My advice to Jed York - Cohn Zohn

Jville

Reaction score
Dear Jed York,

Because no one taught you how to act as a young man in the world, because no one schooled you in the complicated etiquette of being a team owner, I am offering my services. I am offering them sincerely and openly.
With all the back n forth with 49er fans, I'm surprised this opinion piece wasn't featured as a post over the weekend. I thought it addressed a number of observations that needed to be said >>> [urltargetblank]http://cohn.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/18472/advice-jed-york/[/urltargetblank]

rjas77

Reaction score
There seems to be some serious gnawing and gnashing of teeth in Santa Clara

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":1vafc9lz said:
Dear Jed York,

Because no one taught you how to act as a young man in the world, because no one schooled you in the complicated etiquette of being a team owner, I am offering my services. I am offering them sincerely and openly.
With all the back n forth with 49er fans, I'm surprised this opinion piece wasn't featured as a post over the weekend. I thought it addressed a number of observations that needed to be said >>> [urltargetblank]http://cohn.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/18472/advice-jed-york/[/urltargetblank]

Quite honestly, the reason nobody is saying a word about it is because almost all 49er fans already know not to read anything Lowell or Grant Cohn write.

They just look for attention and think the people they interview owe them something and get all offended when they don't answer questions the way they want.

...now cue the "approved writers jokes", but the guys I've always said should pretty much be ignored because they have nothing useful to say are the Cohns and Kawakami.

Feel free to read it and enjoy, but that's the reason Niner fans aren't all up in arms. Its pretty typical for a Cohn.

It would kinda be like getting all upset when a KKK member writes a nasty blog about Obama.

Not exactly a shocker.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":12mpfd8t said:
Jville":12mpfd8t said:
Dear Jed York,

Quite honestly, the reason nobody is saying a word about it is because almost all 49er fans already know not to read anything Lowell or Grant Cohn write.

They just look for attention and think the people they interview owe them something and get all offended when they don't answer questions the way they want.

...now cue the "approved writers jokes", but the guys I've always said should pretty much be ignored because they have nothing useful to say are the Cohns and Kawakami.

Feel free to read it and enjoy, but that's the reason Niner fans aren't all up in arms. Its pretty typical for a Cohn.

It would kinda be like getting all upset when a KKK member writes a nasty blog about Obama.

Not exactly a shocker.

Reading the swill on niner sites shows me that the niner fans ARE up in arms. It's rather amusing. Cohn wrote a lot of the same stuff that niner fans have been writing which makes your post even more amusing than your posts usually are.

If you don't see problems with the niners, you're lying to yourself Marv.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3c0f4vu7 said:
Jville":3c0f4vu7 said:
Dear Jed York,

Not exactly a shocker.
So Melvin you are saying they ARE NOT on your "approved writers" list? I'm just making sure! :stirthepot: 8)

hawknation2014

Reaction score
It's well known that the 49ers have one of the sleaziest ownerships in sports and have for some time.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":1jo06srb said:
Jville":1jo06srb said:
Dear Jed York,

Not exactly a shocker.

I am certain many 49er fans enjoy a much wider field of vision and independent thought than the above outburst portraits. Most adults are mature enough to take constructive criticism in stride and both learn and grow with it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3joqdf2p said:
It's well known that the 49ers have one of the sleaziest ownerships in sports and have for some time.

Cleveland is now in the running too.

The owner of the clowns stole millions from truckers and was caught. He ended up having to pay the government millions. The very next week, the prices for EVERYTHING in his truckstops went up 10%, so he is stealing from truck drivers all over again to pay the fine he received for stealing from truck drivers in the first place.

Rant over.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":3kgrciqa said:
Marvin49":3kgrciqa said:
Jville":3kgrciqa said:
Dear Jed York,

Not exactly a shocker.

I am certain many 49er fans enjoy a much wider field of vision and independent thought than the above outburst portraits. Most adults are mature enough to take constructive criticism in stride and both learn and grow with it.

?

Huh?

Has nothing to do with constructive criticism. If you had read the Cohns for any length of time you'd know that this crap is status quo. That's all they write. They say provocative stuff to get attention.

I'm sure there is someone in the Seattle area who does the same.

Understand one final thing here. I HAVEN'T EVEN READ THE ARTICLE. Why? It was written by a Cohn. All I was trying to do was explain why there wasn't more of an outcry. There is very little respect for him by Niner fans. That's why. If Lowell and his son worked in Seattle, you'd see exactly what I was talking about.

There is a radio talk show host out here named Damon Bruce who does a great Lowell impression. Its funny as hell. Damon can't stand the guy...but Damon is pretty damn critical of the Niners as well.

I don't even know what he said really so I'm not just being a blind optimist. I just don't read anything written by a Cohn.

