Trade Speculation

jdruaint

Reaction score
Haven't seen this posted. According to JASON LA CANFORA, we are actively looking for help at TE (which we knew after Percy trade) but pass rushers as well for all you claiming for ol and dl vs Jackson. Looks like there looking at everything as always, gotta love that about this front office. Hopefully they get something done by Tuesday, anything would help.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... g-interest

OP
OP
J

jdruaint

Reaction score
Point wasn't that it's anything specific but that of course they are looking into other area's of need not just Jackson. This front office is ALWAYS looking. Gotta love that about Pete and John. :)

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I don't think the article was much of a stretch, for a purely speculative one, at that.

marko358

Reaction score
jdruaint":3j4uohv8 said:
This front office is ALWAYS looking. Gotta love that about Pete and John. :)

I would imagine most front offices are always looking to improve their team. Not sure why you think we're doing something unique.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd love to get Devin Hester to replace Bryan Walters. We know he's a KO/PR star, but he's showing he can make plays as a receiver too.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
From a pure fantasy standpoint, not knowing anything about his contract, I'd bet Martellus Bennett could be had. The Bears are done.

OP
OP
J

jdruaint

Reaction score
Seanhawk":wiamcvwx said:
From a pure fantasy standpoint, not knowing anything about his contract, I'd bet Martellus Bennett could be had. The Bears are done.

That would be awesome! Not only is he a beast but can you imagine the fun of having both the Bennett brothers on the Hawks would be. Pure joy, lol.

firebee

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":a62obsco said:
I'd love to get Devin Hester to replace Bryan Walters. We know he's a KO/PR star, but he's showing he can make plays as a receiver too.

NO!!! ABSOLUTELY NO!!! I don't want any other player, especially one with Hester's pricetag, brought in that our retarded OC will try designing cutesy gimmick plays for. We need someone to replace James Carpenter. That guy draws more flags than Breno and they're not the "oops... being a little over-aggressive" flags. They're the stupid not playing disciplined flags. I kind of hope we keep rolling with Bailey at LG.

We don't really need TE, but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in another TE if it was a TE with huge upside and physical ability... I like Willson... He's really starting to turn the corner and develop into a solid all around TE. Helfet is not the greatest choice for a #2 TE, but hopefully Miller will be back before long and that won't be a problem.

We need a big nasty punishing athletic offensive lineman, like Breno. Hate to say it, but Breno made a huge impact on the demeanor of the offensive line and the way our offensive line played last year. I can definitely tell that Breno is missing this year.

kobebryant

Reaction score
marko358":1qhx81m9 said:
jdruaint":1qhx81m9 said:
This front office is ALWAYS looking. Gotta love that about Pete and John. :)

I would imagine most front offices are always looking to improve their team. Not sure why you think we're doing something unique.

I think he was referencing how active the Hawks are with player turnover relative to a lot of other teams. Green Bay and Pittsburgh definitely come to mind.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":art7lapb said:

Another midget reciever :?:

2_0_6

Reaction score
Earlier on twitter, he had also mentioned the Hawks should be interested in Garcon. I don't think a Pierre Garcon - Richard Sherman locker room would be a good idea.

Id take Bennett in a heartbeat..

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
firebee":2hukuxu6 said:
Recon_Hawk":2hukuxu6 said:

NO!!! ABSOLUTELY NO!!! I don't want any other player, especially one with Hester's pricetag, brought in that our retarded OC will try designing cutesy gimmick plays for. We need someone to replace James Carpenter. That guy draws more flags than Breno and they're not the "oops... being a little over-aggressive" flags. They're the stupid not playing disciplined flags. I kind of hope we keep rolling with Bailey at LG.

We don't really need TE, but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in another TE if it was a TE with huge upside and physical ability... I like Willson... He's really starting to turn the corner and develop into a solid all around TE. Helfet is not the greatest choice for a #2 TE, but hopefully Miller will be back before long and that won't be a problem.

We need a big nasty punishing athletic offensive lineman, like Breno. Hate to say it, but Breno made a huge impact on the demeanor of the offensive line and the way our offensive line played last year. I can definitely tell that Breno is missing this year.

LOL easy there, bud. I don't know how much you've watched Atlanta this year, but I've got both Matt Ryan and Julio Jones on a couple fantasy teams so I've watched them plenty. Hester has been more than just a gimmick receiver and much better than Walters.

Its a suggestion to upgrade a special teams position with some added receiver qualities. He a 7th rounder trade at a contract much cheaper than we were paying Leon Washington and could solve our return problems for the next couple years. Much cheaper than trading for a "big nasty punishing offensive linemen" which, last I checked, aren't on the market.

northseahawk":2hukuxu6 said:
Recon_Hawk":2hukuxu6 said:

Another midget reciever :?:

See above. It's not a trade to greatly improve the WR corp with a high pick and costly cap hit, but it would cement a unstable role that's been lacking since both Tate and Percy left the club.