Seahawks Week 8 Game Moved to CBS 10 am PT

kidhawk

Reaction score
Not sure the story behind it, but just got this update from the Seahawks official app.

I know that they have been have been moving away from the NFC/FOX and AFC/CBS design they had in the past, but not sure what prompted this game to change networks....I am hoping it means CBS wants to actually air it, although CBS in my market notoriously likes to not show Seahawks games.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Our 8th game of the season at home vs. the Raiders? If so, it was always going to be on CBS cuz they're the visitors and an AFC team and no way it's at 10 AM. If it's week 8 of the NFL season and our 7th game of the year at Carolina, that makes zero sense whatsoever because both teams are NFC and thus on FOX?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3rkwuh2c said:
Our 8th game of the season at home vs. the Raiders? If so, it was always going to be on CBS cuz they're the visitors and an AFC team and no way it's at 10 AM. If it's week 8 of the NFL season and our 7th game of the year at Carolina, that makes zero sense whatsoever because both teams are NFC and thus on FOX?

Week 8 is our 7th game and it is the Carolina game. As I added to my original post before any replies, the NFL has been moving away from the NFC/FOX and AFC/CBS model they've used in the past. I'm not sure the why's or how's of it though.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kidhawk":j0qpj90i said:
hawksfansinceday1":j0qpj90i said:

Week 8 is our 7th game and it is the Carolina game. As I added to my original post before any replies, the NFL has been moving away from the NFC/FOX and AFC/CBS model they've used in the past. I'm not sure the why's or how's of it though.
Interesting and I'll "check my local listings". :D

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":16t62sjk said:
Our suckitude yesterday just earned us another morning game.

Fantastic.

It was already a morning game, but was originally scheduled to be on FOX. It's now on CBS.

BAL @ CIN
SEA @ CAR
BUF @ NYJ
MIA @ JAX

These are the 4 games that are scheduled on CBS that morning. I would guess that Seattle may get decent west coast coverage on CBS, but I don't trust my cbs affiliate so I'll wait til the maps come out.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah this game was always at 10am so this is not a change. The only thing it could possibly mean is that CBS wants to make it their national game.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense to me. Its an NFC matchup and FOX has the NFC while CBS has the AFC. Somebody is getting some cash somewhere.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like the networks swapped games....not sure what they are doing, but FOX now has the Titans/Texans that day.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/506sports/status/521683218840686592[/tweet]

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kidhawk":1gkarsk5 said:
Looks like the networks swapped games....not sure what they are doing, but FOX now has the Titans/Texans that day.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/506sports/status/521683218840686592[/tweet]
Guessing CBS threw some coin into that deal too. We may not have the national cache' we wish we did, but Titans v, Texans is dog city.

Latest posts