Lemme guess tho...something about Harbaugh/Kap/York being disrespectful in some way. Am I close? Same sh*t, different day.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":1vbhebye said:
Understand one final thing here. I HAVEN'T EVEN READ THE ARTICLE. Why? It was written by a Cohn.

That was his point. You insulate your team from criticism because you are a homer.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":35faszyg said:
Marvin49":35faszyg said:
Understand one final thing here. I HAVEN'T EVEN READ THE ARTICLE. Why? It was written by a Cohn.

That was his point. You insulate your team from criticism because you are a homer.

Sigh.

No, I insulate myself from people who's only purpose is to say something controversial to bring attention to themselves. There is no "constructive criticism". Its no more than "hey everyone, look at me be an a$$". Think Skip Bayless x10.

There is no shortage of peeps in the Bay Area being critical of the 49ers right now...and they deserve it. That performance on Thanksgiving was atrocious.

You are going to believe what you want to believe, but if any of you really knew anything about the Cohns and Lowell in particular, you'd be feeling rather foolish about chastising peeps for ignoring the guy.

Copy anything not written by a Cohn or Kawakami and I'd be more than happy to read it. I don't waste my time on them. Feel free to do so if you wish. My guess is after awhile even you will see the trend even when speaking about a team you hate.

You guys make the approved reading list joke all the time...and it just seems like about 90% of the time its one of those three guys. Ya see the pattern?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":xzw9vivn said:
hawknation2014":xzw9vivn said:
Marvin49":xzw9vivn said:

Sigh.

No, I insulate myself from people who's only purpose is to say something controversial to bring attention to themselves. There is no "constructive criticism". Its no more than "hey everyone, look at me be an a$$". Think Skip Bayless x10.

There is no shortage of peeps in the Bay Area being critical of the 49ers right now...and they deserve it. That performance on Thanksgiving was atrocious.

You are going to believe what you want to believe, but if any of you really know anything about the Cohns and Lowell in particular, you'd be feeling rather foolish about chastising peeps for ignoring the guy.
I wish Seattle had reporters who weren't chickenshit.
Your fear of what they will say is a handicap. Are you afraid your hope will get dinged? Which makes you kind of chickenshit. Which is ok, some fans have to be spoon fed optimism by go team go type reporters.

But hey, you are a party line kind of guy. Bleed that red and gold, you ostrich.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":pblb6y70 said:
Marvin49":pblb6y70 said:

In his defense, it is pretty hard to read anything when his head is buried in the sand. :stirthepot:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":cu09ut6c said:
Marvin49":cu09ut6c said:
hawknation2014":cu09ut6c said:
Marvin49":cu09ut6c said:

Sigh.

You are going to believe what you want to believe, but if any of you really know anything about the Cohns and Lowell in particular, you'd be feeling rather foolish about chastising peeps for ignoring the guy.
I wish Seattle had reporters who weren't chickenshit.
Your fear of what they will say is a handicap. Are you afraid your hope will get dinged? Which makes you kind of chickenshit. Which is ok, some fans have to be spoon fed optimism by go team go type reporters.

But hey, you are a party line kind of guy. Bleed that red and gold, you ostrich.

Dude.

Am I speaking French or something? This ain't complicated.

It ain't fear. LOL. It not wanting to waste my time on a guys vanity project. They add NOTHING. There is no reporting in their writing. It's all whining about respect etc. Its the pulpit of an old man whose bruised ego got the best of him.

Hope getting dinged? LOL. My hope was all but demolished on Thanksgiving. I'm still reading and listening to talk radio.

Damon Bruce whom I talked about before BLASTED the 49ers...and Trent Baalke and Jed York. I'm not criticizing him.

Hell, yesterday morning I listened to morning guys on the radio go on for an hour about how Kaps wristband was a tell tale sign that Kap didn't study the playbook. Didn't matter that they didn't have the first clue that EVERY Harbaugh QB wears a wristband going all the way back through Andrew Luck at Stanford and Josh Johnson at USD.

Its how they shorten the playcall. Its schematic.

That was a moronic conversation...but I wasn't shielding myself from anything. Niners sucked. Seattle was better. I came on here right after the game and said it point blank. Niners now face an uncertain future. Not sure what you want me to say here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":19av88hc said:
Marvin49":19av88hc said:
hawknation2014":19av88hc said:
Marvin49":19av88hc said:
No, I insulate myself from people who's only purpose is to say something controversial to bring attention to themselves.

Too delicate to take the criticism?

oi.

Lets use an example.

Lets say you are a Barack Obama fan (no clue if you are or not).

You see a link about Obama quoted from a blog of the Grand Dragon of the KKK.

Do you waste your time even reading the thing? Is it fear of reading criticism that keeps you away or is it more that you already know there is nothing of value to be found there so why waste your time?

Obviously the example above is extreme, but don't know how else to get the point across. If you still don't get it, so be it.