkats

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2zq20jen said:
I would say no only because Sherman and Baldwin would have problems with it, more than likely, and we've seen how tension in the locker room can screw up a good team with Harvin.

However, Harbaugh is one of those dudes like Golden Tate or Sherman that is easy to love if he's yours and easy to hate if he isn't. I'd like to see how he does with a QB that can make multiple reads; I bet he and Greg Roman are suddenly good playcallers again once they have a QB that can look at multiple WRs and diagnose the defense.

On the read thing. Problem is. They both dumped Smith who was a better QB. And went with Kap well is average but a great athlete. So they fouled up.

irocdave

Reaction score
WTF? As long as Paul Allen is alive there is a zero percent chance that JH coaches in Seattle. I understand his will is in place with Vulcan and I would bet that there is a stipulation in it to make certain of this. NFW JH coaches my Hawks. I would walk away as a life long Hawks fan if that happened. We already had a coach like JH, NFW we are going to relive the Flores years.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3f5u8twd said:
Pete Carroll walks up to the podium... announces his retirement from the NFL after winning his 3rd (or 4th) Super Bowl ... the countdown to Canton begins. The ring of honor will happen much sooner..

Out in Ann Arbor, Jim Harbaugh has just won his 2nd consecutive National Championship at Michigan.. and is foaming at the mouth to get back to the NFL to chase that elusive Lombardi Trophy...

Adam Schefter drops the bombshell..

The Seahawks want Jim Harbaugh. Jim Harbaugh wants the Seahawks.

(Andddddd scene)

Would you welcome Jim Harbaugh as coach of the Seahawks - AFTER - the Pete Carroll era has concluded?

:stirthepot:

I wake up sweating thanking god the hiring Jim part was just a bad nightmare and telling myself never to have those spicy tacos again right before i crawl into bed.

No way in hell I would want nor see Jim coaching here. I cant even entertain the thought in my head without feeling sick to my stomach.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3f9j9a49 said:

You are far more open minded about it than I am. Even with the success, I wouldn't be able to defend Harbaugh and we'd all be waiting for the crash anyway.

Personally, I would entertain the question of whether it was OK to root for Seattle to lose every game so that he got fired.

rideaducati

Reaction score
You're all missing the funniest part of the OP...Michigan winning their second national championship under Harbaugh... That's never gonna happen.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck: you are an evil man for even thinking up such a scenario. :twisted:

To answer your question, I root for the Hawks no matter what. But good God man, that is some effed up shit right there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This is what I like to call a high quality troll.

I would hate Harbs in Seattle, not for the product on the field, but for his air of secrecy. Pete keeps the right things secret, but Harbs would do his best to impere the way VMAC welcomes fans in training camp, etc. He is paranoid about being open.

And he would ship Russ like he shipped Alex.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Next thread should start, we trade Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas to the 49er's because they aren't a challenge to play anymore.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
irocdave":34jhfmfs said:
WTF? As long as Paul Allen is alive there is a zero percent chance that JH coaches in Seattle. I understand his will is in place with Vulcan and I would bet that there is a stipulation in it to make certain of this. NFW JH coaches my Hawks. I would walk away as a life long Hawks fan if that happened. We already had a coach like JH, NFW we are going to relive the Flores years.

Exactly - Allen will only hire a coach who can lead with a powerful leadership philosophy, not just great Xs and Os. Allen is a business man. He understands how leadership works. Look at SF right now to see how JH's leadership is working for that team/locker room. No, JH would not be brought in here under PA's ownership.

Personally, I would cringe at being the laughing stock of the NFL world because of my coach's childish antics, even if the team played well outside of the 4th quarter.